Home

MLB 14 The Show Reports Tomorrow, What Do You Expect?

This is a discussion on MLB 14 The Show Reports Tomorrow, What Do You Expect? within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-12-2014, 01:46 PM   #41
MVP

Picci's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: MLB 14 The Show Reports Tomorrow, What Do You Expect?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayman
I expect a May release for PS4 and then much anger and rage. Not from me, just in general.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-12-2014, 01:51 PM   #42
MVP

bronxbombers21325's Arena

OVR: 2

A release date for PS3. Thats the main thing I am interested in.
Old 02-12-2014, 01:54 PM   #43
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Since I'm a civilian this year(no Community Week )...I'm going to chime in!

I expect the release dates to be different for PS3 and PS4.
What they will be and how far apart...I have no idea....but it will be because of finishing touches and not because they actually want different release dates IMO.
I think we'll get a great amount of info from PSNation(Glenn) and some screenshots from both the PS3 and PS4 from him......as well as some PS3 gameplay footage.
I think the PS4 footage will be the launch trailer from SCEA themselves and then we'll start getting PS4 footage of actual gameplay later from various outlets.

In game....
PS3 and PS4 will be the same inasmuch as modes I think.....with the PS4 version being much, MUCH better than it's PS3 counterpart in the graphics department......but that will be no slouch either.(yeah...this is obvious)
-more animations and smoother animations
-improved logic in franchise mode in pretty much all areas....trades...signings......budget logic...etc.
-better in game logic as well
-better commentary
-more stat overlays in franchise and game

I'm HOPING for
-editable everything....but especially potential....service time and contracts. I'll take any of those three to start...and hope for all of them at some time.
-better stat tracking and at the very least.....the carry over of stats from in season to post season
-custom league setup(I seriously doubt this feature this year with all the extra work....but REALLY praying for this OFFLINE for following years)(I think we have it ONLINE already....correct?)

We know about quick counts and year to year saves from '14 on.....but there are definitely some very nice additions this year that I know most players will love!

M.K.
Knight165
Old 02-12-2014, 02:00 PM   #44
Banned

OVR: 27

Since some people are guessing release dates, I'll throw mine out there:

PS3/Vita: March 25th

PS4: April 15th
Old 02-12-2014, 02:05 PM   #45
MVP

OVR: 13
I'm waiting for the Vita information. I have a 360 and I'm planning to wait a while before moving to the next generation. Vita has become my go-to gaming device!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-12-2014, 02:07 PM   #46
Pro

metsfan4life1's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
Since I'm a civilian this year(no Community Week )...I'm going to chime in!

I expect the release dates to be different for PS3 and PS4.
What they will be and how far apart...I have no idea....but it will be because of finishing touches and not because they actually want different release dates IMO.
I think we'll get a great amount of info from PSNation(Glenn) and some screenshots from both the PS3 and PS4 from him......as well as some PS3 gameplay footage.
I think the PS4 footage will be the launch trailer from SCEA themselves and then we'll start getting PS4 footage of actual gameplay later from various outlets.

In game....
PS3 and PS4 will be the same inasmuch as modes I think.....with the PS4 version being much, MUCH better than it's PS3 counterpart in the graphics department......but that will be no slouch either.(yeah...this is obvious)
-more animations and smoother animations
-improved logic in franchise mode in pretty much all areas....trades...signings......budget logic...etc.
-better in game logic as well
-better commentary
-more stat overlays in franchise and game

I'm HOPING for
-editable everything....but especially potential....service time and contracts. I'll take any of those three to start...and hope for all of them at some time.
-better stat tracking and at the very least.....the carry over of stats from in season to post season
-custom league setup(I seriously doubt this feature this year with all the extra work....but REALLY praying for this OFFLINE for following years)(I think we have it ONLINE already....correct?)

We know about quick counts and year to year saves from '14 on.....but there are definitely some very nice additions this year that I know most players will love!

M.K.
Knight165
Exactly on spot! I'm really pumped. I followed all the news leading up to GTA V relase for two years... I've been paying as much, if not more attention to MLB 14 The Show for PS4.
Old 02-12-2014, 02:09 PM   #47
Pro

metsfan4life1's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeKing
Since some people are guessing release dates, I'll throw mine out there:

PS3/Vita: March 25th

PS4: April 15th
This is what I hope for the release date : The first week in march. I know that won't be the case, but we all know we want the game to be relased on normal time. But as Knight said, there will be a delayed release for the PS4 version to make sure the game is good enough for the public.
Old 02-12-2014, 02:13 PM   #48
Rookie

OVR: 1
I could be the only one who wants this, but.....Editable Coaches, especially the Free Agent ones.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »