Home

Anyone else struggling playing Texas?

This is a discussion on Anyone else struggling playing Texas? within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-28-2013, 10:30 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Anyone else struggling playing Texas?

I'm using TNK's Realism Sliders with the Rangers. I simmed all the way up to current day as of Aug 24th and have played from there. For me, I struggle hitting with these guys through the first 3-4 innings, and then I start to find my groove. Absolutely love pitching with Yu, but can't stand Holland either.
Old 08-28-2013, 02:48 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 5

For me, Darvish started off rocky through 2 starts, but has been great since with a 6-2 record.

Ogando has been awesome. 7-1, with a 1.36 ERA (and if you can believe it, if not for giving up 6 runs in 3 IP in his loss, his ERA would be microscopic).

I still can't throw a sinker strike with Holland. It's his primary pitch, and I only throw it when there's no risk. After his first 4 starts, and a ERA of 12, I had to choose to trade him or edit him. So I edited him by adding an average fastball so I had a pitch I could throw for a strike. It's the only edit I made, and since, he's been pretty good. His ERA is now down in the 6 range. I still don't like to use him, but at least he's competitive now.

This is the first time in all my years playing the Show that I've had a really wide spread in ERAs on my starting staff (1.36 up to 6+)
Old 08-30-2013, 05:13 PM   #11
Pro

OVR: 8

The marlins kill me. I play as the bravos, and dear lord....I have the worst time. I probably lose two out of every three I play against them. And the ones I do win, it's a squeaker.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2013, 09:49 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 5

I'm getting frustrated playing as the Rangers. I'm 33-23, so the record is good. But my offense isn't. I'm playing on All Star, and my sliders are now near maxed out on the player batting sliders. I've moved them up and down, but I'm trying to get more offense so they've been inching back up to max and I'm still not seeing offensive improvement.

I'm hitting about .250 over the past month, and averaging 3.5 runs per game over my last 20 games. In those 20 games, I was held to 3 runs or less 12 times. So I'm getting little variety in box scores.

I'm also getting frustrated with pitching, but not for the reason you'd expect. In the last 30 games, I've moved from All Star to HoF to Legend pitching to try and give the CPU more runs against me. Pitching All Star, I gave up 2.9 runs/game through 18 games. Pitching HoF, I gave up 3.2 runs/game over 30 games. And now on Legend, I'm giving up only 2.5 runs through 10 games.

I still have a little way I can go with pitching sliders, as they're about the mid point on Legend for the CPU batting sliders, but the jump from All Star through Legend hasn't been that noticeable, and I'm actually giving up less runs on Legend. I even threw a 1 hitter in my 2nd Legend pitching start.

So, in summary, I have a good record, but my I'm not scoring enough and not giving up enough runs. I want more box score variety, and average runs/game in the 4-5 range not 2.5-3.5, for both me and the CPU.

Anyone have any suggestions, or experiencing something similar?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »