Home

MLB The Show 13 Official Scouting/Prospect/Development Thread

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 13 Official Scouting/Prospect/Development Thread within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-15-2013, 10:33 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show 13 Official Scouting/Prospect/Development Thread

I guess I will throw my 2 cents in. I am something like 6 or 7 years into my franchise with the Rockies. I typically scout a player type for 3-4 days then move onto the next type and do this for about 3 weeks - 1 month then start scouting individuals. If I am really hurting at a certain position I try to scout plenty of them but I go based on potential more than anything because if a player doesn't pan out at least they will be valued on the trade market. Sim day to day and keep an eye on the email icon, it will alert you when a scout is done and I never let them have down time.

Developing players has its ups and downs. I still havent narrowed down when it is best to bring someone to the majors or let them stay in AAA one more year. I have not had a single drafted player reach a 99 overall yet but I have drafted some good players, no MVP's or Cy Young's but good players. This past season I had multiple drafted guys hit between .275-350 with 25-40 HR's and over 100 RBI's.

It seems to me that outfielders that reach high overalls are easy to come by... I have too many to know what to do with. SP's whether they have reached the 90's or not I have not had any that did all that great and have yet to see under a 3 ERA most are 4 or higher. RP's are impossible to find in the draft it seems unless you pick super high (like top 5) and then you are probably passing up better position players.

The saddest thing for me so far? I traded away an A potential prospect SP who seemed to plateau in AA... saw him on another team this year 97 overall.
Old 04-17-2013, 10:35 AM   #34
MVP

OVR: 10

Any confirmation on whether scouting outside of one's region hs any adverse effects?
Old 04-17-2013, 11:29 AM   #35
Rookie

3fiddy's Arena

I just hit June 5th or 6th and the scouting cannot be selected now. I guess the draft is soon ?? And does anyone know when we can start scouting again ??!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-17-2013, 11:38 AM   #36
Rookie

cubsfan128's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3fiddy
I just hit June 5th or 6th and the scouting cannot be selected now. I guess the draft is soon ?? And does anyone know when we can start scouting again ??!
Yeah the draft should we coming up in the next day or so! It is on June 6th for the 2013 season

I do commentaries for sports games such as MLB The Show, Madden, NCAA Football, and more! Stop by and I promise you won't regret it!
Old 04-17-2013, 11:43 AM   #37
Rookie

3fiddy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubsfan128
Yeah the draft should we coming up in the next day or so! It is on June 6th for the 2013 season
Sweet !! I scouted only pitchers. Ill post up later tn wht I end up with. Thanks
Old 04-17-2013, 01:20 PM   #38
MVP

Heroesandvillains's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwjr
Any confirmation on whether scouting outside of one's region hs any adverse effects?
Yes. The scout will not be as accurate or efficient.

I can confirm this because Ramone told this to me at CD.
Old 04-17-2013, 01:28 PM   #39
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwjr
And then just start scouting the next guys?

Yes exactly.

I love the new scouting interface and traning interface. huge improvement and it really adds another layer of the the game off the field.

Awesome job SCEA.

So When my draft is around the corner I will post up my target list etc. I am only in April as I play every game.
NHL25 - Panthers YR1 Pre-Season
Star Wars Outlaws

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Old 04-17-2013, 01:53 PM   #40
Banned

I have a system that I use that works pretty well for me. I use the first week of the season to scout only right handed pitchers for all four regions. When I get to the first sunday I switch all scouts to left handed pitchers for all four regions. The next sunday. I will scout all infield propsects for all four regions. Depending on efficiency scouting all infielders in the region typically takes about 1 to 1 1/2 weeks. When they are finished I switch to outfielders. This generally takes about 1 and a half weeks to complete. I then go into the next month with about 5 days to scout catchers. There doesnt seem to be a bunch of catchers in each region so I can generally complete this in about 5 days.

It is then about a month till the draft and I start scouting individual players. I dont necessarily scout by ETA. This is very erratic and changes quite frequently after scouting players. I just go down the list and scout players with there potential bars high in several attributes. I have come away with some great steals. I have yet to see a breakout star though like they described in the developer videos before release such as a mike trout or bryce harper (My team or the computer). After the patch I feel like potential in general has been kind of jacked up.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »