Home

Backdated OSFM V2 to Opening Day!

This is a discussion on Backdated OSFM V2 to Opening Day! within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-03-2015, 01:21 AM   #1
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9
Backdated OSFM V2 to Opening Day!

I decided to go ahead an start setting this roster back to Opening Day, I had plans to do that once the pitch edits were put into it, but decided since they weren't out yet I was going ahead with this anyway.

Sorry to those that I originally told that I was waiting for the pitch edits before doing this, as that had been my plan. I might end up putting them in once this is done still, but Im also thinking of doing something a little different with pitch edits on my own as I play my franchise. Still debating on this end of it.

I actually already have all the MLB lineups and rotations set back to opening day with injured players in A ball. Now I just got to go thru and finish backdating the rest of the transactions. As for Josh Hamilton Im leaving him with the Rangers since he didn't ever play evena MILB game for the Angels, but I do want almost all transactions back to where they were at the start of the season, as I like to make those moves as I play my franchise.

Again sorry to those that had planned on me doing this to the V2 with pitch edits added, but wasn't sure how long it was going to be before 55 finished up, so since I was bored I decided to go this route as I don't really enjoy playing exhibition games for practice, I prefer to jump right into Spring training with the roster I will use.

Hoping to have this all completed by Friday at the latest, if things go as well as they did with setting the MLB teams 25 man lineups and rotations, it very well could be Thursday.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2015, 02:03 AM   #2
MVP

grgmths1433's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Backdated OSFM V2 to Opening Day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseIH
I decided to go ahead an start setting this roster back to Opening Day, I had plans to do that once the pitch edits were put into it, but decided since they weren't out yet I was going ahead with this anyway.

Sorry to those that I originally told that I was waiting for the pitch edits before doing this, as that had been my plan. I might end up putting them in once this is done still, but Im also thinking of doing something a little different with pitch edits on my own as I play my franchise. Still debating on this end of it.

I actually already have all the MLB lineups and rotations set back to opening day with injured players in A ball. Now I just got to go thru and finish backdating the rest of the transactions. As for Josh Hamilton Im leaving him with the Rangers since he didn't ever play evena MILB game for the Angels, but I do want almost all transactions back to where they were at the start of the season, as I like to make those moves as I play my franchise.

Again sorry to those that had planned on me doing this to the V2 with pitch edits added, but wasn't sure how long it was going to be before 55 finished up, so since I was bored I decided to go this route as I don't really enjoy playing exhibition games for practice, I prefer to jump right into Spring training with the roster I will use.

Hoping to have this all completed by Friday at the latest, if things go as well as they did with setting the MLB teams 25 man lineups and rotations, it very well could be Thursday.
Pitch edits takes time to input them. Someone could help on that part. Like yourself pitch edits is a must. I will most certainly download your backdated rosters.

MLB- Milwaukee Brewers
NFL- Green Bay Packers
NBA- Milwaukee Bucks
Old 06-03-2015, 05:06 PM   #3
Rookie

merg311's Arena

OVR: 6

I'm definitely interested in this as well. Backdating is quite a task. Thank you immensely.
Old 06-03-2015, 11:06 PM   #4
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by merg311
I'm definitely interested in this as well. Backdating is quite a task. Thank you immensely.

Yes it is Id say Im over halfway there, so I think sometime Friday it should be done. Im going to put out a 1st version, where all MLB teams lineups and rotations will be correct, but MILB wont be spot on. Im not real sure how to get MILB as correct to opening day as possible without going thru every teams box scores thru the 1st time thru the rotation, and Im not real sure I feel like doing that either, so what I put out might be as good as it gets. Still debating on what to do with pitch edits, as I have thought about doing my own version of pitch edits, instead of following WTNY's pitch edits sheet to a T, like I thought originally.

Favorite teams:
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Old 06-04-2015, 04:27 AM   #5
Rookie

jermars666's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseIH
Yes it is Id say Im over halfway there, so I think sometime Friday it should be done. Im going to put out a 1st version, where all MLB teams lineups and rotations will be correct, but MILB wont be spot on. Im not real sure how to get MILB as correct to opening day as possible without going thru every teams box scores thru the 1st time thru the rotation, and Im not real sure I feel like doing that either, so what I put out might be as good as it gets. Still debating on what to do with pitch edits, as I have thought about doing my own version of pitch edits, instead of following WTNY's pitch edits sheet to a T, like I thought originally.
Here are the Pirates MiLB opening day rosters.

AAA Indianapolis Indians
http://www.bucsdugout.com/2015/4/7/8...ster-announced

AA Altoona Curve
http://www.bucsdugout.com/2015/4/6/8...es-2015-roster

Hope this helps a bit.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2015, 11:14 PM   #6
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

I have all MLB set to opening day 25 man rosters. MILB isn't accurate as far as being backdated all the way to opening day, as that is quite difficult I have found, trying to move guys around all over with as many moves as there has been.

I did just upload what I have done under CaseIH72, and it has all MLB teams 25 man set back to opening day along with rotations and lineups. I know some don't really care if MILB are accurate, so I wnet ahead and uploaded so any who want to get started can in there franchise.

There shouldn't be any players out of place anywhere, but the MILB will have players not on the same team as they were to start the season, nor will MILB lineups or rotations being accurate.

I will probably work on it, but I wont guarantee I will ever get it perfect, as its a real pain in the rear to do. So figured this was better than nothing for anyone who just care for MLB to be right. I knew it was going to take longer than I originally planned if I was to get MILB right, so went ahead an uploaded what I had done.

I also added in this weeks players that SCEA added to the roster.

Favorite teams:
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts

Last edited by CaseIH; 06-05-2015 at 12:42 PM.
Old 06-05-2015, 07:22 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 6

Woot! Def looking forward to checking this out!
Old 06-05-2015, 05:07 PM   #8
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

I decided today that that roster wasn't quite to my liking as far as getting the minors back closer to opening day, so I have been working on it again today, and Im real close to releasing it, as I think it would be better than the 1 I put up last night. Id say the 1 I upload later today will be as good as IM going to be able to get it as far as backdated.

As of right now on pitch edits, Im just going to go thru and change some of them as far as changeup/FB velocity goes, and moving some of them around but keeping movement and control to that of SCEA that way future draft picks wont be so far off to where they need drastic changes to movement and control.It definitely wont be as good as what 55 is doing, with WTNY spreadsheet. Just don't feel goo enough anymore to really want to spend that much time editing.I might end up doing it, but I want to mess around while I play Spring Training games to see if I want to take that all on with adding all that in.

Favorite teams:
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »