Home

List of Classic Seasons & Historic Specialty Rosters:

This is a discussion on List of Classic Seasons & Historic Specialty Rosters: within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-07-2014, 10:04 PM   #41
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: List of Classic Seasons & Historic Specialty Rosters:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrycaj
Can anyone answer this question? Some of the historic rosters have current free agents (1984 and 1975 come to mind), while others don't (1985 and 1994). I want to edit out current free agents from historical rosters but can't figure out how to do it. How are people doing this? Thanks in advance. Sorry if this is the wrong place for this but for some reason this forum won't let me create my own thread. Don't understand that one either!
I use classic rosters (unless they are true 90 man rosters with full minors and free agents) in season mode only. Using 30 team control as well as roster control so no injuries. I also make sure for the 29 teams I am not playing with I set their profile to manual for signing free agents. So no current players infest my classic season replay.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2014, 08:02 AM   #42
Just started!

Hrycaj's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor & Sword
I use classic rosters (unless they are true 90 man rosters with full minors and free agents) in season mode only. Using 30 team control as well as roster control so no injuries. I also make sure for the 29 teams I am not playing with I set their profile to manual for signing free agents. So no current players infest my classic season replay.
Thank you for that tip. I knew there was an easy fix.
Old 07-11-2014, 06:10 PM   #43
MVP

OVR: 3

A post 2000 historical roster? I'll believe it when I see it!
Old 07-18-2014, 08:44 AM   #44
Rookie

Sorry. I attempted a 2001 roster once and it failed miserably. I am old school when it comes to baseball. I grew up in the late 60's early 70's and have memories and knowledge from that era to re-create players based on watching them all day on tv, collecting their cards, mimicking their batting stances, etc. I'll leave the new rosters to the younger guys and my old a** will keep doing what I do. FYI....Almost done with the AL on my 78 roster. I said I wasn't going to do anymore after my 84 & 75 but, what the hell. I have read that they will be transferrable to next years game. Is this correct?
Old 07-18-2014, 10:08 AM   #45
MVP

This news made my day!!! Grew up 70's baseball. Love that era. Currently play 75 season with Mets. Hopefully next year they'll have classic stadiums for ps4? Again thanks for this upcoming roster plus your 84 and 75 sets. Truly masterful work.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2014, 10:15 AM   #46
MVP

As an aside regarding your 84 set. I have Tim Flannery's #6 jersey he gave up so Steve Garvey could wear his #6 on the Padres. It wa a Christmas gift as my mother knew Jerry Coleman.
Old 07-18-2014, 02:28 PM   #47
Rookie

htskr21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnEKool
Sorry. I attempted a 2001 roster once and it failed miserably. I am old school when it comes to baseball. I grew up in the late 60's early 70's and have memories and knowledge from that era to re-create players based on watching them all day on tv, collecting their cards, mimicking their batting stances, etc. I'll leave the new rosters to the younger guys and my old a** will keep doing what I do. FYI....Almost done with the AL on my 78 roster. I said I wasn't going to do anymore after my 84 & 75 but, what the hell. I have read that they will be transferrable to next years game. Is this correct?
Thanks, again, John! If you use them in season or franchise, the saves carry forward is what I understand. I'm not sure if the roster itself transfers...
Old 07-18-2014, 03:51 PM   #48
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnEKool

John you rock man. I loved playing your 78 on 12. Loved it!!!! The 77/78 Yankees have such a special spot for me. I was 7 and 8 years old during those seasons and those were my first baseball hero's. Randolph and Nettles were my idols along with Mattingly and Brett.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »