Home

OSFM2.75 OpeningDay40man90player roster

This is a discussion on OSFM2.75 OpeningDay40man90player roster within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-01-2017, 05:29 PM   #1
Rookie

nycyankeefan52's Arena

OVR: 2
OSFM2.75 OpeningDay40man90player roster

Per request and out of the utmost respect for Ridin'and his work,I am posting this thread based on OSFM 2.75 roster.The roster I am compiling will have 100% accurate opening day 40 man rosters for MLB teams.It will also have 100% accuracy on AAA teams and over 90% accuracy on AA teams .The entire roster is based off opening day rosters I have saved on excel to work off.Please understand the following about this roster to see if this is one you would use for franchise.

I have completed the entire AL with the addition of the NL east only.I have still to do NL central & NL west.

I have imported mlb players with accurate stats & service where the original 2.75 did not have.Ratings do not change much from the different versions of players.Sometimes the overall is 1-3 points difference. AAA teams are 100% accurate so far.Have not missed any players on AAA yet. I have imported players from hybridv1.3, last years rosters, and past rosters I have saved on franchise to collect more players not on 2.75 but are on active OD rosters and are playing regularly. The abundance of prospects not on OD rosters and not assumed to move up this season that are on 2.75 have been replaced by actual AAA & AA players I have found on other rosters to import.I have kept the prospects not on AAA & AA OD rosters if they have been eventually moved up to AAA or AA.I have left many still A ball for use. I have not created any players that are on OD AAA or AA rosters.Any players missing are replaced with a player that may not have been on an OD roster but have already moved up a level and have played on that team as of now. I imported over many FA players not expected to play this year. To sum up,this is going to be as close to OD roster for MLB,AAA, and AA as possible..I will try to complete full roster by tomorrow,After I post full roster,I will then start adding jersey #'s and primary & sec positions for all players. Hope this roster will work for some out there that are obsessed with OD complete rosters as I am. Many thanks to Ridin' & the hybrid crew for their masterful work.It is alot of work for me to do this roster but I love it.I can imagine the time and effort put in by the great roster makers of OSFM.

My psn is TB........

I currently have AL & NL east roster for download.

I can make a list of all players I found with accurate service & stats if anyone needs it. I will still be working on this roster throughout the Yanks game tonight on MLB.tv Thanks.

GO YANKS !!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-01-2017, 06:27 PM   #2
Rookie

soonermagic75's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: OSFM2.75 OpeningDay40man90player roster

Sounds good.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 06-01-2017, 10:24 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

Duplicate post, everything's below...

Last edited by Gambo187; 06-01-2017 at 10:31 PM. Reason: Duplicate post
Old 06-01-2017, 10:30 PM   #4
Rookie

I'm gonna be checking these out. The only thing I'd hope is you don't remove too many of the low A guys. There are plenty of prospects who haven't appeared this year yet because short season A hasn't started and extended spring training doesn't keep stats. For example our Yankees have Tate in EST and Kaprellian hurt.

On a side note, are the contract lengths correct? I think OSFM kept default value but correct lengths. Has that been the case?

Also, any guys you pull from the Hybrid you should recalculate them under the new calculator and make sure the switch hitters are "S" and not "B" in the calculator otherwise it reads them as a lefty.

(The errors in the initial calculations in Hybrid 1.2/3 are the main reason I'm weary of using it this year)

Overall though it sounds like this is gonna be a sweet iteration of the OSFM.

How did you handle the 60 day DL guys since they put them over 40?
Old 06-01-2017, 10:52 PM   #5
Pro

Geolink's Arena

OVR: 4

If you remember the Yankees didn't have a 5th starter opening day. So the 5th slot was empty until they called up Jordan Montgomery later on.

Bryan Mitchell was the long relief guy opening week/day.

The rotation was:

Tanaka
Pineda
Sabathia
Severino
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-02-2017, 12:50 AM   #6
Rookie

The roster looks good at 1st glance but why is Blake Rutherford on Texas, Dillon Tate on Pittsburgh etc?

I understand it's a work in progress but...

Anyway, the Phils are missing Read, the Mets are missing Molina and Flexen. These are guys who may not be on the 40 as of opening day but are now and should be in set.

Also, for my sets I pulled a Tyler Wade that's a utility player and is awesome since that's going to be his role. You should use that in lieu of the SS/2b in the OSFM.

Last edited by Gambo187; 06-02-2017 at 12:52 AM.
Old 06-02-2017, 07:39 AM   #7
Rookie

nycyankeefan52's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gambo187
I'm gonna be checking these out. The only thing I'd hope is you don't remove too many of the low A guys. There are plenty of prospects who haven't appeared this year yet because short season A hasn't started and extended spring training doesn't keep stats. For example our Yankees have Tate in EST and Kaprellian hurt.

On a side note, are the contract lengths correct? I think OSFM kept default value but correct lengths. Has that been the case?

Also, any guys you pull from the Hybrid you should recalculate them under the new calculator and make sure the switch hitters are "S" and not "B" in the calculator otherwise it reads them as a lefty.

(The errors in the initial calculations in Hybrid 1.2/3 are the main reason I'm weary of using it this year)

Overall though it sounds like this is gonna be a sweet iteration of the OSFM.

How did you handle the 60 day DL guys since they put them over 40?

I haven't changed ratings on any player.I don't know how to use the calc. I didn't touch contracts. 60day dl in A ball but off 40 man. I explained earlier this roster may not be for everyone.If I removed low prospects you may want you can import them back in.I tried to use players actually playing this year but left enough prospects and even put them in AA if they moved up IRL. Maybe after draft prospects can be edited to original 2.75 players. feel free to ask more questions. It's 725am and I'm working on NL central now.Thanks for your interest.
Old 06-02-2017, 07:43 AM   #8
Rookie

nycyankeefan52's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gambo187
The roster looks good at 1st glance but why is Blake Rutherford on Texas, Dillon Tate on Pittsburgh etc?

I understand it's a work in progress but...

Anyway, the Phils are missing Read, the Mets are missing Molina and Flexen. These are guys who may not be on the 40 as of opening day but are now and should be in set.

Also, for my sets I pulled a Tyler Wade that's a utility player and is awesome since that's going to be his role. You should use that in lieu of the SS/2b in the OSFM.
Had to move players around to put in OD roster players.When I get to those teams they will be removed or put in FA pool. Good question.Glad you noticed.I'll get Rutherford off Texas.I have AL cent & west to edit out non roster prospects.Couldn't find a cap for Phil Read or NYM Flexen.I could put Molina back in for NYM.Thanks. After roster is set I will input jersey's and primary & sec pos.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »