Home

RttS Impressions and Questions

This is a discussion on RttS Impressions and Questions within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-01-2013, 11:42 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: RttS Impressions and Questions

Having played RTTS every year for the past 5 years, I know good in well that it takes at least a week of playing to get into the majors..

However, as much as I will be playing on release, I may be called up quicker than if Strasburg were playing for the Yankees..
Old 03-01-2013, 11:49 AM   #10
Banned

js3512's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by etched Chaos
Brace yourself for a different experience to 12. The lack of commentary is huge, i'm not sure if it's good or bad yet. The new material is great but I hit monster homers and the silence that greets them really hurts, even a dry line about a homer is better than nothing. The big moments need something to top them off and with the commentary being used when you're not on the field the game feels a bit flat.
I don't really get this... It's supposed to be first person, when you're playing in a real baseball game there's no commentary, only the sounds of balls hitting mits and bats along with the roar of the crowd.
Old 03-01-2013, 01:23 PM   #11
Rookie

Any changes made to the way you get scored during games, that you have noticed (higher/lower). Newer ways to get training points?

Have you noticed the option to use the money you make to alter any choices or for it to be used on anything? Are there new attributes you can put training points toward?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-01-2013, 01:53 PM   #12
RTTS Junkie

BSUFAN's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by soxin12
Any changes made to the way you get scored during games, that you have noticed (higher/lower). Newer ways to get training points?

Have you noticed the option to use the money you make to alter any choices or for it to be used on anything? Are there new attributes you can put training points toward?
I only played for a couple of hours, probably hour of gameplay, I didn't notice any different ways of scoring training points, no new attributes, although with training points seemed to be easier to accumulate more points and to me it looked like they gave you a little more points to start with, also it tracks your first hit and with the team you are with and continues to track milestones like in the message format, I noticed that point that are given made it easier to level up your attributes so hopefully you don't get dinged for missing them, I myself just like the hitting aspect of RTTS all though the fielding this year is really challenging ( I might give it a go for a few just to see how I do, LOL ) I turned off the ball follow thingy and halo, looked to much like to me 2K like but it did help alot to follow the ball where it landed ect for those that might have trouble with that.
St. Louis Cardinals
Chicago Blackhawks
Los Angeles Lakers

Old 03-01-2013, 02:33 PM   #13
Rookie

Thanks for the details. So excited for this game I can hardly stand it.

I pretty much have ran out of questions for RTTS. I guess the only other thing I could ask would be how much different RTTS is using a pitcher or a catcher this year. But I'm sure you haven't had enough time to do either.

If you come across anything new over the weekend, feel free to update the community.
Old 03-01-2013, 02:36 PM   #14
RTTS Junkie

BSUFAN's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by soxin12
Thanks for the details. So excited for this game I can hardly stand it.

I pretty much have ran out of questions for RTTS. I guess the only other thing I could ask would be how much different RTTS is using a pitcher or a catcher this year. But I'm sure you haven't had enough time to do either.

If you come across anything new over the weekend, feel free to update the community.
I am using a 1st baseman right now, but I might create pitcher just to see the difference and will give some info tomorrow.
St. Louis Cardinals
Chicago Blackhawks
Los Angeles Lakers

Old 03-01-2013, 04:24 PM   #15
Pro

etched Chaos's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by js3512
I don't really get this... It's supposed to be first person, when you're playing in a real baseball game there's no commentary, only the sounds of balls hitting mits and bats along with the roar of the crowd.
But we're not playing real baseball, we're playing a video game. I've always preferred to have commentary because I like to play a career but I also want the amazing moments in that career to feel like I'm watching them live on my TV. Without the commentator adding that emotion to my epic homers, it just feels flat.

the game should leave you the option to play as authentically as possible with no commentary, no cut-scenes etc etc, or with all the frills for all of us who want broadcast like experiences but with a single player flavour.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-01-2013, 04:38 PM   #16
Rookie

SmoothyRogers's Arena

OVR: 2

Being able to select jerseys before a game. Did that make it in this year?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »