Home

Injuries not working for 30 team control

This is a discussion on Injuries not working for 30 team control within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-28-2020, 11:44 AM   #1
MVP

tc020791's Arena

OVR: 1
Injuries not working for 30 team control

I want to start off by saying the gameplay on the field is top notch for this game. With that being said, this game is just riddle with so many new bugs we’ve never seen before. So this is yet another fun one for all you hard core franchise guys.

Injuries do not work with a 2 “profile” 30 team control. I apologize if you don’t follow but anyone who plays 30 team franchise knows what I’m talking about. You set your own team to your default association settings. The default settings for me have everything on manual so I can control my actual team. Then you set the other 29 teams to your second association settings. This second one for most of us is usually all on auto except for lineups. This way the CPU can do all the tedious stuff and you can still set their lineups.

Well this year injuries do not occur for your second association settings. When doing 30 team control only your team will be getting injured. There will be no other injuries in the entire MLB!!

I tested this multiple ways and multiple times. There’s only two ways to get the league to have injuries. One, don’t play 30 team control, which is unfortunately what it looks like most of us will have to do. The second option is to have all 30 teams under your default association settings. If you do this then every team will be able to receive injuries, but now you have to either manually control every team or let the CPU control your team. Its a no-win situation IMO.

If anyone knows of an actual fix for this I’d love to know.

EDIT: FOUND A FIX

You need to create a third profile from the home screen. Go to options>user settings>save changes>create new.

Your default one and the new will work together. The second one for me is corrupt for whatever reason. Maybe I’m the only one who has had this happen to them. If I’m not, there’s your fix. I’d also suggest just leaving the second one and never using it. Not sure what will happen if you delete and go back to just two. It may corrupt the new one at that point. So just keep all three but only use the default and new one.

Last edited by tc020791; 03-28-2020 at 12:13 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-28-2020, 02:07 PM   #2
Pro

knucklecutter's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Injuries not working for 30 team control

I set 2 profiles, and they get injured, no issues.
Old 03-28-2020, 02:11 PM   #3
TrueSim Projects-Creator

Cycloniac's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by knucklecutter
I set 2 profiles, and they get injured, no issues.
I also didn't have problems with players getting injured when using two profiles.

Old 03-28-2020, 03:12 PM   #4
MVP

tc020791's Arena

OVR: 1

Weird. Well this is here in case anyone else runs into that issue.
Old 07-18-2020, 08:53 AM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc020791
I want to start off by saying the gameplay on the field is top notch for this game. With that being said, this game is just riddle with so many new bugs we’ve never seen before. So this is yet another fun one for all you hard core franchise guys.

Injuries do not work with a 2 “profile” 30 team control. I apologize if you don’t follow but anyone who plays 30 team franchise knows what I’m talking about. You set your own team to your default association settings. The default settings for me have everything on manual so I can control my actual team. Then you set the other 29 teams to your second association settings. This second one for most of us is usually all on auto except for lineups. This way the CPU can do all the tedious stuff and you can still set their lineups.

Well this year injuries do not occur for your second association settings. When doing 30 team control only your team will be getting injured. There will be no other injuries in the entire MLB!!

I tested this multiple ways and multiple times. There’s only two ways to get the league to have injuries. One, don’t play 30 team control, which is unfortunately what it looks like most of us will have to do. The second option is to have all 30 teams under your default association settings. If you do this then every team will be able to receive injuries, but now you have to either manually control every team or let the CPU control your team. Its a no-win situation IMO.

If anyone knows of an actual fix for this I’d love to know.

EDIT: FOUND A FIX

You need to create a third profile from the home screen. Go to options>user settings>save changes>create new.

Your default one and the new will work together. The second one for me is corrupt for whatever reason. Maybe I’m the only one who has had this happen to them. If I’m not, there’s your fix. I’d also suggest just leaving the second one and never using it. Not sure what will happen if you delete and go back to just two. It may corrupt the new one at that point. So just keep all three but only use the default and new one.
Does creating a third profile really cause CPU generated injuries? Has this worked??!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2020, 09:32 AM   #6
MVP

Hammerhunker's Arena

OVR: 22

I'm into June and zero injuries for any team.
Old 07-18-2020, 10:32 AM   #7
Rookie

sluggbugg's Arena

OVR: 5

I have multiple 30 team control franchises using two profiles and have not had any issues with injuries. I use Bacon's rosters. Maybe its and issue with the roster set you are using?
Old 07-18-2020, 11:22 AM   #8
Cleveland Baseball Guru

Funkycorm's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerhunker
I'm into June and zero injuries for any team.
If you set roster control to 'on' when you started a franchise, injuries are off no matter what setting you use.

Currently Playing:

NBA 2k24 (PS5)
Farming Simulator 22 (PC)
Elden Ring (PS5)

Twitch:

Twitch

Dynasties:

None at the moment

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »