Home

Volsfan39's Statis Pro Baseball (Ultimate 80's) MLB 20

This is a discussion on Volsfan39's Statis Pro Baseball (Ultimate 80's) MLB 20 within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-09-2021, 02:19 PM   #1
Rookie

volsfan39's Arena

OVR: 1
Volsfan39's Statis Pro Baseball (Ultimate 80's) MLB 20

I have been working on this project for over a year and getting close to release! I started this roster back in late 2020 and then put it on the back burner waiting for the release of 2021. When 21 came out and is what it is I came back to the project and decided to keep it on 20 for gameplay which just did not feel right to me for whatever reason on 21. This roster is a bit different than other historic rosters as I did not focus on a particular year but the decade as a whole.

I took each player and placed them on the teams they spent the most time with in the 80's whether it be minors or majors. I used career stats for most so I could get more accurate splits. I tried many different attribute formulas and settled on xSiQ's formula as a base and then let the players develop on their own as I simmed their service time. I simmed service time up to their age and correct teams so their stat line would resemble the back of a baseball card. Surprising how accurate some turned out. Except of course the dates that the game does not allow you to edit.

I simmed all service time using Armor & Sword's modified 80's cpu sliders and human sliders for testing gameplay. This roster plays really well using the clean screen approach that Armor explains with his slider set. I went around the community looking for the best possible player models I could find from the vault and rosters and even tried a few myself that after doing a few hundred starting to look better and better Lol. Each player's equipment is done as accurate as the game allows it to be. I wish we still had some the equipment choices we used to have.

Every player in the roster is a real player that either played in the minors or majors in the 1980's with the exception of the free agents. I have added over 30 and am currently working on more now. All 90 man rosters are full even the expansion teams. I took some players that were either well traveled or maybe guys that didn't get signed and retired and filled those teams with them. I have to say they are fun to play with and against and a couple have won 70 games in a few simulations. I rebranded the Rays with the Brewers the Rockies with the Astros and Washington with Montreal. Houston, Florida, Milwaukee, and Arizona are replaced by whoever you like. I have full uniforms for every team but don't know a way to share or I would.

As far as the ages of the players I tried to mix it up quite a bit. Like a young Ripken at the beginning of the streak and Mattingly as a rookie. Also a 43 year old Gaylord Perry looking for his 300th win and so on. Some of the veterans have their correct age in the roster but I change some after entering the franchise so they won't retire like Pete Rose or Phil Niekro who went on to play until their mid 40's along with some others. Another cool thing is that when some do retire like Yaz or Stargell because of the simmed stats they appear in the Hall which honestly I didn't think about until it happened the first time.

I am sorry for the long winded post but I am pretty excited the way this thing came together. At times I thought it would never end as anyone who has done a roster knows that feeling Lol but I'm finally on the home stretch!

I am looking at sometime around Christmas for a release as I want to make sure it is the best it can be and add a few more free agents. The game automatically generates some fake free agents when you enter franchise but I want to make sure there are some real ones in there too.

I want to thank the community for all their work over the years in making this roster possible. Armor&Sword I have used your sliders for years and for me they are the best for utilizing player ratings for the most realistic gameplay around. xSiQ for putting the work in and coming up with a great attribute formula! To all the player creators out there thank you I would like to name names but one thing I noticed over this haul is a lot of copies in the vault. I will name a few that I used most frequently because I know theirs was the original. Motown(RIP), Kiss75, Dr.Sublime, and Bigshow and many others. I would also like to thank many roster makers from 70's sets to 80's for good accurate rosters that I plucked many players from. Most frequently used 1980 MLB Roster (skph22), OS 1977 End Of Season (jaques33), 1976 Season (rtg444), 1982 opening day (TwinsVikes61) Sensational 70's (BostonRob75), swingin 70's (raiderdoug24), and Strat-O-Matic the 80's (htskr) and others.

The next couple of weeks I'll be streaming on Twitch just testing out different things to make sure it looks right to me. Come on by for a sneak peek if you like. I will also be adding more free agents if I can find them I am about out of players lol.

Streaming on Twitch
"Volsfan39's Statis Pro Baseball (Ultimate 80's) MLB 20
https://www.twitch.tv/volsfan3939
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2021, 03:47 PM   #2
Rookie

Gamzilla's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Volsfan39's Statis Pro Baseball (Ultimate 80's) MLB 20

Great news for people like me who are still playing 20.
Old 12-15-2021, 08:52 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 0

This roster sounds killer! As a true blue show 20 guy I cant wait to try this out. Great job!
I hear your hopes
I feel your dreams
And in the dark I hear your screams
Don't turn away, Just take my hand
I'll never leave, All I ask of you, Is Believe.

Believe

Savatage - RIP Chris Oliva - April 3, 1963 – October 17, 1993
Old 12-16-2021, 07:09 AM   #4
MVP

bostongahden's Arena

OVR: 4

Sounds terrific! Glad my sets came in handy. I'll be checking this out. MLBTS 20 is the benchmark for classic roster excellence in both quality and variety.

For classic sports highlights and livestream action, follow me on YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/@greenmonster37ft/videos
Follow me on Twitter:
https://twitter.com/BostonRob75
Old 12-17-2021, 11:49 PM   #5
Rookie

volsfan39's Arena

Roster is in Vault! I feel like I just pushed the babies out of the nest lol.

Merry Christmas!! Enjoy

Streaming on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/volsfan3939
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-18-2021, 08:52 AM   #6
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Outstanding job on this roster Vols!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 12-18-2021, 10:10 AM   #7
MVP

Volsfan39 -- I downloaded it late last night and was blown away with the very noticeable Quality of your work ........... ended up spending way more time than I thought I would visiting different teams and inspecting their players --- by the time I was done it was way too early this morning to logon here to issue my Applauds --- EXCEPTIONAL in Everyway ! THANKS .............
Old 12-18-2021, 10:22 AM   #8
Rookie

volsfan39's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
Outstanding job on this roster Vols!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Thanks Armor!

Streaming on Twitch