Home

hitting differculty?

This is a discussion on hitting differculty? within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?
View Poll Results: Hitting differculty
begger mode 1 1.52%
rockie 1 1.52%
vetrian 14 21.21%
all star 38 57.58%
hof 9 13.64%
legend 3 4.55%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-13-2013, 12:51 PM   #25
Banned

OVR: 55
Re: hitting differculty?

What differculty do I use? Why, rockie of course, as in road. Hoping to move up to vetiran soon but I'm going to need to consatate if I want to get good reasults.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-13-2013, 01:03 PM   #26
Pro

JG1986's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BegBy
So after reading this thread I felt somewhat better knowing that I'm not the only one suffering from an anemic offense. Not better knowing my Os brothers are also suffering (haha), but better in the sense that it is an issue and I'm not (totally) crazy.

I decided to test some things. First thing I tried was zone hitting. I didn't change anything. During every at bat I didn't even move the reticle. I left it dead center. So in essence, it's no different for my as far as play style, there's just a new graphic on the screen. My findings were pretty concrete. I played 10 games of fast forwarding and doing nothing but hitting. I couldn't stop hitting. Upwards of 16 hits a game. Every kind of hit in the game. Even my outs were much more dynamic. Organic is the best way to describe th game feel. I didn't feel any swing was predetermined. I had no idea if I was gonna miss, hit a bomb, or just a blooper. Truly a great feel and much more realistic representation of this games sim qualities.

Unfortunately I have no desire to play with zone. Call me crazy. I know. My new mission is to find a slider set for timing that resembles zone. Playing zone is literally playing a different game. A much better game. A very realistic game.

It's sad that the disparities between zone and timing are so profound and pronounced. Hopefully I'll find a mix of hitting skill level and sliders that accurately reproduce zone hitting. If anyone wants to help, please do. We can post our findings here, or we can continue in a separate thread. We need this, though. Timing is not playing the game I hoped for.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

I didn't get to try yet but Armor and Sword makes a slider set for people who like to play the game based on the players' ratings, aka using timing hitting, classic pitching, and button fielding with no meter with all settings on AS (which is what I used last year and the game played awesome). He released his sliders last night so you may want to start there. Later on tonight that is where I will begin after finding my own adjustments didn't work.
Old 03-13-2013, 01:11 PM   #27
Just started!

OVR: 0

I played through the first month in RTTS on all-star, and it was basically batting practice. First-pitch letter-high fastballs in almost every AB. Plus, all of the default starting pitchers at that level top out at about 87-89. I have to start over, because I can't keep a clean conscious with a month of a 1.000+ SLG and 1.7something OPS. 19 homers, almost every other hit is for extra bases. Stupid.

Moved up to HOF, and exhibition games are pretty even. Still a ton of runs on both sides, pulse pitching seems far more unpredictable than in 12.

I feel like pitch speed has been lowered a little. I am almost never late on a fastball. Maybe a product of the expanded timing window.
Old 03-13-2013, 06:11 PM   #28
Rookie

tbonepickens's Arena

Had to swallow my pride and drop down to veteran. Hoping my little bleeders and choppers would lead to errors and maybe allow me to score a run or two just got too frustrating.
Old 03-13-2013, 06:19 PM   #29
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bat
Only other sliders I changed were arm strength (minus 2) and baserunner speed up 1.
I know you did that, raising speed to 1, for your players, but do you now find CPU runners are also faster?
Old 03-13-2013, 06:39 PM   #30
Bat
what

Bat's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavicchi
I know you did that, raising speed to 1, for your players, but do you now find CPU runners are also faster?
Base runner speed is for both. I haven't really noticed any negatives. There is a close play at first that might be safe that wasn't but I can live with that. Scoring guys from second on a hit is more important.
Old 03-13-2013, 09:47 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 8

HoF across the board for me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-13-2013, 11:23 PM   #32
Banned

Jibbler's Arena

All star its more balanced if I have it lower its to easy to hit home runs