Home

MLB 14 The Show Road to the Show Developer Blog

This is a discussion on MLB 14 The Show Road to the Show Developer Blog within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-30-2014, 01:09 PM   #217
Pro

agentlaw13's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: MLB 14 The Show Road to the Show Developer Blog

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLB Bob
Im not trying to be over critical and want to say outright that I really like the changes to RTTS this year and adding back in the commentary as a option.

My question is with the changes. In interviews its stated that they wanted to make changes to RTTS goal system because it wasnt realistic and didnt give the feeling they wanted.....so why were they ever in there in the first place? If it isnt realistic or fun or whatever, why did they have it in there for so long and then decide to change it after years of it being like that?

I looking forward to the new design and hope to spend a lot of time with this version. Thanks for the changes SCEA
Im sure the original plan for being called up in RTTS involved the goals bc that was the easiest way to monitor progress and justify getting your player called up. I believe SCEA realized that this needed to change after years of hearing feedback about RTTS players having monster stats but failing to get promoted due to an "unnecessary" goal that wasnt met. I too, like the fact that they made it more realistic this year by dropping the goals and basing call-ups primarily on performance.

Cant wait to dig into it this week and transfer it over to the PS4 when it arrives in May. Good luck in your RTTS.
Old 03-30-2014, 11:55 PM   #218
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebryant824
New to MLB The Show and will be buying this year, quick question.

Do you have to play every game or can you sim individual games? Can you sim parts of games and enter whenever you want?
You play every game you're a starter or you're subbed in as a PH or RP but you don't HAVE to play it, you can sim any game you want (but I wouldn't recommend it) and you can choose to only bat during games if you're a fielder but no you can't enter whenever you want IIRC.
Old 04-01-2014, 05:00 PM   #219
Rookie

Ljm623's Arena

OVR: 5

It's fantastic, it's mainly the mode i play
Old 04-20-2014, 05:58 PM   #220
Just started!

OVR: 0

The thing that upsets me the most is that salaries do not mean anything. I wish they would convert salary to training points because I always sign for close to nothing in order to play for many years with my team.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »