Home

TheMonkeyMan23 2018 Roster

This is a discussion on TheMonkeyMan23 2018 Roster within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience
View Poll Results: Would u like there to be 100 or 50 Top Prospect Emblems? I found a way to get to 100.
Emblem for top 100 Prospects. 74 81.32%
Emblem for top 50 Prosects. 17 18.68%
Voters: 91. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-04-2018, 03:48 PM   #281
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: TheMonkeyMan23 2018 Roster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMonkeyMan23
Monkey Update 23 has been posted.

All teams 90 man are up.

Next upload will include accurate salaries.

Enjoy.
Excellent work man. May make a suggestion to save you a file without salary changes. They really throw things off three or four years in.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2018, 07:01 PM   #282
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by volsman
Excellent work man. May make a suggestion to save you a file without salary changes. They really throw things off three or four years in.
Ok. Do you know how/why that occurs? I overheard that briefly but never got a definitive response from anyone.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Operation Sports mobile app

I hope you enjoy my work.
Thanks for all your support.
Old 04-04-2018, 07:59 PM   #283
Rookie

Quote:
Ok. Do you know how/why that occurs? I overheard that briefly but never got a definitive response from anyone.

Does anyone else's game not allow you sort out salaries when you go to that tab. Last year it was organized properly...this year for me it's a mess.

Old 04-05-2018, 12:51 AM   #284
Rookie

Quote:
Does anyone else's game not allow you sort out salaries when you go to that tab. Last year it was organized properly...this year for me it's a mess.

First off just want to say appreciate the work. I read what you wrote on Message #44. Props to you man and good job. That's a bleep ton of work and time. So the answer is this 40-Man through Contract is sorting using a broken formula none of us can see. From what I can tell it's not lining up any rating category or the first few choices that work. Age-Ovr-Pot. Bad programming code.
Old 04-05-2018, 12:56 AM   #285
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FookTheWhat
First off just want to say appreciate the work. I read what you wrote on Message #44. Props to you man and good job. That's a bleep ton of work and time. So the answer is this 40-Man through Contract is sorting using a broken formula none of us can see. From what I can tell it's not lining up any rating category or the first few choices that work. Age-Ovr-Pot. Bad programming code.
Yeah I notice when I try to sort the salary...it's sorts the MLB service time instead lol..smh

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-05-2018, 01:08 AM   #286
Rookie

Quote:
Yeah I notice when I try to sort the salary...it's sorts the MLB service time instead lol..smh
Yep that's the base formula it's using that list. Just noticed that myself. Tried to trick it using Franchise like in some old EA sports games LoL. But no cigar, it's definitely bleeped for all those Cats. at this point heh.
Old 04-05-2018, 01:21 AM   #287
Rookie

Age may be best way to sort in this blunder. It creates some zones Ovr. was off more.
Old 04-05-2018, 09:53 AM   #288
Rookie

Hey Guys.... the real contracts issue. I asked the same question a few days ago on a different thread and got a response.

Check this thread:
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...WiAc-H6fsknJri

Long story short, real contracts does not work properly with the way SDS has the franchise set up along with the trade logic and waiver wire with the COM based teams. That's why they default the roster salaries to what you see now. One major error is the way the franchise is handled with the expense, budget etc, having real contracts may give certain teams an SERIOUS amount of money to spend down the road when that is really not the case. For example, I simmed through 3 seasons.. on that 3rd season the Colorado Rockies spent $280 Million that off-season on 3 players. 1 of those players was a 3 year deal worth 55 Million to a 39 year old JA Happ because his morale would not accept less lol. Also... it completely messes up and destroys the trade logic. Computer run teams no longer make trade offers due to salary problems. Every team has salary problems lol I went an entire season without a single transaction made by the comp. No Trades, no waiver wire. In that same 3rd season, Colorado was in last and put 4 Big players with expiring contracts on the block and didnt trade anyone because they got no offers. Funny thing with that.... I ran the same test using the default V1.5 rosters and the Computer traded away all 4 guys for prospects. Rockies actually traded away a few more then that and sent down 3 big contracts to AAA and called up rookies.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »