Home

2015 OSFM REVISION ROSTER v1 - Released

This is a discussion on 2015 OSFM REVISION ROSTER v1 - Released within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-30-2015, 11:43 PM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: 2015 OSFM REVISION ROSTER v1 - Released

Thanks, great work.....
Old 05-30-2015, 11:49 PM   #58
Rookie

VirtualAthlete's Arena

Thanx Ripner!
Old 05-30-2015, 11:54 PM   #59
Rookie

OVR: 1

I have a few questions concerning ratings. While I was editing, I was surprised by 4 things.

1. The extremely high power ratings some prospects have (i.e. players like O'Brien, Gallo who have power ratings in the high 80s and 90s). Granted, players like O'Brien, etc. can rake, and their contact ratings are accurate for the most part, but it seems that 80 or so power would be a reasonable maximum threshold for a player that is still going to develop in the minors.

2. Cargo's stats.

3. Michael Mckhenry's stats.

4. Marlon Byrd

I realize in a projection-based format, overall ratings aren't important, but for Cargo to be a 98 overall with plus fielding, 70+ contact from both sides of the plate, 80+ power from both sides of the plate, etc. makes me feel like we are playing MLB the Show 11 or 12. Especially considering Cargo hit .238 last year with 11 homers in 70 games and is hitting .212 this season with just 4 dingers.

Mckhenry did have an awesome 2014, but for his career he is a .230 or .240 hitter with limited power.

Bryd's aren't a huge gripe for me, as he has raked ever since turning 35. But I could make an argument he is rated a little high, especially in the contact department. Luckily, in Byrd's case, he is going to regress quickly, so it might be better he is rated a little higher.

Don't get me wrong, I know projections are just that, and I'm not criticizing this amazing roster. I just wanted to see if I could pick the brains of those who went about creating the roster.
Old 05-31-2015, 12:10 AM   #60
Rookie

OhioCub's Arena

The roster looks awesome, just wanna say thank you to Willard and all those who contributed to it.

As with any roster of course there's always things that go overlooked so I thought I'd give a heads up on a few issues I found in the Cubs organization.

First, C.J. Edwards is now going by Carl Edwards, Jr., it's a simple edit anyone can do themselves but just so you guys know in case you want to change it. Also, he's apparently being used strictly in relief now as he's been in the pen all season in Tennessee and just got promoted to Iowa with the intentions of using him in the same role (possible CP candidate?).

Second, I see Addison Russell's primary position is 2B but I think the feeling is that ultimately he will wind up back at short in the near future one way or another so maybe keep his primary position as SS?

Finally, Jae-Hoon Ha, who you have as a Class-A CF has been converted to a RP pitcher and is currently getting a feel for it in extended spring training.

That's pretty much all I see in the Cubs organization that needs fixing.

Again, great job with the rosters.
Old 05-31-2015, 12:20 AM   #61
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioCub
The roster looks awesome, just wanna say thank you to Willard and all those who contributed to it.

As with any roster of course there's always things that go overlooked so I thought I'd give a heads up on a few issues I found in the Cubs organization.

First, C.J. Edwards is now going by Carl Edwards, Jr., it's a simple edit anyone can do themselves but just so you guys know in case you want to change it. Also, he's apparently being used strictly in relief now as he's been in the pen all season in Tennessee and just got promoted to Iowa with the intentions of using him in the same role (possible CP candidate?).

Second, I see Addison Russell's primary position is 2B but I think the feeling is that ultimately he will wind up back at short in the near future one way or another so maybe keep his primary position as SS?

Finally, Jae-Hoon Ha, who you have as a Class-A CF has been converted to a RP pitcher and is currently getting a feel for it in extended spring training.

That's pretty much all I see in the Cubs organization that needs fixing.

Again, great job with the rosters.
I agree with that part about Addison Russell.

The Cubs FO loves him and I really expect Castro to be traded soon.

Dream scenario....

Vogelbach for Zobrist

Castro for Hamels

Russell to SS, Zobrist to 2B

Then Zobrist to LF once Baez reclaims 2B

Schwarber comes up in August and plays some LF to get ready for that spot in 2016
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2015, 12:21 AM   #62
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMP7
I have a few questions concerning ratings. While I was editing, I was surprised by 4 things.

1. The extremely high power ratings some prospects have (i.e. players like O'Brien, Gallo who have power ratings in the high 80s and 90s). Granted, players like O'Brien, etc. can rake, and their contact ratings are accurate for the most part, but it seems that 80 or so power would be a reasonable maximum threshold for a player that is still going to develop in the minors.

2. Cargo's stats.

3. Michael Mckhenry's stats.

4. Marlon Byrd

I realize in a projection-based format, overall ratings aren't important, but for Cargo to be a 98 overall with plus fielding, 70+ contact from both sides of the plate, 80+ power from both sides of the plate, etc. makes me feel like we are playing MLB the Show 11 or 12. Especially considering Cargo hit .238 last year with 11 homers in 70 games and is hitting .212 this season with just 4 dingers.

Mckhenry did have an awesome 2014, but for his career he is a .230 or .240 hitter with limited power.

Bryd's aren't a huge gripe for me, as he has raked ever since turning 35. But I could make an argument he is rated a little high, especially in the contact department. Luckily, in Byrd's case, he is going to regress quickly, so it might be better he is rated a little higher.

Don't get me wrong, I know projections are just that, and I'm not criticizing this amazing roster. I just wanted to see if I could pick the brains of those who went about creating the roster.
Ugh.

I hate when players who are clearly over the hill get a grace period when they have clearly declined.

CarGo is not a 98 anymore. Not even close.
Old 05-31-2015, 12:29 AM   #63
Rookie

OhioCub's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cts50
I agree with that part about Addison Russell.

The Cubs FO loves him and I really expect Castro to be traded soon.

Dream scenario....

Vogelbach for Zobrist

Castro for Hamels

Russell to SS, Zobrist to 2B

Then Zobrist to LF once Baez reclaims 2B

Schwarber comes up in August and plays some LF to get ready for that spot in 2016
Although I still have my doubts, the Cubs say with as much work as Schwarber has put into catching and with the progress he's made so far they're not going back on it. They say they're 100% committed to keeping him behind the dish. We'll see...
Old 05-31-2015, 12:39 AM   #64
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by cts50
Ugh.

I hate when players who are clearly over the hill get a grace period when they have clearly declined.

CarGo is not a 98 anymore. Not even close.

But, as I said, overalls aren't important in these rosters. For example, McCutchen is only an 86 in these rosters, yet I agree 100 percent with his ratings. He'll still play as one of the top players in the game. Tulo is a 99, but irl he does everything well and nothing spectacularly, so it makes sense his overall would be that high (although a plethora of players have higher ratings in each category than he does). My concern is Cargo's ratings in each category. Granted, that directly influences his overall. But there is still a distinction to be made.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »