Home

Creating Rosters I need some SERIOUS expert advice from the real Roster Makers here..

This is a discussion on Creating Rosters I need some SERIOUS expert advice from the real Roster Makers here.. within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-07-2016, 07:46 PM   #1
MVP

StormsWarning's Arena

OVR: 9
Creating Rosters I need some SERIOUS expert advice from the real Roster Makers here..

ok guys i need some major advice, im like really fed up with sony right now and there method that they deliberately cut out to stop the roster transfer from one system to another, and its not even worth my effort or time any more in even bothering to talk about that situation...

However this process above has also lit a fire under me where i want to create my own roster. i would like it to be classic older year sets. i'm not going to set a time for when they will be released, however i do need the tools or the know how to go about actually creating a set and the calculators used to input all the information required to do with this dog on game....

so basically what program what i need to do the following...

1. Create a full 25 to 90 man roster

2. Have full Stats for hitter and pitcher's with the game labels them as of now? Pitch types is very important.

3. I know there are player faces already in the vault from a ton of very talented people here, if i were to create a player could i download a player and overwrite the player i originally created?

4. with this new save situation with the devs only allowing us to save 5 slots at a time how much of a hinder is it to taking upon such of a project?

this is very important to me, more than ever.... If anyone is willing to really help explain what process is really needed to create rosters outside of alot of patience and time, please reply to this, because to just be honest im tired of waiting for people to create when if im pointed in the right direction i'll do it myself!

thank you in advance.

Storm
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2016, 08:48 PM   #2
Expletive Deleted

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Creating Rosters I need some SERIOUS expert advice from the real Roster Makers he

2. Have full Stats for hitter and pitcher's with the game labels them as of now? Pitch types is very important.

This is the most difficult & time consuming (real stats) pitch types is relatively easily done though.

3. I know there are player faces already in the vault from a ton of very talented people here, if i were to create a player could i download a player and overwrite the player i originally created?

You don't have to create a player first, you can overwrite over all players on the roster real & otherwise.

4. with this new save situation with the devs only allowing us to save 5 slots at a time how much of a hinder is it to taking upon such of a project?

If you have a thumbdrive, zero hinder.
#44Syracuse
Old 05-07-2016, 09:27 PM   #3
MVP

Re: Creating Rosters I need some SERIOUS expert advice from the real Roster Makers he

I would recommend JTommy67's Roster Build Utility & Out of the Park baseball.

Those two tools will provide you everything you need to produce 25-90 man historical rosters for any season through 2015 with the exception of a pitcher's Control & Break ratings and there is a simple calculator available to provide those two relative ratings based off OOTP Pitchers pitch ratings.

The players historical stats are not part of the above and is, as stated, the most difficult aspect of your quest.
Old 05-07-2016, 09:45 PM   #4
MVP

StormsWarning's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by doncropper
I would recommend JTommy67's Roster Build Utility & Out of the Park baseball.

Those two tools will provide you everything you need to produce 25-90 man historical rosters for any season through 2015 with the exception of a pitcher's Control & Break ratings and there is a simple calculator available to provide those two relative ratings based off OOTP Pitchers pitch ratings.

The players historical stats are not part of the above and is, as stated, the most difficult aspect of your quest.
Don i remember you from mvpmods bro, and i know you speak the real. i am very serious about this i am in the process of getting ootp 17, the rosters i am looking to do are mid 80's -late 90's, that's the era i grew up with and what i would like to put the most attention to first.

i think that's the most problem i had in the past was the pitch types and the ratings/attributes for them, if you don't mind once i get this installed would you mind if i shot you a couple pm's?

i have downloaded both, give me a couple days to process all of this and if its ok i'll shoot you a pm and get rolling on this... ty alot Don!
Old 05-11-2016, 03:18 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormsWarning
Don i remember you from mvpmods bro, and i know you speak the real. i am very serious about this i am in the process of getting ootp 17, the rosters i am looking to do are mid 80's -late 90's, that's the era i grew up with and what i would like to put the most attention to first.

i think that's the most problem i had in the past was the pitch types and the ratings/attributes for them, if you don't mind once i get this installed would you mind if i shot you a couple pm's?

i have downloaded both, give me a couple days to process all of this and if its ok i'll shoot you a pm and get rolling on this... ty alot Don!

Most may not be familiar with storm, but he has a good track record and if he says he is doing a project like this, it's something worth getting excited over

My advice would almost be to say: join a team. I hate to say that, but so many years have been doing or are in the progress of being done. However, many if not all of them are right for expanding on. Very few rosters are 90 players for example. That aside if you were going to pick one year and go solo at it, I'd say to go 2000's, or perhaps 1999.
I am building a website that will host classic sport gaming rosters from years past. We have lost many great rosters for good over the past several years due to expired links. If your interested in contributing, please PM me and let the work live on forever!

Last edited by Culture Rot; 05-12-2016 at 11:32 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2016, 10:33 AM   #6
Just started!

so it's not possible to take a roster form mlb14 or 15, and upload to the 16 version? what does it mean when I read that rosters are funnelled?
Old 05-31-2016, 05:02 PM   #7
Expletive Deleted

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrodsports
so it's not possible to take a roster form mlb14 or 15, and upload to the 16 version? what does it mean when I read that rosters are funnelled?
Ported?
That's where you take a roster from the vault, for example say Show 15.
Start a season/franchise with said roster on Show 15.
Then do a carrover saved season/franchise from 15 to 16.
You'll have to had CPU Roster Contrl ON before hand starting the season on Show 15.
Start exporting players from your season to the hard drive of the ps4.
Then import the players back onto a roster save for 16. Sounds more complicated than it really is. The biggest problem is it's time consuming & tedious. When you are done & if you upload your new roster for 16 onto the vault, then really you are doing this as much for the community, if not more, than you are doing it for yourself.
#44Syracuse

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »