Home

No 'Timing' Hitting for ONLINE Games Is Awful!!

This is a discussion on No 'Timing' Hitting for ONLINE Games Is Awful!! within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-02-2013, 11:22 PM   #81
MVP

cardinalbird5's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: No 'Timing' Hitting for ONLINE Games Is Awful!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobhead
I don't like Timing hitting offline, online, inline, or outline. I don't like it with a tree or with a bee.

I just think it's silly to prevent EVERYONE from using it over something so small... especially when there are other solutions available, like simply allowing users to personally set what they want to play against.
Well if that was in the game then I wouldn't have a problem with it. I've been arguing why I don't like it integrated normally into online. If it doesn't affect me, I don't care. I just don't want to play against it, however when it was usable online it was affecting me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2013, 11:28 PM   #82
MVP

cardinalbird5's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by G3no_11
This is just nonsense.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with adding timing hitting to online. If timing hitters play timing hitters and zone play zone... what is wrong with that? It would make no difference at all to anyone other than timing hitters would actually be able to play online.
That could work, maybe...but then you'd have to filter analog and zone plus analog. It'd really filter out a lot of potential players. If there was an option to exclude only timing or to exclude whichever hitting/pitching interface you wanted to play against and it was implemented properly then it might work.

That is just a lot of settings though, however with all of the current options such as: strike zone, variable ump, GP, hitting and pitching difficulty, hot zones, presentation, etc. I still find games quickly and against an array of opponents. They'd have to disable timing for DD though as everyone has to play on the same level there.
Old 07-03-2013, 01:05 AM   #83
MVP

cardinalbird5's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobhead
I don't use timing or play online but if this were a petition I'd sign it. People should be able to enjoy their game as they wish, and I see no actual competitive advantage gained from using Timing hitting instead of something else.

People just like to complain.
There's some irony there. I feel like the ones who want timing and are being very expressive about it don't even touch online, so how would they actually know?
Old 07-03-2013, 10:31 AM   #84
Banned

ROTTEN's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardinalbird7
I feel like the ones who want timing and are being very expressive about it don't even touch online
Of course they don't touch online. Why would they touch online if they can't use their preferred batting mode?
Old 07-03-2013, 12:43 PM   #85
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50

as Ive always said no timing online then remove analog hitting which is basically timing with just moving stick forward and back. Dont give me the crap about how you have to move the stick left right etc no you dont its simply a pull push system and the PCI is placed for you
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2013, 03:09 PM   #86
Rookie

SaundCo87's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by HustlinOwl
as Ive always said no timing online then remove analog hitting which is basically timing with just moving stick forward and back. Dont give me the crap about how you have to move the stick left right etc no you dont its simply a pull push system and the PCI is placed for you
Zone+Analog is by far the most difficult to hit and to say that its simply a pull push system is a little ridiculous. I understand the original intent of the OP, they should allow every type of hitting but Zone Analog (to me) is by far the most fun and most rewarding and most difficult. Just pressing a button for a swing would get old for me in about 3 seconds.
Old 07-04-2013, 02:03 AM   #87
MVP

cardinalbird5's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROTTEN
Of course they don't touch online. Why would they touch online if they can't use their preferred batting mode?
So you'd play online a lot more with timing?

I just don't buy that. I think people are just complaining, because they think people are hating on their style. I am not personally. If they had a filter for it or it was used for unranked...that would be fine with me.

Have you not experimented with other hitting interfaces??? Analog is pretty similar.
Old 07-04-2013, 06:24 PM   #88
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaundCo87
Zone+Analog is by far the most difficult to hit and to say that its simply a pull push system is a little ridiculous. I understand the original intent of the OP, they should allow every type of hitting but Zone Analog (to me) is by far the most fun and most rewarding and most difficult. Just pressing a button for a swing would get old for me in about 3 seconds.
Im talking about Analog itself, analog plus zone is an entirely different animal

Last edited by HustlinOwl; 07-04-2013 at 07:01 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »