Home

Problem with Real Contract Roster Files

This is a discussion on Problem with Real Contract Roster Files within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-20-2015, 10:36 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Problem with Real Contract Roster Files

Does any else run into a problem with budgets when using real life contracts roster files?

Every offseason there are great free agents and they don't receive a single bid because no team has enough money to make the offers. My last season started with Jose Reyes, Carlos Gomez, Jose Bautista, Madison Bumgardner, and a whole bunch of mid 80's-to mid 70's rated guys.

I think having real contracts add an amazing level of reality to the game. A Rod should be an albatross of a contract and not the wildly inaccurate amount SECA put into the game. But if the franchise mode can't function properly with this then I guess it's impossible to use Real contracts.

Also, I have tried turning the budgets off, and while this has fixed the problem of teams not signing any players the CPU trades (even though I turned CPU trades off) are irritating. Kershaw got traded straight up for Verlander.

Other than using 30-team control has anyone found a work around for having real life contracts?

Also, how come even with CPU trading off the offseason is always riddled with a massive amount of CPU trades for stars?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2015, 11:49 AM   #2
MVP

HypoLuxa13's Arena

Re: Problem with Real Contract Roster Files

I simmed one season using OSFM rosters, I did not see the budget issue you have reported. Maybe I need to go further? One thing I did see that was really, really weird - Colorado traded Troy Tulowitzki to the Mets for Zach Wheeler early in the first season, probably in late May. Then the Mets waived Tulowitzki and he was a free agent. Only to have the Mets re-sign him a few days later. Really weird, I chocked it up to budget issues as well.
Old 04-20-2015, 11:52 AM   #3
Rookie

Re: Problem with Real Contract Roster Files

To my knowledge OSFM does not use real contract values. They use what SECA had in the game. The budget issue only comes up when you use a roster file that has adjusted everyone's contracts to what they really are, not the fictitious ones SECA uses for some reason.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »