Home

POLL: 90-man roster: 1978 or 1981?

This is a discussion on POLL: 90-man roster: 1978 or 1981? within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Which season would you rather play?
1978 3 21.43%
1981 11 78.57%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-20-2018, 05:34 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
POLL: 90-man roster: 1978 or 1981?

Hi, Operation Sports! With the game about ready to drop, I am dedicating myself to actually finishing a full 90-man roster this year... and finishing it early, like ideally before the end of May. I have narrowed the choices down to two season, and I turn to the folks on this site to help me pick one or the other. The options are these:

1978: Pick this season, and you get the back end of some of the best teams of the 70s. The Yankees won the World Series behind Reggie Jackson, Ron Guidry, and Bucky Dent. The entire Big Red Machine is still active in Cincinnati. Alan Trammell and Lou Whitaker are rookies together in Detroit; the Dodgers, Royals, and Pirates all have legendary talent up and down their rosters. If you're more interested in building from the bottom up, you can take over the Mariners in their second-ever season and try to win more than the 56 they managed in real life.

1981: The strike season; in real life, teams played only about 110 games each. Some of those late 70s teams had faded away, but guys like Don Mattingly, Darryl Strawberry, and other stars of the 80s were starting to surface in the minors. Fernando Valenzuela was a 20-year-old rookie with an ERA under 2.5. Mike Schmidt hit 31 home runs in 102 games.

Your feedback is much appreciated!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-20-2018, 06:31 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: POLL: 90-man roster: 1978 or 1981?

1981. It would be great to play out entire season plus having the Expos uniforms available will make things more authentic.
Old 03-20-2018, 11:25 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: POLL: 90-man roster: 1978 or 1981?

'81 & Fernandomania! Would love to reinvent Valenzuela as a D'Back.
(Dont hate the player, hate the Dodgers.)

Plus Ripken, plus plus Sandberg as a Phillie, and a last hurrah for Bando & Bonds.
'81 = No Brainer.

A Work in Progress

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »