Home

Pre-Order MLB 13 The Show From PSN Store & Download at 12:01 AM EST, March 5th

This is a discussion on Pre-Order MLB 13 The Show From PSN Store & Download at 12:01 AM EST, March 5th within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 02-28-2013, 08:53 AM   #105
Pro

cactusruss's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Pre-Order MLB 13 The Show From PSN Store & Download at 12:01 AM EST, March 5th

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOldboy
Everything will work the way it should with the digital copy. That is unless you don't have the HDD space for it, plan to have at least 40gb open for the download and install. As long as you got that you'll have no problems.
I have abut 150gb of free space... I think I'm gonna go ahead and cancel my amazon order and get the digital copy instead. The $10 rebate thing will be nice to have.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-28-2013, 09:58 AM   #106
MVP

PrettyT11's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Pre-Order MLB 13 The Show From PSN Store & Download at 12:01 AM EST, March 5th

If it is 15gb or more I think I am going to pass and just get the disc version. It will take far too long for me to download it. I am downloading the new God of War demo now and it is telling me it will take close to 3 hours to finish. So if we are talking 15mb or more I am not waiting that long.

I am going to just wait until after 12 and see what the file size is and decide then. I could care less about the pre order stuff so I will see what happens when you guys start to download.
Old 02-28-2013, 10:52 AM   #107
Pro

ScouserHUN's Arena

OVR: 4

Purchased from PS Store, I got the theme immediately. To tell the truth, the theme is not a big thing, it's more like a backgroung, because nothing is animated.
Old 02-28-2013, 06:46 PM   #108
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScouserHUN
Purchased from PS Store, I got the theme immediately. To tell the truth, the theme is not a big thing, it's more like a backgroung, because nothing is animated.
Ya it's just background but I was expecting that since it only said theme.. It didn't say dynamic theme.
Old 02-28-2013, 08:26 PM   #109
Pro

blueduke's Arena

OVR: 7

I'll be downloading the game. Love this option. By the time I'm done with a sports game it's resell value is next to nothing as I play it until the next version comes out. I'm still playing MLB 12 on my Vita right now. Downloading MLB 13 saves me the time spent going to a brick and mortar. Also don't have to swap out physical discs on my Vita or the PS3. Downloading for me at least is for sports games only though. As I said I play a sports game until the next year's game comes out so resell value is minimum (was lucky enough to get 18 bucks for my PS3 copy of MLB 12 though). However, on non- sports games such GTA, MGS, Uncharted, etc I'll always buy the disc. Reason being I usually finish these games in less than a month and rarely do another play thru. Resell the game on eBay and get at the very least half my money back to put toward the next upcoming blockbuster. But from now on downloading sports games is the way to go for me.
Old 02-28-2013, 08:33 PM   #110
MVP

Houston's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOldboy
Everything will work the way it should with the digital copy. That is unless you don't have the HDD space for it, plan to have at least 40gb open for the download and install. As long as you got that you'll have no problems.
Thank as if you bought the game in the store and you installed it to your hard drive its the same exact game just you wont half to start from tray. It really loads faster and saves wear and tear on your CD ROM. I bought plenty of XBOX 360 games full games off the demand thing and just like it had the DISC of that game patches work the same when you start the game it will still prompt you to download patch. I don't see PS3 games being any different.

I would want to think that the size is reduced because its digital but your still get the same stuff if you went and bought the DISC. I hope this helps.
Old 02-28-2013, 08:37 PM   #111
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston
Thank as if you bought the game in the store and you installed it to your hard drive its the same exact game just you wont half to start from tray. It really loads faster and saves wear and tear on your CD ROM. I bought plenty of XBOX 360 games full games off the demand thing and just like it had the DISC of that game patches work the same when you start the game it will still prompt you to download patch. I don't see PS3 games being any different.

I would want to think that the size is reduced because its digital but your still get the same stuff if you went and bought the DISC. I hope this helps.
I don't think the size will be reduced at all, it should be the same exact data that is on the disc version.

Uncharted GOTY is 43.5gb, almost a full dual layer blurray. http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/...re-update-280/

You also have to think about your HDD, you might be saving wear and tear on your blurray drive, but putting more work on your HDD. I think the benefits of digital are still great, but its not as cut and dry as just "digital is better".

Last edited by MrOldboy; 02-28-2013 at 08:40 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-28-2013, 08:39 PM   #112
MVP

Houston's Arena

Umm not exactly. Its a pre-order. Cant DL it until 3/5

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »