Home

A New Online Franchise For Us Nomads

This is a discussion on A New Online Franchise For Us Nomads within the MLB The Show Online forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Online
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-14-2017, 03:23 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 9
A New Online Franchise For Us Nomads

Ok so this is my 1st year finally succumbing to the online franchise mode. I've had The Show for every year since it came out and I always just play offline franchise. I finally ventured out as I used to do online franchise and dynasties in Madden and NCAA. Anyway, I joined a couple leagues figuring 1 or both wouldn't jive with me or vice versa. I am now involved in only 1 but I really don't think it's going to work out as the majority of the teams(full 30team league) are never on and don't use the groupMe we created for much if at all. There seems to be a dedicated small group that are getting frustrated with not being able to schedule games(open scheduled). So we started talking about what we were hoping for from this franchise and it turned out we were looking for something more competitive and active. So I have decided that I should just create my own and only allow those who have the same preferences in an online dynasty. So here goes the rules:

YOU MUST BE ACTIVE AND DEDICATED TO MULTIPLE SEASONS. I do not want the average casual player that's just bored looking for something to do for a few weeks. I want players that love this game, love baseball and genuinely want to have a solid group of like minded players to be in a league with.

Must have and use groupMe(easiest way to communicate as a group)

5gms min. played per week. If you aren't able to that's cool, this league just isn't for you. There will of course be exceptions to the rules based on legitimacy of reasons and giving either the league or myself(preferably both) a heads up on what's going on. **** happens, there's just a very simple way to handle it.

All-Star difficulty

Latest OSFM rosters

No cheese play(no bunting every play, must be around the strike zone not throwing the same pitch in the dirt every pitch, must play realistic compared to MLB. Use a real 5man rotation, use bullpen realistically, etc).

Divisional with open schedule

All 30 teams(looking for 2-3 each division with some CPU) I just don't see a full league actually being able to keep up consistently

No guess pitch, no quick counts, balks ON(part of baseball).

No Legend FA's

Things I'm open to discussion based on wants of majority:

Amount of games played. (Min 40, would love a dedicated group to play 162 but I realize that's prolly not realistic)

Real MLB teams or a draft. I like the realism of using the real teams but also I feel like a draft levels the playing field and let's guys draft teams they enjoy playing with, therefore keeping more owners interested.

Not sure if I'm forgetting anything but if you're interested so far respond and we can get this going soon hopefully.

Thanks,

Jesse(call me Ferg)

PSN - Fergapalooza14

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2017, 04:11 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: A New Online Franchise For Us Nomads

Oh and I have created 2 leagues, 1 with regular teams and 1 with a draft. Both with 82gm seasons

Old 04-15-2017, 12:14 PM   #3
Rookie

Gerg1027's Arena

OVR: 0

I'll play add me, Gerg1027
Old 04-15-2017, 12:19 PM   #4
Rookie

Gerg1027's Arena

Would play either fantasy or as irl royals

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Old 04-15-2017, 01:52 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerg1027
I'll play add me, Gerg1027

Ok sounds good. I'm gonna give it a couple days to get at least 10 owners in before I give up.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-18-2017, 04:11 PM   #6
Just started!

Jerseytwinsfan92's Arena

Would love to do a fantasy draft as the twins or the real rosters hit me up Why-troopa
Old 04-19-2017, 09:17 AM   #7
Rookie

SummersJr27's Arena

I would be interested in Joining. I will tell you the one thing I didn't see you mention that my other league does and manages to have 26 active members playing every day, but it is required for everyone to have a twitch or youtube account and at least 1 of the teams playing a game (the away team usually unless home team agrees to) is required to stream and set the stream to automatically archive when finished. The main reason for this, is so the admins can do there job correctly and watch video if needed, but we also like it because its a great scouting tool for learning other player tendencies.

PSN: SummersJr27
https://www.twitch.tv/summersjr27ps4/videos/all
I would like the Braves or Nationals if available.
My vote is for fantasy draft.
Old 04-20-2017, 10:09 AM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SummersJr27
I would be interested in Joining. I will tell you the one thing I didn't see you mention that my other league does and manages to have 26 active members playing every day, but it is required for everyone to have a twitch or youtube account and at least 1 of the teams playing a game (the away team usually unless home team agrees to) is required to stream and set the stream to automatically archive when finished. The main reason for this, is so the admins can do there job correctly and watch video if needed, but we also like it because its a great scouting tool for learning other player tendencies.

PSN: SummersJr27

https://www.twitch.tv/summersjr27ps4/videos/all

I would like the Braves or Nationals if available.

My vote is for fantasy draft.

Yes you're right I did forget to mention Twitch!!! Good job man. Twitch will be required as well. I was going to scrap the league cuz I wasn't getting much interest but it's been picking up lately and I'm in another league that may want to start over and merge with my new league. I will keep you posted but meanwhile I'm going to send invites to those who have inquired already. So fellas look for invites coming later on this afternoon!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Online »