Home

RttS Impressions and Questions

This is a discussion on RttS Impressions and Questions within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-02-2013, 11:28 PM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: RttS Impressions and Questions

As someone who didn't get MLB 12 for multiple reasons mainly including the words "cash" and "flow"...

I find RTTS in 13 to be a pretty nice experience... My dude just got called up to the Major's (Drafted by Toronto), and they're using him at his secondary position (1st base, primary is 3rd base). The goal's aren't impossible to reach, which I liked, but durability is something that needs to be upgraded quickly if you're playing....

Overall, it's a really nice experience in MLB 13... There's a definite difference playing in the big leagues and even on the same difficulty level, it's a big transition... (Batting .278 in triple A, .157 in the majors), and the crowd noise/sound effects... I am slowly becoming infatuated with it. The fact that the commentator's barely speak means that when they do, it's meaningful and that's nice... Especially with commentary just getting boring after a while...

Cheers!
Rahul
Old 03-03-2013, 03:03 AM   #50
Permanently Banned

nomo17k's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcmantommy72
What have your "Advancement Goals" been like?

Have you hit them all? Any of them seem impossible to reach or just not realistic?
With the game basically out already, I decided not to do a full CD impression on RTTS (just because it would sound very lame), but there are a couple of things that I could get directly from the devs (Kirby@SCEA in particular) so I'll just post a few for records.

As mentioned in the blog and by other guys with the game already, there have been some changes to the specific goals that you get for advancement goals..... Those mainly are to remove unrealistic ones, like fielding goals (asking for a 1.000 FPCT....one error and you are done...so it's out....), pitcher no longer getting batting oriented goals, no walk-related goals, etc.

Also, under the hood, the logic has been improved in a way to alleviate the inconsistency between how you are performing on the field and not achieving goals..... like if you are tearing up as a hitter, you won't be penalized as harshly for not achieving certain goals. It's under the hood so you might not notice this clearly, but if we won't be hearing one of the most frequent complaints about RTTS in this regard (WTF the manager doing sitting me down for not doing bunting, when I'm hittin .568 with 8736 HRs before the All Star break ......... just an example), then it may be this improvement in action.

There hasn't been much AI logic changes with regard to player transaction... but you should be given more opportunities to ask for trade, for example, when the time is right (a good player in a losing team, for example).... another under the hood change. There have been a lot of brainstorming going on as to in which direction the mode is going to move ... and something like forcing a trade is also being considered ..... just mentioning this since so many guys just seem to want to play for a specific team... I like reality of having dreams not being fulfilled (yes I'm a very bitter person), so I love being traded to the Seattle Mariners when I really want to play in NYC.... but I was very impressed how receptive SCEA was to our feedback.

As you might remember, Kirby has been actively collecting feedback on the RTTS mode, and will continue to do so. Just because you haven't seen any improvement in the areas that you gave feedback for this year doesn't mean your voices have not been heard...... the devs are around here more than we think....

As the developer, SCEA still needs to balance options vs. authenticity, intention vs. customizability, etc., but once you play the mode it is very clear the RTTS mode has been reborn and there are a wide array of possibilities ahead.... very exciting. and it's basically Kirby's first year (?) effort...... how nice is that??

Personally, I really like the way the new RTTS mode recreates the baseball atmosphere... I know most people just want to quickly advance to MLB without taking much time in each game, but to make the most of the new RTTS, I urge you to play some of your most important games in your careers in fuller watch modes (all pitches, or results play...), watching how your players perform on the field around you, and from the dugout when your team is hitting. Looking at plays unfolding in front of you in that way, make you kinda remember your playing days, watching teammates, waiting for your turn.

Yes the mode highlight you better this year with the new presentations, but it's also how you perform within the context of how your teammates play that actually enhances the experience as well...... the team *needs* you to hit in this situation... but what led to that situation?? okay, down one run, and you walked after a 10-pitch at bat... now pray that your teammates follows up!

... and cheer for your teammates from the dugout! see your team's No. 1 hitter slugging one into the dusk in a minor league stadium! it's beautiful and immersive, and a very personal experinece.

... . and that's what I love about the new RTTS gameplay change this year. Kirby, once a college ballplayer himself, obviously knows how it feels like to be a player in a baseball team. I wasn't expecting the mode to evolve in this way but I'm very thankful it did! I love the new fielding camera and the dugout view so much.......... hahaha.
Old 03-03-2013, 03:32 AM   #51
Pro

pokerlife's Arena

OVR: 7

Will we see the view from the on deck circle waiting for our turn up next to bat?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-03-2013, 05:02 AM   #52
RTTS Junkie

BSUFAN's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerlife
Will we see the view from the on deck circle waiting for our turn up next to bat?
Yes you will, try watching the game from the dugout as the game progresses, you will then move to the on deck circle and then to bat its very cool, check it out
St. Louis Cardinals
Chicago Blackhawks
Los Angeles Lakers

Old 03-03-2013, 10:16 AM   #53
Banned

OVR: 27

I did a little test sim in RTTS the other night to see how trades are in regards to your player. In years past, it seemed like your player would be traded at least once in the first year of his career. Sometimes multiple times.

Anyhow, I simmed one full season and my player was not traded at all. However, something new that I have never seen in RTTS happened. The day after the regular season ended, the player was traded to the Twins in a package for Justin Morneau. Interesting. Never seen a trade after the season.
Old 03-03-2013, 10:56 AM   #54
Stop the Nonsense

fsufan4423's Arena

OVR: 36

Don't know if this was ask before, but is the new camera features and fielding views a rtts thing only? Can you use them in season mode also or exhibition?

3 national championships 3 Heisman Trophy winners 16 ACC Championships 14 straight AP top fives

2014 BCS National Champions
Old 03-03-2013, 02:05 PM   #55
Rookie

OVR: 0

One thing that I'm noticing is a whole lot of high hit, high score games. I'm hoping it's a AA in April issue and not a slider issue.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-23-2013, 06:49 PM   #56
MVP

8's Arena

OVR: 21

Is there a way to turn off that sweeping camera thing when they zoom into your player. It's giving me a headache.

RAVENS/ORIOLES

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »