Home

Sim Sports Global: Show Online Franchise

This is a discussion on Sim Sports Global: Show Online Franchise within the MLB The Show Online forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Online
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2016, 04:43 PM   #1
All Star

Mike Lowe's Arena

OVR: 18
Sim Sports Global: Show Online Franchise

Introduction

I'm a long-time member and now contributing writer here at Operation Sports. I also manage a simulation sports universe/website of six leagues on a yearly, real-time calendar (OOTP, FOF, GDS). We have a fantastic community of members in those sim sport leagues, and we're now looking to venture out into the console sports gaming world!

While console sport gaming doesn't give us the same amount of control/longevity/depth of a game like Out of the Park Baseball, we are able to setup some fun and unique experiences--and perhaps something to build on when we eventually *hopefully* get online franchise to be the full experience it is offline for MLB The Show.

Setup & Rules (see post #2)

----------

Applying

By starting our league towards the end of the baseball season, we're hoping to find a committed group of members, not just folks who want in while it's trendy.

We're not concerned with how good or how bad you are at the game; what we're interested in is whether you're going to stick around with us, and whether you can prove that to us in applying.

If you're interested in joining us, please reply to this thread with your PSN and a link to your Show profile. For instance, here is mine:
http://theshownation.com/players/MikeLowe47

Here is a template you can copy/paste:

PSN:
Link to your Show Profile:
Slack Email (GroupMe sucks):
Usual Times Available:
Top 3 Team Choices:
Minimum Number of Games You Can Play Per Week:

Last edited by Mike Lowe; 08-26-2016 at 12:08 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2016, 04:43 PM   #2
All Star

Mike Lowe's Arena

Re: Sim Sports Global: Show Online Franchise

Setup
  • Roster: OSFM V6
  • Name: SSG Show Online Franchise
  • Franchise Sign-up: Private
  • Division Type: Divisional
  • Number of Teams: 30
  • Number of Playoff Teams: 10
  • World Series Length: 7
  • Championship Series Length: 7
  • Division Series Length: 5
  • Wild Card Series Length: 1
  • Total Games: 40
  • Schedule Type: Open (Manual)
  • Flex Leeway: 7
  • Minimum Player Skill Level: Rookie
  • Maximum Player Skill Level: Legend
  • Player Draft: Off
  • DH Type: Auto
  • Allow Trades: On
  • Trade Approval: On (commissioners will review)
  • Allow Free Agents: On
  • Allow Legend Free Agents: Off
  • Hitting Difficulty: All-Star
  • Pitching Difficulty: All-Star
  • Innings: 9
  • Guess Pitch: Off
  • Quick Counts: Off
  • Strike Zone: On
  • Hot Zones: On
  • Balks: On
  • Umpire Balls And Strikes: Variable
  • Ejections: On
  • Injuries: On

Slider Adjustments
  • Human Pitcher Consistency: 1 (-4 from default)
  • Injury Frequency: 8 (+3 from default)

Rules
  • This is a zero tolerance, no qutting league. Even the best teams in baseball only win 60% of the time.
  • This is also a "don't be a DB league. There are well known gimmicks in this game that can be exploited. I'm hoping we don't have to spell them out for anyone, but please play honest baseball.
  • Dirtballs ARE allowed.
  • Steal and bunt at your own risk. On defense, make adjustments if you're concerned--they are very preventable.
  • Do not "time out" your opponent. Because we're encouraging manual defensive shifts, etc. it's only fair we leave folks enough time to adjust. Obviously, don't abuse the pause button to go make dinner or something either!
  • Minimum expected games to be played per calendar week: 4
  • Free agent signings are NOT handled on a first come first serve basis until a player has been a free agent for 24 hours. If a player is released, we will use a release waiver system on the SSG forum with the team with the worst record and/or worst team rating getting priority, non-league dependent.
  • For initial, new league free agents, we will hold a free agency draft similar to the Rule 5 draft in which teams can continue to draft until they decide to pass. The order will be determined before we start.
  • Be active in our Slack channel. lack of communicate may result in you being removed.

Last edited by Mike Lowe; 08-27-2016 at 09:50 AM.
Old 08-15-2016, 04:59 PM   #3
Bacon is Better

Bullit's Arena

OVR: 17

Hey Mike,

I am interested, tentatively, in playing in an online league. The Show is pretty much the only game I play, except for The Witcher of course, I have always stayed away from online because I don't like the random crowd. But with a good group of guys and a regular thing, that I think I could get into.

PSN: Psychotic-Coffee
Slack Email (GroupMe sucks): [email protected]
Usual Times Available: East Coast. Usually evenings 7or 8 until 10 or 11
Top 3 Team Choices: Washington, Orioles, San Diego

http://theshownation.com/players/Psychotic-Coffee

I have no problem joining Slack if this goes further.

Thanks for your time

My heart and soul hurt for your lost presence in my life.

Last edited by Bullit; 08-15-2016 at 05:02 PM.
Old 08-15-2016, 05:35 PM   #4
All Star

Mike Lowe's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullit
Hey Mike,

I am interested, tentatively, in playing in an online league. The Show is pretty much the only game I play, except for The Witcher of course, I have always stayed away from online because I don't like the random crowd. But with a good group of guys and a regular thing, that I think I could get into.

PSN: Psychotic-Coffee
Slack Email (GroupMe sucks): [email protected]
Usual Times Available: East Coast. Usually evenings 7or 8 until 10 or 11
Top 3 Team Choices: Washington, Orioles, San Diego

http://theshownation.com/players/Psychotic-Coffee

I have no problem joining Slack if this goes further.

Thanks for your time
Awesome, Bullit! I sent you a Slack invite. Also, your Show profile says you're not in any online franchises, and have only played 3 games online since 2014?
Old 08-15-2016, 05:57 PM   #5
Bacon is Better

Bullit's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lowe
Awesome, Bullit! I sent you a Slack invite. Also, your Show profile says you're not in any online franchises, and have only played 3 games online since 2014?
That seems about right. I am surprised it is that much.

I am in my 3rd year of my Nationals franchise, offline, if that makes any difference. I honestly play 2/3 games a day, plus some RTTS. For the past 10 years or so I stopped playing any other sports games at all. Looking for something new this year, thinking maybe F1 or FIFA, but maybe NBA or NHL. Probably wont pick any of them up in reality. I just end up playing The Show and they collect dust.

I just dont like playing online with randoms. I don't have the patience to deal with idiots and drama. I just want to play baseball. I would like to play with a group of guys that have the same desire as I do, but I just don't know where to start and it has always just been easier to play offline and not worry about it.

My heart and soul hurt for your lost presence in my life.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2016, 06:10 PM   #6
All Star

Mike Lowe's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullit
That seems about right. I am surprised it is that much.

I am in my 3rd year of my Nationals franchise, offline, if that makes any difference. I honestly play 2/3 games a day, plus some RTTS. For the past 10 years or so I stopped playing any other sports games at all. Looking for something new this year, thinking maybe F1 or FIFA, but maybe NBA or NHL. Probably wont pick any of them up in reality. I just end up playing The Show and they collect dust.

I just dont like playing online with randoms. I don't have the patience to deal with idiots and drama. I just want to play baseball. I would like to play with a group of guys that have the same desire as I do, but I just don't know where to start and it has always just been easier to play offline and not worry about it.
This can be a good fit for you then as I too don't want any douchebagery happening. At the same time, I want people to prepare for each situation, and not complain when someone bunts for a hit when their 3B is playing deep!

This can be a good community for you and a good place to start. I'm not overly concerned with people's skill level (although, there likely will be some very good players). I'm concerned with people being committed, and understanding that the fasted way to improve is by playing people who offer you the best challenge.

I sent you a friend request on PSN.
Old 08-16-2016, 11:42 AM   #7
All Star

Mike Lowe's Arena

I sent invites out to some of you, and now have the teams set properly so you can actually claim one

Sorry for the confusion!
Old 08-16-2016, 01:20 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 0

Hi Mike, I'm very interested in your league. My psn is Dueces_77 and my email is [email protected]. I've played the show for years and have just started mlb 16. I'm a very committed player and would like to play anywhere from 2-7 games a week. I'm available anytime and would take any team. I would chose the blue jays, red sox and baltimore.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Online »