Home

Rain Games In Franchise/Season Mode

This is a discussion on Rain Games In Franchise/Season Mode within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-23-2013, 12:31 PM   #17
Rookie

Baseball Purist's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Rain Games In Franchise/Season Mode

In spring training I played in about 5 rainy games in my first 10 games. I almost thought it was overdone this year but it evened out over the remainder of spring training.
Old 03-23-2013, 12:32 PM   #18
MVP

Heroesandvillains's Arena

OVR: 27

Definitely a mixed bag so far. This is a good thing because there should be a randomness to the type of weather we all experience.

I'd be interested to know if any if the CPU testers have tracked its frequency at all?

For now I'll guess I'll pose this question (though it is probably too premature for most of you to answer this). If the amount of rain games were doubled, would you guys appreciate that change? Or do you think they happen at a perfect ratio to sunny and overcast games? Or, like the poster above, are any of you just apathetic to the entire subject because they don't result in rainouts/double-headers?

I'd like to get a feel from the community here if any of you feel like sharing. Thanks for the responses so far.

Last edited by Heroesandvillains; 03-23-2013 at 03:32 PM.
Old 03-23-2013, 03:10 PM   #19
MVP

RangersCruz's Arena

OVR: 10

Maybe it's just me but in RTTS i get more rainy games then in any other mode
Old 03-23-2013, 03:41 PM   #20
MVP

zippy2212's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroesandvillains
Definitely a mixed bag so far. This is a good thing because there should be a randomness to the type of weather we all experience.

I'd be interested to know if any if the CPU testers have tracked its frequency at all?

For now I'll guess I'll pose this question (though it is probably too premature for most of you to answer this). If the amount of rain games were doubled, would you guys appreciate that change? Or do you think they happen at a perfect ratio to sunny and overcast games? Or, like the poster above, are any of you just apathetic to the entire subject because they don't result in rainouts/double-headers?

I'd like to get a feel from the community here if any of you feel like sharing. Thanks for the responses so far.
So far I think the ratio of different games is pretty good. But I've only finishing up spring trainiing.
Old 03-23-2013, 04:14 PM   #21
MVP

AUTiger1's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by KHarmo88
I mean I enjoy seeing a change in weather such as overcast, rain, etc but to me it's not really a priority until it actually means something such as rain delay (animations), rain outs, double headers, etc. Heat lightening would also be cool in summer months. Hopefully on the PS4 they'll be able to make this more accurate

Doesn't seem too hard to replicate
I remember there was a game several years ago that actually had rainouts. It was pretty cool.
Detroit Red Wings
Winnipeg Jets
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-23-2013, 04:56 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 1

H and V... I've started my Franchise and restarted it maybe four times, doing every game around the League. I'm going to say I've seen maybe 60 games.

For the most part I'm getting dry weather, but in one of my Franchises I had like 7 out of 8 games either in the rain or heavy mist on the same day
So I would say it happens in streaks with good weather mostly, scattered showers on occasion.
I'm thinking thats pretty good. I'm just wondering now if the weather for April is different than the weather in July. THAT would be awesome.
Old 03-23-2013, 06:03 PM   #23
Rookie

3fiddy's Arena

OVR: 0

I'm 35 games into my franchise and it seemed perfect. There was a streak of bad weather but as we get into May I havnt seen any in awhile. My team is the cardinals if that helps
Old 03-23-2013, 07:06 PM   #24
MVP

OVR: 25

With 12 I played with the Padres for 5 seasons and saw maybe a total of 4 rainy games... Haven't really even seen any rain yet in 13 either.

I've heard that sound 3 times... once was Babe Ruth, the second was Josh Gibson, and the third was Bo Jackson- Buck O'Neil

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »