Home

New Fantasy Roster in Vault:Hetz's Multiverse

This is a discussion on New Fantasy Roster in Vault:Hetz's Multiverse within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-22-2020, 10:30 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
New Fantasy Roster in Vault:Hetz's Multiverse

Hello all,

I've placed a new roster in the vault that I believe is a unique experience that might appeal to some. I wanted a second franchise I could really invest in but I kept alternating between Bacon's fictional, current roster teams, Legends league concept, etc. So I decided to create:

Hetz's Multiverse
PSN ID: rolandtherose

Features:
The goal was to create a balanced mixture of all the different ways to enjoy franchise. There are legends, players from Bacon's fictional, current players, players from the Longballs and Legends roster from Ridin, and then a smattering of Easter egg type players mainly from film and TV.

Also, in keeping with the "Multiverse" theme, some roster placement decisions were done while imagining an alternate universe. For example, John Smoltz is a Detroit Tiger, Pedro Martinez is a 19 year old Dodger rookie, Barry Bonds is still with the Pirates, and other similar examples also exist.

Disclaimer: I recommend 30 team control because the 40 man roster situation is not perfectly done, meaning some imported CAPS are not on the 40 man and unless the downloader manually fixes that then some premier players may spend the year in the minors.

Feedback is welcome!
Also if you'd like to see additions for a Version 2 let me know!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2020, 02:03 PM   #2
Rookie

sharkdaballer's Arena

Re: New Fantasy Roster in Vault:Hetz's Multiverse

Dope bro! Im actually creating something similar but haven't finished. There are so many great rosters and CAPs in the vault, this is a cool way to include them all!
Old 07-22-2020, 03:39 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkdaballer
Dope bro! Im actually creating something similar but haven't finished. There are so many great rosters and CAPs in the vault, this is a cool way to include them all!
It was a labor of love importing and exporting all of these players from the different rosters but I'm about seven games in and it's a lot of fun. I've never done this before with other rosters but I find myself putting intriguing matchups on the PS4/TV while I do other tasks or chores and check out the games from time to time.

If you have a chance to check it out in game let me know what you think.
Old 07-22-2020, 03:56 PM   #4
Rookie

Son of Motown's Arena

This sounds very interesting. I assume you used the John Smoltz I made, which is some of my best work. I'll make sure to check this out.

Honorary contributor of Your Full Minors

Check out my content here:

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...owns-caps.html
Old 07-22-2020, 04:27 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Motown
This sounds very interesting. I assume you used the John Smoltz I made, which is some of my best work. I'll make sure to check this out.
I'm not 100% sure if that Smoltz is yours but between you and Dr.Sublime, I owe you both a huge THANK YOU for the wonderful work you put in, several of your CAPS are spread throughout this roster.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2020, 06:56 PM   #6
Rookie

Son of Motown's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by claussen7
I'm not 100% sure if that Smoltz is yours but between you and Dr.Sublime, I owe you both a huge THANK YOU for the wonderful work you put in, several of your CAPS are spread throughout this roster.

You're welcome dude. Doc is more well known, while I'm a still new to the CAP/roster scene. I'm just happy that people like my content.

Honorary contributor of Your Full Minors

Check out my content here:

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...owns-caps.html
Old 07-23-2020, 05:58 PM   #7
Rookie

sharkdaballer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by claussen7
If you have a chance to check it out in game let me know what you think.
Just gave it a quick scope and it's a good set! I like how you kept the best players from the different rosters. Are all present day players on the legend teams?
Old 07-24-2020, 05:25 AM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkdaballer
Just gave it a quick scope and it's a good set! I like how you kept the best players from the different rosters. Are all present day players on the legend teams?
I'm not 100% sure I know what you're asking, but for current players I did not use the "Legend" version of the player, the 99 overall "Face of the Franchise" player. I just used the regular "live" version of the player.

To achieve balance, there are some left off from each type of player. Like for the Cardinals there is no Paul Goldschmidt. The free agent list would allow the user to mix and match if they choose but to do that they would probably need to ignore budgets in their pre franchise setting.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »