Home

MLB 13 The Show Title Update 1.18 Available Now, Details Included

This is a discussion on MLB 13 The Show Title Update 1.18 Available Now, Details Included within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 03-27-2013, 12:42 AM   #305
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: MLB 13 The Show Title Update 1.18 Available Now, Details Included

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millennium
Let me post this again for people that have not seen it:

If you are getting slowdown while rounding the bases, it is because the instituted momentum based running this year. You have to "preload" the next base that you are running to in order for the runner to "round" the base and not lose speed. This is much like you would preload a throw before it got to a fielder in order to trigger a smooth animation.

If you push for the next base too late, your runner will not have a proper angle coming into the bag, and will slow down due to having to adjust to the baseline. This is not a bug and is working as intended.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
I completely understand this....the problem is THIS...

With a runner on second, when there is a base hit to the outfield, we do NOT have enough time to pre-load the runner going to the next base. I pre-load the runner to go home AS SOON as I see the ball will be a base hit, and still get the slowdown at third because I pre-loaded it too late. This is what needs to be adjusted. Give us a little more time to send the runner to that next base.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2013, 12:47 AM   #306
MVP

BrianU's Arena

OVR: 2

I do not know how this is overlooked but the budget issue that is starring you in the face everytime you load franchise is very annoying. I'm talking about how EVERY team no matter what there record winning the WS or losing with a .100 winning pct they all gain 10 million dollars after every season. I was really looking forward to franchise for all the new features and this was hyped up in press releases/videos but it is very broken.

Press release:

"Franchise and Season Mode Evolution (PS3 & PS Vita)
MLB 13 The Show is set on improving the user’s experience in Franchise mode by focusing on player development, while creating a more realistic and dynamic league as time progresses. Additions include a newly implemented team budget that focuses on a reward-penalty system which is solely based on a team’s performance on the field."

I litereally 5 minutes ago was on my PS3 and testing this. I used the Mets and the Twins in both tests. I released their top 15 players in April, simmed the season and fell back 30 games of the division leader by June. I ended with .100 winning pcts. Both times I was given a 10 million dollar increase to my budget for the next year. How can this be overlooked? There is literally a graph on the FRONT of the franchise mode. That graph with the green bars. It litereally says "profit / loss determined by on field performance"

For every single month using both teams the green bars were maxed to the profit side of things. You would think if I won 3 games in an entire month the bar should be going in the negative to show I will be losing profit. Nope, it always behaves the same. I just wish they didn't mention something as a new feature and then not integrate it at all in any way. It isnt a HUGE thing but its annoying to see that chart and know its broken. Im tired and ranting now so i better go to bed. Other than that I LOVE this game A+++ gameplay Just wish franchise features worked better.

Same thing with the AI behavior in terms of trading players/drafting. The other big feature of franchise was for different teams to behave different based on if they are contenders or in rebuilding mode. But i've seen and others have reported teams doing some wierd stuff, like making trades which make no sense given their current status in the season. Last in division but signing a big free agent, or trading prospects for one. I only bring all of this up becuase of how much I love the game. The gameplay is phenomenal. I dont even think we will get another patch and even if we did that any of this would be fixed, but at least they can be aware of it for The Show 14. Please do not advertise and hype features that are not implemented, the game is good enough to sell without doing that
Old 03-27-2013, 12:56 AM   #307
Pro

skow05's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianU
I do not know how this is overlooked but the budget issue that is starring you in the face everytime you load franchise is very annoying. I'm talking about how EVERY team no matter what there record winning the WS or losing with a .100 winning pct they all gain 10 million dollars after every season. I was really looking forward to franchise for all the new features and this was hyped up in press releases/videos but it is very broken.
That's disappointing to hear. Is anyone else still seeing this??

Cowboys

Knicks
PSN - Skow
Old 03-27-2013, 01:01 AM   #308
All Star

Stormyhog's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktd1976
I completely understand this....the problem is THIS...

With a runner on second, when there is a base hit to the outfield, we do NOT have enough time to pre-load the runner going to the next base. I pre-load the runner to go home AS SOON as I see the ball will be a base hit, and still get the slowdown at third because I pre-loaded it too late. This is what needs to be adjusted. Give us a little more time to send the runner to that next base.
I noticed the slowdown when the 3rd base coach put's up the stop sign. I know I pre-loaded early enough but it's as if the runner slows down because of the stop sign by the coach. I don't know if this is the reason but just an observation.
Old 03-27-2013, 01:23 AM   #309
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianU

Press release:

"Franchise and Season Mode Evolution (PS3 & PS Vita)
MLB 13 The Show is set on improving the user’s experience in Franchise mode by focusing on player development, while creating a more realistic and dynamic league as time progresses. Additions include a newly implemented team budget that focuses on a reward-penalty system which is solely based on a team’s performance on the field."

I litereally 5 minutes ago was on my PS3 and testing this. I used the Mets and the Twins in both tests. I released their top 15 players in April, simmed the season and fell back 30 games of the division leader by June. I ended with .100 winning pcts. Both times I was given a 10 million dollar increase to my budget for the next year. How can this be overlooked? There is literally a graph on the FRONT of the franchise mode. That graph with the green bars. It litereally says "profit / loss determined by on field performance"

For every single month using both teams the green bars were maxed to the profit side of things. You would think if I won 3 games in an entire month the bar should be going in the negative to show I will be losing profit. Nope, it always behaves the same. I just wish they didn't mention something as a new feature and then not integrate it at all in any way. It isnt a HUGE thing but its annoying to see that chart and know its broken. Im tired and ranting now so i better go to bed. Other than that I LOVE this game A+++ gameplay Just wish franchise features worked better.

Same thing with the AI behavior in terms of trading players/drafting. The other big feature of franchise was for different teams to behave different based on if they are contenders or in rebuilding mode. But i've seen and others have reported teams doing some wierd stuff, like making trades which make no sense given their current status in the season. Last in division but signing a big free agent, or trading prospects for one. I only bring all of this up becuase of how much I love the game. The gameplay is phenomenal. I dont even think we will get another patch and even if we did that any of this would be fixed, but at least they can be aware of it for The Show 14. Please do not advertise and hype features that are not implemented, the game is good enough to sell without doing that
I just won the world series with the tigers and my budget was reduced 6% based on my team performance. Figure that one out. Happens every time after the first season with the tigers.
Old 03-27-2013, 01:55 AM   #310
MVP

OVR: 14

Can we please stop using the word broken?
Old 03-27-2013, 03:24 AM   #311
Rookie

OVR: 12

*In online games, there was a very rare crash when putting a Pinch Hitter into the game. This was eported with a frequency of approximately 2% - 10%. Multiple pinch hit substitutions in the same inning could eventually result in a crash. This was fixed.

The pinch hit bug is still affecting the game. I was up 16-3 in an online match and brought in bench guys. I subbed Arias in and it was fine in the 6th. I subbed Blanco in during the 7th. These were both defensive subs. Ich hit for DH Hector Sanchez with Brett Pill in the 8th and boom, game froze.

I ended up taking the loss (my 8th of this type). This must be fixed.

Last edited by Stikskillz; 03-27-2013 at 12:39 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2013, 06:24 AM   #312
MVP

LastActionHero's Arena

OVR: 6
Ahhhh the game is super smooth now for me! Even the batter walk up stutter is completely gone!

Thanks!!!!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »