Home

#OSFM v3.0

This is a discussion on #OSFM v3.0 within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-11-2018, 02:05 PM   #1129
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: #OSFM v3.0

Sorry if this has been asked and answered. I want to start a franchise with these rosters and sim the first season. I don't care about the stats, I just want to end up in March 2018 with the roster as is in the latest update.

What do I need to do with 30 team control to make sure everybody stays where they are, aside from disabling trades and injuries and roster movement? I have a feeling this will be a difficult task once it comes to the first off-season. I'm not interested in manually processing all 30 team's arbitration offers, for instance.

Also, is it possible to start with guys like Acuña off the 40 man without their arbitration clock running?
Old 03-13-2018, 10:40 AM   #1130
Pro

Ballgame59's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Side Effect
Sometime this weekend most likely.

I've been having trouble with some test uploads being corrupted and not downloadable again. I thought it was related to CAPs that were imported in, but even just random roster moves will make a test upload not downloadable after the previous test was just fine. Very strange, and frustrating. I just gotta play with it. My last test upload with updated transactions worked though thankfully.
Will there be another update before the season starts?
Old 03-13-2018, 03:05 PM   #1131
MVP

Side Effect's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jello
Sorry if this has been asked and answered. I want to start a franchise with these rosters and sim the first season. I don't care about the stats, I just want to end up in March 2018 with the roster as is in the latest update.

What do I need to do with 30 team control to make sure everybody stays where they are, aside from disabling trades and injuries and roster movement? I have a feeling this will be a difficult task once it comes to the first off-season. I'm not interested in manually processing all 30 team's arbitration offers, for instance.

Also, is it possible to start with guys like Acuña off the 40 man without their arbitration clock running?
When you start a franchise, you have to select all teams. I think most assign their main profile to their main team, and the other 29 teams as their 2nd profile. I just have all teams to my one main profile since I play with other teams too. Then turn CPU Roster Control to on. I also turn Force Trades on. In the offseason, I don't think there's any avoiding doing arbitration for players. Otherwise they become free agents. There's also an issue that's been in the game of unsigned free agents retiring in the offseason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballgame59
Will there be another update before the season starts?
I'm thinking maybe today.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-13-2018, 03:11 PM   #1132
Pro

Ballgame59's Arena

Quote:
When you start a franchise, you have to select all teams. I think most assign their main profile to their main team, and the other 29 teams as their 2nd profile. I just have all teams to my one main profile since I play with other teams too. Then turn CPU Roster Control to on. I also turn Force Trades on. In the offseason, I don't think there's any avoiding doing arbitration for players. Otherwise they become free agents. There's also an issue that's been in the game of unsigned free agents retiring in the offseason.

I'm thinking maybe today.
Cool. Thanks!
Old 03-13-2018, 06:22 PM   #1133
MVP

Side Effect's Arena

OVR: 3
Icon4 Re: #OSFM v3.0

New update is up in the vault: OSFM Offseason Update 9 by SideEffect34 (PSN)
  • Arrieta to the Phillies
  • Walker to the Yankees
  • Moustakas, Jay, & Nolasco to the Royals
  • Lynn to the Twins
  • Lucroy to the A’s
  • Ichiro to the Mariners
  • Gonzalez to the Rockies
  • Clippard to the Blue Jays
  • Carrera & Schimpf to the Braves
  • Saltalamacchia to the Tigers
  • And more!
All MLB & MILB transactions updated as of 3/13. Injury free, 25 man rosters that's perfect for Franchise mode or in Play Now. Rosters, lineups, and rotations are projected for the 2018 season based on Roster Resource. Injured players like Pedroia, Britton, and Wright are on the main roster. Jersey numbers updated. A few minor league transactions are missing because it made the roster not downloadable again if I import in some guys after some testing. Enjoy.
Old 03-14-2018, 12:43 AM   #1134
Rookie

Quote:
New update is up in the vault: OSFM Offseason Update 9 by SideEffect34 (PSN)
  • Arrieta to the Phillies
  • Walker to the Yankees
  • Moustakas, Jay, & Nolasco to the Royals
  • Lynn to the Twins
  • Lucroy to the A’s
  • Ichiro to the Mariners
  • Gonzalez to the Rockies
  • Clippard to the Blue Jays
  • Carrera & Schimpf to the Braves
  • Saltalamacchia to the Tigers
  • And more!
All MLB & MILB transactions updated as of 3/13. Injury free, 25 man rosters that's perfect for Franchise mode or in Play Now. Rosters, lineups, and rotations are projected for the 2018 season based on Roster Resource. Injured players like Pedroia, Britton, and Wright are on the main roster. Jersey numbers updated. A few minor league transactions are missing because it made the roster not downloadable again if I import in some guys after some testing. Enjoy.
Great roster bro appreciate the work and will spread the word through the MLBTS Community... Any one looking for a ONLINE FRANCHISE PM at PSN: C_LOS_2K
Old 03-16-2018, 09:49 AM   #1135
Rookie

Edit....

Edited a long post because I see it's a universal issue not related specifically to any of the players I mentioned.

Something weird with contracts. The years remaining don't update after the season. At least they don't on the players info page. I think the contract years are functioning properly, in that players contacts expire when they should, but you're sort of flying blind in the years remaining until they do expire.

Is this a commonly know issue/bug?

Last edited by Jello; 03-16-2018 at 10:03 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-16-2018, 11:01 AM   #1136
MVP

Will this be available in the vault day 1 for ‘18? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »