Home

Best Opening Day roster?

This is a discussion on Best Opening Day roster? within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-17-2018, 02:48 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Best Opening Day roster?

I just picked up the game and am wanting to start with a good opening day roster set. Has anyone made an opening day version of OSFM, Hybrid or some other set?

Sorry if this is a repeat post, I've had a look through a few threads but haven't found much certainty...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2018, 02:50 PM   #2
MVP

gman2774's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Best Opening Day roster?

I'm curious about this too. It would be awesome if someone took the latest OFSM Ridin roster for example (4.5 or the newest one to be released soon) and made it a 40 man roster dating back to opening day. I love the thought of starting a new franchise using updated rosters that include updated SCEA player ratings and set back to opening day. Using the newest release (post trade deadline) to start a new franchise creates a huge gap between good teams and bad teams given the contenders loaded up at the deadline.

I tried to move players around to their opening day teams using OFSM 4.5 but I struggled on the easiest way to do that given budgets, trade limitations, etc within the game when trying to move players back to their original teams. I'm far from an expert on creating rosters in this game so if anyone has any advice on the easiest way to move players from team to team to create an opening day roster, that would be great. I'm willing to go give it a shot.
Old 10-18-2018, 09:55 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

I am hoping something materializes from this post. I have been looking for a hybrid opening day roster since the first hybrid release. I have tried to backtrack all the transactions but i am never happy with how it turns out. I hope someone out there has one or decides to create one.

Sent from my LGLS676 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 10-24-2018, 12:33 PM   #4
Rookie

nydteaton's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by gman2774
I'm curious about this too. It would be awesome if someone took the latest OFSM Ridin roster for example (4.5 or the newest one to be released soon) and made it a 40 man roster dating back to opening day. I love the thought of starting a new franchise using updated rosters that include updated SCEA player ratings and set back to opening day. Using the newest release (post trade deadline) to start a new franchise creates a huge gap between good teams and bad teams given the contenders loaded up at the deadline.

I tried to move players around to their opening day teams using OFSM 4.5 but I struggled on the easiest way to do that given budgets, trade limitations, etc within the game when trying to move players back to their original teams. I'm far from an expert on creating rosters in this game so if anyone has any advice on the easiest way to move players from team to team to create an opening day roster, that would be great. I'm willing to go give it a shot.

I am working on an opening day set, I am also swapping out the ugly faces for Christian Vazquez, Blake Swihart, Todd Frazier, and Jose Abreu (they will all have close to correct simulated stats).

Once Ridin, releases his new OSFM with new base, I will use his roster as a base for my set.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »