Home

Speed Rating & Player Stamina Gripe

This is a discussion on Speed Rating & Player Stamina Gripe within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 05-24-2024, 08:58 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Speed Rating & Player Stamina Gripe

This game is phenomenal so I dis-like complaining about it.

How do they come up with some of these speed ratings though?

Last year Acuna stole 73 bases and had a sub 80 speed rating if I'm not mistaken, obviously developers couldn't have for seen the new rule impact on stealing bases. Please save me the technique/base running instinct garbage, of course you need all that but to steal bases the way some of these guys do you have to be able to fly. Right now my fight is with Anthony Volpe's - He's running like he has a fridge on his back. I think he has a sub 80 speed rating. Last year they had Tyler O'Neal at a 99 speed and this year a 74. That is just not a rating that guys should be fluctuating drastically - going from 99 to 74 is like telling me he had 3 toes amputated.

What deciphers a guy like Corbin Carroll at 99 speed v. a Volpe 78ish rating? You mean to tell me there is that much of a difference in two guys who can really go? I get that Carroll & Elly are world class speed guys but the next echelon of guys aren't that far off are they? It is just not in me to edit them to my liking b/c I want statistical evidence to base it on.

I really wish we could edit a player's stamina too; there are quite a few guys playing 150+ games a year now and they are dead after a few games very early in the season. Progressive fatigue, where a guy like that is dead come July & August would be nice but too many guys are dead in April.

Last edited by GAMEBREAKER85; 05-24-2024 at 09:02 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2024, 11:58 AM   #2
Rookie

StonewallTexan's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Speed Rating & Player Stamina Gripe

Supposedly the dev team uses statcast where available. Volpe is 28.7ft/sec, Carrol 29.1. Carroll should be faster, though probably not 20pts faster, I agree.

Tyler O'Neal is 27.4 ft/sec on statcast, so the that 70s speed rating is probably more accurate.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »