Home

Hybrid + OSFM

This is a discussion on Hybrid + OSFM within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-16-2015, 04:00 PM   #49
MVP

redsfan4life's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Hybrid + OSFM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarheels153369
Any way someone could upload these online for download?
LOL. Sad what this thread has turned into.

They are already in vault.
Old 04-16-2015, 04:01 PM   #50
Rookie

Threeebs's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsfan4life
Speaking of condescending. Why are you trying to make this personal? I don't get the point..

Ahhh, you made it personal. My original post was a response to rjackson. You were mentioned in it because that's what this topic was about from the get go. I simply stated what it looked like you were doing/handling the feedback from a guy reading from the sidelines. I'm sure many people saw it the same way. You responded to the gentlemen that asked you politely to not name this project OSFM Hybrid the wrong way.
Old 04-16-2015, 04:05 PM   #51
MVP

OVR: 31

Name your roster whatever you like.

I'm with rjackson on this one....this place used to be fun and communal now its very dark and rigid....like a prison maybe.

Do your thing OP....it looks like some guys were enjoying your adjustments.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-16-2015, 04:07 PM   #52
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Also what am I supposed to rename the roster set? Am I supposed to leave people confused as to what the ratings are based on? You made the spreadsheet. By calling it Hybrid I am directly giving you credit. Do you want money is that it? I don't get what the problem is at ALL. I just feel like I've been thrown completely under the bus here and frankly I'm tired of it. I don't feel like I did much wrong at all other than the naming of the roster. And to me that is far from the massive deal people are making it out to be here. I didn't copy your work on a dime I created guys like Lucas Sims and Mallex Smith for the Braves. I edited 30-40 pitchers from scratch. Yes I'm capable of using my own brain. I just wanted to get the best rosters out to the community that I could. It's a shame to me the reaction that I'm seeing. Really makes you wonder why you put in the work to begin with.
"Redsfans' OSFM Hybrid Set" or literally anything else.

Ask yourself this - next year if someone came along and started a roster called OSFM (even if they did put in the work and it wouldn't just a straight hack job) do you think that Knight, Ridin and all of the guys involved in creating OSFM for years now would be upset?

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 04-16-2015, 04:10 PM   #53
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

OVR: 0

OK I was like Threebs before posting. And I agree with him. If you don't read the bolded part one would think that this is the official OSFM Hybrid roster that Willard and his team do every year. Because I am guessing with the official Hybrid are using the same spreadsheet you used for their roster. And naming it OSFM Hybrid is also something that Willard also always uses. Another indication that a nonforum member would think that it's the work of Willard and his team. So I can see where WTNY and Willard are coming from it seems like, to me, that you ripped off their roster.
Old 04-16-2015, 04:13 PM   #54
Rookie

Threeebs's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruffy
Name your roster whatever you like.

I'm with rjackson on this one....this place used to be fun and communal now its very dark and rigid....like a prison maybe.

Do your thing OP....it looks like some guys were enjoying your adjustments.
LMAO coming from the guy whining about not having an ETA in the OSFM V2 or not having a list of corrections in front of him, disregarding the fact that the corrections thread, he seemingly failed to read through, is in fact the list of corrections he desperately seeks. The problem isn't the forum, it's the God damn human race!
Old 04-16-2015, 04:17 PM   #55
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:

Here's where I see this discussion going from here...nowhere. I think some important issues have been raised, but ultimately it's become 'agree to disagree.'

This is my last post in this thread. None of us need added "drama" over a video game.

Secondly, keep the name, change the name...whatever. Your roster, your choice. If people like it or not, the vault will tell you that. Good luck in advance answering all of the future questions about "how does this roster compare to...." I don't envy you.

Third, you've got a roster that some guys might actually really like to use, so I'd urge folks to start posting about this roster itself..and not how it came to be. It seems we've talked that out.

Finally, no hard feelings.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-16-2015, 04:17 PM   #56
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:

No I mean upload them online like a link on this thread, I don't have internet at home so can't get into the vault.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »