Home

MLB 2015 Draft Roster

This is a discussion on MLB 2015 Draft Roster within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-12-2015, 10:26 AM   #1
MVP

redsoxfan31's Arena

OVR: 0
MLB 2015 Draft Roster

Hey guys I figured I would post this here in the hopes that some people would be willing or want to help. I have downloaded many of the first round draftees out of the vault (thanks to boomersooner's amazing work) and taken some from various other rosters. I am attempting to make a completely accurate roster foundation draft roster. What I mean by this is that I have exported a pitcher and position player from my franchise, both of which were drafted in the 1st round of the 2015 MLB draft. I am then taking pictures of every aspect of the draft prospects and then recreating them over the two generic 1st round draftees. This leads to the draftees appearing in the Roster Foundation screen as 2015 - First Year Player Draft 1st round. It is a long process but it just adds another level of realism to a pretty awesome game. I have done this process for every pick up through and including Carson Fulmer and wanted to post this here to see if any of the great face creators for the various rosters wanted to tackle any of the other guys taken in the first round.

EDIT: I forgot to include that I have uploaded the 1st round pitcher and 1st round position player to the vault under my PSN lxl_Porta_lxl if anybody wants to download them and then try their hand at some draftees after pick #8
NBA: BOSTON CELTICS
NFL: NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS
NHL: BOSTON BRUINS

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth" - Mike Tyson

Last edited by redsoxfan31; 06-12-2015 at 10:50 AM. Reason: Forgot something
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2015, 07:56 PM   #2
Bacon's Fictional Roster

bacon96's Arena

Re: MLB 2015 Draft Roster

I made a Trenton Clark and already did the '2015 First Round Pick' trick that you mentioned. He's in the vault under my psn cwebs96.
Old 06-12-2015, 08:23 PM   #3
MVP

redsoxfan31's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bacon96
I made a Trenton Clark and already did the '2015 First Round Pick' trick that you mentioned. He's in the vault under my psn cwebs96.
great, thanks! I'll grab him out of there and add him to the WIP roster

Old 06-16-2015, 10:44 AM   #4
Rookie

On this topic -

I know that you aren't able to upload new players into a franchise, unfortunately. So I think what I'll do is let the draft happen and then edit the fake players (as many as I can stand to do, lol). Does anyone know if there is someone who has done this already? I'd like to follow someone else's template if possible. I know some guys do ratings spreadsheets and whatnot - I like to have realistic rosters and I follow prospects, but admittedly, I'm not up on draft classes...

Thanks!
Old 06-16-2015, 12:16 PM   #5
Pro

Mattchu12's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpreston4
On this topic -

I know that you aren't able to upload new players into a franchise, unfortunately. So I think what I'll do is let the draft happen and then edit the fake players (as many as I can stand to do, lol). Does anyone know if there is someone who has done this already? I'd like to follow someone else's template if possible. I know some guys do ratings spreadsheets and whatnot - I like to have realistic rosters and I follow prospects, but admittedly, I'm not up on draft classes...

Thanks!
I'm pretty sure the latest OSFM Weekly has all of the #1 picks, and the faces and stats are excellent. What I plan to do is record myself going through everything that they have done in "edit a player" and then import that over the top picks in my franchise. I plan to try and do it with as many top picks as we get draft picks, I don't remember exactly how many we get to do, provided there are enough good faces out there.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2015, 06:03 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattchu12
I'm pretty sure the latest OSFM Weekly has all of the #1 picks, and the faces and stats are excellent. What I plan to do is record myself going through everything that they have done in "edit a player" and then import that over the top picks in my franchise. I plan to try and do it with as many top picks as we get draft picks, I don't remember exactly how many we get to do, provided there are enough good faces out there.
Cool thanks for the response.

I'm a relative newbie to the game, and I'm in the middle of my first franchise. I'm in late May now. Does the draft happen in early June like the real MLB? Or is it at the end of the season?
Old 06-16-2015, 07:28 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpreston4
Cool thanks for the response.

I'm a relative newbie to the game, and I'm in the middle of my first franchise. I'm in late May now. Does the draft happen in early June like the real MLB? Or is it at the end of the season?
I think it's around the same time. I remember in 14 it was like the first Thursday in June in the game. Don't know about this year as I haven't picked up the game.
Old 06-16-2015, 11:26 PM   #8
MVP

redsoxfan31's Arena

UPDATE: I have finished the everything for picks 1-8 and then for picks 9-36 I have finished everything but the faces, they have all the correct equipment, attributes, and player info. I plan on doing the last compensatory round which has 6 picks in it tomorrow after I get home from work and then I am going to tackle the faces and try and get all the first round guys done by this Friday at the latest, I am going to push myself to get there. If anybody wants to team up with me and crank out some faces that'd be awesome. I have also been doing transaction updates and transferring SCEA rookies into the roster so they turn into the actual players next year if you do a Y2Y

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »