Home

ALL UPDATES ROSTER BY BIGSHAWN1738

This is a discussion on ALL UPDATES ROSTER BY BIGSHAWN1738 within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-18-2015, 01:55 PM   #17
MVP

MatrixTN's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: ALL UPDATES ROSTER BY BIGSHAWN1738

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yanksfan1977
Hello,
I'm new to the forums here, but had a straightforward question. The last baseball game I got was The Show '10 for the PS3. My question is that if I were to get a copy of The Show '15 for the PS4 right now, would I be able to download up-to-date rosters either from the official site or by users like yourself? In the past, if you bought a game like this only a few months after the baseball season ended, all online features were disabled. I know The Show '16 comes out in the Spring, but I'd rather pay at most $20 for a pre-owned game now than wait and spend $60 on a new version with not many new features. I'm really only concerned with updating rosters.
You're fine for now, 14's were decommed last month.
Old 12-18-2015, 04:40 PM   #18
Rookie

Yanksfan1977's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatrixTN
You're fine for now, 14's were decommed last month.
Good news. Thanks!
Old 12-18-2015, 10:24 PM   #19
Just started!

Quick question, if i'm starting a new franchise with this roster, is there any way to have the other teams sign the current free agents (such as Cespedes) other than doing it manually?
Old 12-19-2015, 12:41 AM   #20
Bacon's Fictional Roster

bacon96's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by t29060
Quick question, if i'm starting a new franchise with this roster, is there any way to have the other teams sign the current free agents (such as Cespedes) other than doing it manually?
If you start a franchise, somebody will sign them. Only the top guys will sign and they won't on the first day but they might likely before the end of the season.
Old 12-22-2015, 12:04 AM   #21
Banned

what was your base roster for this file, Shawn ?
Willard's final version for 2015 ?

thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-03-2016, 02:26 PM   #22
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2019
what was your base roster for this file, Shawn ?
Willard's final version for 2015 ?

thanks
I have a completely new roster coming out VERY SOON

It's going to represent the 2016 MLB baseball season on MLB 15 The Show better than it's ever been represented before! I analyzed dozens of rosters looking for which one had the most logical group of SCEA players still intact, and of course have scoured the roster vault for hundreds of additions.

Players are ranked on a defined CONSISTENT UNBIASED scale and perform more like their real life counterparts than ever before. Superstars are more distinct, there were previously way too many mediocre players who would frequently have generous stats and make it harder to pick out the special talents.

Contracts have been edited (all new deals added, old contracts have been reduced to their correct length and remaining value).

These rosters were produced using DATA. Hundreds of pitchers have their repertoires matched to FANGRAPHS data.

Hitters are ranked with the CORRECT SPLITS playing a major factor in their abilities. I looked at BOTH career splits and splits from the most recent years when evaluating these ratings. It's CRITICAL to have accurate splits or nothing is going to pan out realistically.

Thousands of incorrect positional, number, age data corrected.

Get ready for real baseball...
Old 01-03-2016, 02:46 PM   #23
Banned

By the way, there isn't a roster set out there with player split ratings that even come close to what they should be. There are very few players who are fairly represented in terms of contact/power ratios against RHP/LHP. VERY FEW.
Furthermore, it hardly matters if a few are correct when there it's clear there is scale being mindfully considered, even when assumptions aren't made and it appears some data was considered, players do not perform as they should RELATIVE TO EACHOTHER.

Also some "filler" stats are clearly manipulated to give players a desirable overall number. Like some pitchers for instance randomly will have 99 fielding..and a few of these pitchers are not proficient on defense by ANY MEANS.

There are some other cases of this as well with other stats. I've completely removed that issue, you're not going to a pitcher like Matt Garza barehanding a bunt down the third baseline and throwing a strike to get Billy Hamilton. In my roster players won't have bizarre discrepancies just to appear at a certain predetermined attribute number.don't worry

I've re-designed the entire system. I believe all of my ratings will be agreeable by the community. The baseball knowledge that has been implemented into this roster is unprecedented and I believe you will be able to see a extraordinarily close outcome of the standings as u will next year in real life even with the schedule being a bit different. Someone will have to sim a season and see how stats and standings actually pan out. Will be a great predictor
Old 01-03-2016, 02:54 PM   #24
Banned

EVERYONE WORKING HARD MAKING CAPS ON THIS WEBSITE!

If it was not so difficult to keep track of who's work is being borrowed I would give you credit but there are so many different contributors, so if you've done great work in the vault there is a great chance this is your roster as well.

High quality CAPs have been taken from many non-forum The Show players as well.

Every replaced CAP was carefully evaluated against the current CAP on file before being used as a replacement and had to show obvious improvement especially if replacing a SCEA file.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »