Home

V1.5 Milleniums 40 + Contracts and Birthplaces...

This is a discussion on V1.5 Milleniums 40 + Contracts and Birthplaces... within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-21-2016, 09:31 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
V1.5 Milleniums 40 + Contracts and Birthplaces...

I'm working on a roster with correct contracts, and while I'm at it I'm correcting birthplaces as well. I replaced CAPS with SCEA players where available unless the CAP has the top 50 Designation then I left it alone (which is only 1 that I've seen so far). I'm not changing ratings on SCEA players although I did adjust a few prospects slightly. This is based off 1.5 with Milleniums 40 man. I started a couple test franchises, and with the base set and contracts left alone all teams had $10 million in cap space and after editing some teams I checked again and the budgets seem to have adjusted and they still have $10 million. Im taking liberties as far as player and team options are concerned, if it seems likely to be picked up I'm including it in with the contract, if not then I'm leaving it out. I am also thinking about removing injuries (MLB players in A) as I always manually enter them at the start of my franchise anyway. I'm doing this for myself but I figured If anyone is interested I can give it to one of the roster makers to upload or upload it myself. I have about 10 teams done as of last night and I have an early day today and tomorrow so I'm hoping I can get it done soon.

Edit: I'm not looking for any credit here or anything like that I will upload it for one of the true roster makers and they can re-upload it if they want. This is for me mainly but I figured I would share if anyone wants it.

Last edited by Dzznutz; 04-21-2016 at 09:37 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2016, 12:24 PM   #2
Rookie

adamjsav's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: V1.5 Milleniums 40 + Contracts and Birthplaces...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dzznutz
I'm working on a roster with correct contracts, and while I'm at it I'm correcting birthplaces as well. I replaced CAPS with SCEA players where available unless the CAP has the top 50 Designation then I left it alone (which is only 1 that I've seen so far). I'm not changing ratings on SCEA players although I did adjust a few prospects slightly. This is based off 1.5 with Milleniums 40 man. I started a couple test franchises, and with the base set and contracts left alone all teams had $10 million in cap space and after editing some teams I checked again and the budgets seem to have adjusted and they still have $10 million. Im taking liberties as far as player and team options are concerned, if it seems likely to be picked up I'm including it in with the contract, if not then I'm leaving it out. I am also thinking about removing injuries (MLB players in A) as I always manually enter them at the start of my franchise anyway. I'm doing this for myself but I figured If anyone is interested I can give it to one of the roster makers to upload or upload it myself. I have about 10 teams done as of last night and I have an early day today and tomorrow so I'm hoping I can get it done soon.

Edit: I'm not looking for any credit here or anything like that I will upload it for one of the true roster makers and they can re-upload it if they want. This is for me mainly but I figured I would share if anyone wants it.
Editing the contracts makes franchise nearly impossible to play after year one. But certainly if you plan to play into the future. Dont plan on having a long franchise with edited contracts.
Old 04-21-2016, 02:16 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamjsav
Editing the contracts makes franchise nearly impossible to play after year one. But certainly if you plan to play into the future. Dont plan on having a long franchise with edited contracts.
Ya upon further review maybe this isn't such a good idea.
Old 04-21-2016, 03:55 PM   #4
Rookie

Could you upload them to the vault? I'm curious to see the issues that arise later down in franchise mode.

Thank you.
Old 04-21-2016, 05:05 PM   #5
Expletive Deleted

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dzznutz
Ya upon further review maybe this isn't such a good idea.
There is still merit in the idea, if you don't mind some extra legwork.
The most important part IMO is length of contract.
Second find a money converter on any number of websites to convert 2016 dollars to a more palatable year. For instance, on Baseball Reference, Giancarlo Stanton's 2016 salary of $9 millions converts to, say 1990 dollars, roughly $4,980,000. His 2017 salary of $14.5 million converts to roughly $8,020,000. the tricky part is finding out what year best to use to compare to to 2016.
#44Syracuse
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2016, 10:18 AM   #6
Rookie

adamjsav's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Of The Year
There is still merit in the idea, if you don't mind some extra legwork.
The most important part IMO is length of contract.
Second find a money converter on any number of websites to convert 2016 dollars to a more palatable year. For instance, on Baseball Reference, Giancarlo Stanton's 2016 salary of $9 millions converts to, say 1990 dollars, roughly $4,980,000. His 2017 salary of $14.5 million converts to roughly $8,020,000. the tricky part is finding out what year best to use to compare to to 2016.
Can you elaborate on what practical purpose this approach would have? Why go to all that effort to re-do contracts that aren't accurate anyway?
Old 04-22-2016, 05:37 PM   #7
Expletive Deleted

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamjsav
Can you elaborate on what practical purpose this approach would have? Why go to all that effort to re-do contracts that aren't accurate anyway?
Because then at least they will be to scale. As it is, you may have Player A making $2 million in the Show & $5 million IRL, while Player B makes $6 million in the Show & $500K IRL. That;s what gets me the most with default fake contracts, So long as everyone is scaled to each other by what they make IRL, maybe you won't see budget problems 4-5 years down the road.
But then, I'm no financial guru, I'm just spitballin' here lol
#44Syracuse
Old 04-23-2016, 03:39 AM   #8
Rookie

adamjsav's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Of The Year
Because then at least they will be to scale. As it is, you may have Player A making $2 million in the Show & $5 million IRL, while Player B makes $6 million in the Show & $500K IRL. That;s what gets me the most with default fake contracts, So long as everyone is scaled to each other by what they make IRL, maybe you won't see budget problems 4-5 years down the road.
But then, I'm no financial guru, I'm just spitballin' here lol
I kind of see what you're saying now haha. But (excuse me if im misinterpreting your position) you're assuming that default rosters are to scale. They are not. Take A-Rod as an example. I think default rosters have him valued at $8mm. You can't round him up, while rounding another player down.

I guess my point is that your method would be fine if the default contracts were already to scale as you suggest. There would be no sound way of adjusting contracts to represent their 'show value' based on real life.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »