Home

Classic rosters/retired numbers

This is a discussion on Classic rosters/retired numbers within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-12-2016, 06:30 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0
Classic rosters/retired numbers

I noticed something interesting last night while I was playing a season with the 1975 rosters that I continued from mlb 15. The Red Sox base coach was number 4 which is a retired Red Sox number. I know for a fact you could not use #4 with Red Sox in mlb 15 as I tried to use it for Butch Hobson in the 78 roster. The fact that it is on a Red Sox coach makes me wonder if there is any work around to get retired numbers in the game? Trust me this is my biggest issue with the mlb series and I've tried everything ringer retired numbers to stick in classic rosters. But seeing this gave me renewed hope that possibly there is a way???
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-12-2016, 04:43 PM   #2
Expletive Deleted

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

Re: Classic rosters/retired numbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebpmd
I noticed something interesting last night while I was playing a season with the 1975 rosters that I continued from mlb 15. The Red Sox base coach was number 4 which is a retired Red Sox number. I know for a fact you could not use #4 with Red Sox in mlb 15 as I tried to use it for Butch Hobson in the 78 roster. The fact that it is on a Red Sox coach makes me wonder if there is any work around to get retired numbers in the game? Trust me this is my biggest issue with the mlb series and I've tried everything ringer retired numbers to stick in classic rosters. But seeing this gave me renewed hope that possibly there is a way???
Your positive it wasn't 44? Not being able to use retired #'s on anyone other than who it's retired for is minor irritant for me but I've learned to cope. I hope one day MLB relaxes their policy on this.
#44Syracuse
Old 04-12-2016, 04:55 PM   #3
MVP

I'm pretty certain it was #4 because I took a double take because I know that is a retired Red Sox number. I normally don't pay any attention to the base coaches but during this cut scene he turned his back and it was #4. Why we cannot have the ability to turn off retired numbers is beyond me??? I cope also but it still irritates me seeing a classic player with the wrong jersey number.
Old 04-12-2016, 05:08 PM   #4
Expletive Deleted

Quote:
I'm pretty certain it was #4 because I took a double take because I know that is a retired Red Sox number. I normally don't pay any attention to the base coaches but during this cut scene he turned his back and it was #4. Why we cannot have the ability to turn off retired numbers is beyond me??? I cope also but it still irritates me seeing a classic player with the wrong jersey number.
I just wondered if it was Chili Davis (#44).
I would love it if a sort of glitch appeared where we could use them & SCEA just happened to not "notice". WinkWink.
#44Syracuse
Old 04-12-2016, 05:20 PM   #5
MVP

Are the base coaches even actual coaches or just generic? I've never paid attention to that. But you'd think if they can have a retired number there might be a way to get them on players???
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-12-2016, 05:24 PM   #6
Expletive Deleted

Quote:
Are the base coaches even actual coaches or just generic? I've never paid attention to that. But you'd think if they can have a retired number there might be a way to get them on players???
Oh some are definitely real but then some are like the one or two managers every year, fake.
I don't even know if Chili is in the game but I'm gonna check.
#44Syracuse
Old 04-12-2016, 05:28 PM   #7
MVP

Just remember this was the 1975 roster from last year which I began a season with on 15 and continued on 16.
Old 04-13-2016, 07:01 AM   #8
MVP

I was just thinking of a solution for the retired number issue. It's a MLB issue not a Sony issue. I'll use Roger Maris as an example...
If MLB would allow say the 5-10 top players on Yanks who wore #9 before it was retired to wear that number. Obviously it can be coded where only those players can wear #9. This way the retired number can be respected as it seems MLB wants. It will prevent current players from wearing the number. Yet it will also respect the integrity of the game allowing Graig Nettles to also wear the #9 he wore as a Yankee. Seems like a win-win for MLB and classic roster makers.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »