Home

OS94 (MLB 16) Topic

This is a discussion on OS94 (MLB 16) Topic within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 07-15-2016, 11:15 AM   #81
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: OS94 (MLB 16) Topic. WIP Version Is OUT!!!

WIP version is out!!

2400 out of 2840 players are done.

Try it out! Look for OS94 WIP in the Vault.

Now, I'm putting in the 440 players left to be put in.

Surprised with the quality of players I can find this late in the mod's built: Atlanta added Bruce Chen and John Rocker just now. Not HOFers of course, but they're names for sure.

Expos will get Cliff Lee, because of course they do. They were awesome at drafting, weren't they?

Last edited by Phil Parent; 07-15-2016 at 04:25 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2016, 05:23 PM   #82
Rookie

RocketsFan1993's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: OS94 (MLB 16) Topic

I downloaded the release. I did a quick skim through. Just a couple of things.
1. You added Scott Strickland to the Expos twice.
2. I'm guessing you haven't accurately did service times yet. I think Biggio and Bagwell have the same amount of service time.
3. You have done updated stats to the created players, but a few of them are far off. Cal Ripken Jr only has 40 something home runs.
I will look at it more in depth later. Good luck with the rest of it.
Old 07-15-2016, 05:32 PM   #83
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketsFan1993
I downloaded the release. I did a quick skim through. Just a couple of things.
1. You added Scott Strickland to the Expos twice.
2. I'm guessing you haven't accurately did service times yet. I think Biggio and Bagwell have the same amount of service time.
3. You have done updated stats to the created players, but a few of them are far off. Cal Ripken Jr only has 40 something home runs.
I will look at it more in depth later. Good luck with the rest of it.
1: Already fixed. I had skipped Tim Layana.
2: Will check that. Nobody will have their exact YOS but they should put them in the right position when it comes to free agency. If his contract ended in 1994, Biggio would be FA, not Bagwell. Gotta fix it.
3: Career Stats? Haven't touched those. Not a priority for now. Later, I'll fix them just to make sure the HOF works right.

Last edited by Phil Parent; 07-15-2016 at 05:50 PM.
Old 07-15-2016, 06:51 PM   #84
-Mets-Jets-Knicks-

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

Re: OS94 (MLB 16) Topic. WIP Version Is OUT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Parent
WIP version is out!!

2400 out of 2840 players are done.

Try it out! Look for OS94 WIP in the Vault.

Now, I'm putting in the 440 players left to be put in.

Surprised with the quality of players I can find this late in the mod's built: Atlanta added Bruce Chen and John Rocker just now. Not HOFers of course, but they're names for sure.

Expos will get Cliff Lee, because of course they do. They were awesome at drafting, weren't they?
And the crowd goes wild!
Phil! Phil! Phil! Phil! Phil!
#44Syracuse

No animals were harmed in the crafting of this signature.
Old 07-15-2016, 07:52 PM   #85
Rookie

RocketsFan1993's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Parent
1: Already fixed. I had skipped Tim Layana.
2: Will check that. Nobody will have their exact YOS but they should put them in the right position when it comes to free agency. If his contract ended in 1994, Biggio would be FA, not Bagwell. Gotta fix it.
3: Career Stats? Haven't touched those. Not a priority for now. Later, I'll fix them just to make sure the HOF works right.
No rush whatsoever with the career stats. I'm not well versed in roster making, but that sounds like the hardest thing to do. Once again, if I find anything else that's a problem I'll post here.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2016, 08:32 PM   #86
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketsFan1993
No rush whatsoever with the career stats. I'm not well versed in roster making, but that sounds like the hardest thing to do. Once again, if I find anything else that's a problem I'll post here.
Thanks!

You can't really DO career stats. What you do is sim a franchise game for a couple seasons, then you find a player that has around the right stats (and YOS!) as the player you want. You export him, and then you import it in your file, change it into the player you want to create and that's that.

Wish I could just import it or that the game could scrape stats off of Baseball Reference or something, but it's truly an hassle.

One thing I'd like people to spot is long beards where they have no business being, I know they're in there. They changed one of the beard options and that makes some guys in my mod having long beards.
Old 07-16-2016, 12:17 PM   #87
Rookie

Just simulated 3 seasons of OS94 in Franchise. Just a couple thoughts.

- The AI seems smarter when it comes to making their 40-man rosters, more aware they have to protect their prospects. Lots less top prospects in the Rule 5 draft, best were Garrett Anderson and Paul Quantrill. Arizona picked up Anderson with the first pick in the draft. It used to be that you could make yourself a dynasty with just Rule 5 guys.

- Players stay in the game world more before retiring. Lots less players leaving because of Poor Free Agent Market or Abilities. That's good. Doesn't affect my generics, they all kick the bucket quick enough due to being 45 and awful.

- Prospects do not skyrocket in OV as fast as they used to, which is GREAT for my mod and its extended prospect pools. Prospects who would be out of place in 95-96 might not actually be ready to play in MLB by then.

- Old players now drop in OV no matter their potential rating. Saves me the trouble of assigning Fs to a bunch of people.

- Arizona & Tampa hovered around 30 wins in each of their three seasons. Heh. They're not final rosters anyway, aside from the players who actually would play in Arizona & Tampa, I'll do a draft with their other players and some of the free agents to have the best rosters possible.

- Teams were in no hurry to sign the likes of Nomo, Ichiro etc during the season, they waited until free agency and then they signed them. That means that the human player should have a rule not to sign them during the year either, otherwise it's a bit unfair.

- Players I didn't re-sign in Year 1 that went unsigned through the year showed up in my Contract Management screen at the end of Year 2. Huh? I DON'T WANT YOU FREDDIE BENAVIDES, GO AWAY!

Last edited by Phil Parent; 07-16-2016 at 12:21 PM.
Old 07-16-2016, 06:52 PM   #88
MVP

OVR: 3

In awe of this Phil. Amazing!
I am building a website that will host classic sport gaming rosters from years past. We have lost many great rosters for good over the past several years due to expired links. If your interested in contributing, please PM me and let the work live on forever!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »