Home

List of Classic Seasons & Historical Specialty Rosters MLB The Show

This is a discussion on List of Classic Seasons & Historical Specialty Rosters MLB The Show within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-29-2022, 08:57 AM   #3721
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: List of Classic Seasons & Historical Specialty Rosters MLB The Show

Quote:
Originally Posted by sluggbugg
I uploaded a complete 93 man fictional roster last night. Been working on it since release when Bacon determined not to do his again this year. I’ve done this before, you can go back to the very first fictional rosters on The Show on this site. I was a part of the first team and then lead the team the second year. I loved Bacon’s roster and don’t pretend it to be as good as his but I think you should be happy with it.

The concept was of a new league to rival MLB starting from scratch. The league consists of 18-24 yo to start. Major club and AAA consist of players between the age of 21-24. AA and A consist of players 18-20. This was the fictional rules I set up to start the league. All movement is “legal” after the start of the season of course. Salaries are comparably low to mlb to signify a startup league. I’m working on 30 fictional teams as well for my ‘chise (16 of the 30 done) but that’s obviously not necessary.

Anyways, hope you enjoy.

You can find the roster in the vault under sluggbugg. I’ll come up with a better name for it later.
Thanks for doing this. I've slowly been working on rebranding teams to do a fictional league. I'll definitely check out this roster.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2022, 07:06 PM   #3722
MVP

bostongahden's Arena

OVR: 4

Only 2 teams left and my 2010 all-decade set for MLBTS 20 is finished!

For classic sports highlights and livestream action, follow me on YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/@greenmonster37ft/videos
Follow me on Twitter:
https://twitter.com/BostonRob75
Old 10-04-2022, 07:55 PM   #3723
Rookie

Deckard75's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpklub
Thanks for doing this. I've slowly been working on rebranding teams to do a fictional league. I'll definitely check out this roster.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Operation Sports mobile app

What does that mean rebranding teams?

Additionally, is there a way to make say the Washington Nations uniforms look like the Montreal Expos uniforms? Is there a way to edit team uniforms so they represent the old classic teams?
Old 10-07-2022, 09:41 PM   #3724
MVP

bostongahden's Arena

OVR: 4

It's a done deal! The Perfect 10s set is in the vault for MLBTS 20. Each team has the franchise's best players from 2010-2019. Enjoy!

For classic sports highlights and livestream action, follow me on YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/@greenmonster37ft/videos
Follow me on Twitter:
https://twitter.com/BostonRob75
Old 10-08-2022, 07:04 AM   #3725
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bostongahden
It's a done deal! The Perfect 10s set is in the vault for MLBTS 20. Each team has the franchise's best players from 2010-2019. Enjoy!
Fabulous Roster which I truly enjoy playing with my favorite team the Astros ---- but honestly only am familiar with one or two players and sometimes no players on the other teams which shows how little I follow MLB these days. Thanks, BostonRob75 for another GREAT Contribution!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2022, 08:22 AM   #3726
Rookie

Gamzilla's Arena

OVR: 3

Hello everyone! I’ve been super busy with life & work lately (as a 45 year old, it leaves little time for gaming) but I’ve got the itch to get back into MLB the show ‘20 with all these great rosters.

Two quick questions:

1. If I use a single season roster, can that still be played as a franchise? I have never tried it, but I vaguely remember people talking about how you had to turn off injuries, etc but could still draft until you built 40 man, 90 man teams. Is this correct? Any advice on “how to” with seasonal rosters would be great! So many of them I would want to relive but I like the long term of franchise.

2. The 1987 set looks amazing, but I always struggle when looking at the fielding ratings. Some guys seem rated really low. For example, I want to plays as the ‘87 Cubs. Sandburg has horrible fielding at 2nd. As does Bob Danier in CF. Is there a reason for this? Do I need to edit it & it’s a PS4 problem?

Any info is helpful. Sorry if this has been answered previously. It’s a long thread to read through lol
Old 10-14-2022, 09:28 AM   #3727
Rookie

colepeyton's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bostongahden
amazing roster as always Rob!!
Old 10-14-2022, 10:43 AM   #3728
Pro

jemyers1975's Arena

OVR: 2

Is this for 21 ? If so I can go back and readjust there defense ratings probably missed it. I go by 3 year splits so if Gary Mathews seems low for example it's because that was his last year and so on. But thanks for pointing this out for me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamzilla
Hello everyone! I’ve been super busy with life & work lately (as a 45 year old, it leaves little time for gaming) but I’ve got the itch to get back into MLB the show ‘20 with all these great rosters.

Two quick questions:

1. If I use a single season roster, can that still be played as a franchise? I have never tried it, but I vaguely remember people talking about how you had to turn off injuries, etc but could still draft until you built 40 man, 90 man teams. Is this correct? Any advice on “how to” with seasonal rosters would be great! So many of them I would want to relive but I like the long term of franchise.

2. The 1987 set looks amazing, but I always struggle when looking at the fielding ratings. Some guys seem rated really low. For example, I want to plays as the ‘87 Cubs. Sandburg has horrible fielding at 2nd. As does Bob Danier in CF. Is there a reason for this? Do I need to edit it & it’s a PS4 problem?

Any info is helpful. Sorry if this has been answered previously. It’s a long thread to read through lol
Sent from my moto g play (XT2093DL) using Operation Sports mobile app

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »