Home

OSFM for MLB 19

This is a discussion on OSFM for MLB 19 within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-17-2019, 10:15 PM   #81
MVP

Therebelyell626's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: OSFM for MLB 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazer81
OMG - a shrink would have a field day with all the phobias,angst and metal hand wringing that goes on in here. Craniums are busting open because some video game characters don't 100% mimic real life! Love the work guys do on rosters and it does add something to it but...perspective guys...perspective.
You came in here just to say this?

Cool.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-18-2019, 01:45 PM   #82
Rookie

What do you guys think if we started a go fund me to pay Ridin and the others for their work. Honestly if I had known these wouldn't come out until may or summer I probably wouldn't waste money on Any Baseball game.> OOTP is a sim game and I'm not into it and I love MLB the Show I echo the Dynasty complaints but still I use these rosters for my RTTS experience. its a lot of fun that way. Ridin, I know time is more the issue then Money (and that you do these out of the kindness of your heart) but if we were to fund this would that help get these out any sooner lol. I don't get Why SDS didn't just Hire you?
Old 03-18-2019, 01:49 PM   #83
MVP

Therebelyell626's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle1231234
What do you guys think if we started a go fund me to pay Ridin and the others for their work. Honestly if I had known these wouldn't come out until may or summer I probably wouldn't waste money on Any Baseball game.> OOTP is a sim game and I'm not into it and I love MLB the Show I echo the Dynasty complaints but still I use these rosters for my RTTS experience. its a lot of fun that way. Ridin, I know time is more the issue then Money (and that you do these out of the kindness of your heart) but if we were to fund this would that help get these out any sooner lol. I don't get Why SDS didn't just Hire you?
If they ever started excepting money for these rosters without paying for player likeness, then you could really kiss these rosters goodbye. That's a very slippery slope when you start making money off of a players likeness that you did not pay for the right to do so. The fact that these rosters are free are the only reason they exist and also the reason that games like NCAA no longer exist.
Old 03-18-2019, 05:42 PM   #84
MVP

LegendKillerOne's Arena

Question

If you take the rosters from 18 and move them over to 19 what exactly happens? Is every player still there? Are some taken out and if so which ones.

Never seen what happens when you do this would be curious to know since we could always move the 18 to 19?
Old 03-18-2019, 06:13 PM   #85
MVP

ninertravel's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therebelyell626
If they ever started excepting money for these rosters without paying for player likeness, then you could really kiss these rosters goodbye. That's a very slippery slope when you start making money off of a players likeness that you did not pay for the right to do so. The fact that these rosters are free are the only reason they exist and also the reason that games like NCAA no longer exist.
Not exactly... it would be classed as a donation. unless you did a EA and put it behind a paywall and said 'won't give you the roster unless you pay me for it' then it is a issue. you can't legally try and sue someone because a person made a 'donation' in support of someone. you technically wouldn't be paying for a item. you are sending a donation. big difference there.

Gaming CEO.

you can't move a roster form 18 to 19. only a franchise file. if you move the franchise file across in carry over saves. players that retired or didn't play in the MLB last year will turn into a generic face and name. which you then would have to edit and fix yourself.

as for how do you use 18 roster in 19. that will be a lot of exporting and importing which I will try and do the majority of on the 26th and 27th.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-19-2019, 11:25 AM   #86
MVP

Therebelyell626's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninertravel
Not exactly... it would be classed as a donation. unless you did a EA and put it behind a paywall and said 'won't give you the roster unless you pay me for it' then it is a issue. you can't legally try and sue someone because a person made a 'donation' in support of someone. you technically wouldn't be paying for a item. you are sending a donation. big difference there.

Gaming CEO.

you can't move a roster form 18 to 19. only a franchise file. if you move the franchise file across in carry over saves. players that retired or didn't play in the MLB last year will turn into a generic face and name. which you then would have to edit and fix yourself.

as for how do you use 18 roster in 19. that will be a lot of exporting and importing which I will try and do the majority of on the 26th and 27th.
I see your point man. But OS obviously thought of it as a wide enough gray are they felt the need to send out a cease and desist.
Old 03-19-2019, 06:05 PM   #87
MVP

ninertravel's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therebelyell626
I see your point man. But OS obviously thought of it as a wide enough gray are they felt the need to send out a cease and desist.
I see it as just paranoia.

There wouldn't be a vault to share rosters with the community if it really did have legal action. if someone really wanted to take legal action are they gonna target every single username ON PSN that created a player likeness?? there isn't just OSFM out there their are copies of it called other names as well in the vault. and their are a million versions of OSFM and there will be again for MLB 19. if they were serious they would do a cease and desist for SDS to remove it from the vault.
Old 03-20-2019, 01:44 PM   #88
Just started!

ckratz's Arena

I briefly saw the "cease and desist" remark. What exactly is the story behind that? Has their been legal action discussed in regard to the OSFM roster sets?

I have been playing The Show for several years now and like many, have always relied on the OSFM roster set, I am forever grateful for the work those guys put in. I am strongly considering beginning a set of my own. I know that is a huge undertaking and obviously would take some time to get a system/method down. I'm hoping I can get a half-decent set done for this season. More importantly, I envision this 2019 season being used as a testing ground. I am a software developer and I plan to put that to use.

This is a new OS account and I do not have posting privileges yet, but as soon as I do, I will start a thread to lay out some of my ideas and get community input.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »