Home

Franchise Fidelity to Reality Roster Project (Official Thread)

This is a discussion on Franchise Fidelity to Reality Roster Project (Official Thread) within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-01-2022, 12:03 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
Franchise Fidelity to Reality Roster Project (Official Thread)

Welcome to the first ever release of my “Franchise Fidelity to Reality” roster set! I am excited to throw my hat in the ring for consideration as the top roster set available for franchise players. I have been working very hard over the last two years to develop my extremely in-depth system, and it is finally ready to debut.

For years, I have been trying to achieve the best possible franchise experience. Full minors rosters added enjoyment to my experience, however, they often created huge problems for franchise longevity due to unbalanced potentials amongst prospects and MLB players. I then tried out other creators who attempted re-rate both overalls and potentials for MLB and MiLB players. I give these creators a ton of credit because I now realize how much effort goes into this process. That being said, I saw a vast room for improvement in a multitude of areas, so therefore, I set out to put my own little spin on things

What sets this roster apart from all the others?
One of the things I wanted to focus on the most was trying to best recreate in-game every player’s unique style and level of play. To achieve this, I needed to get testing in-game to see what attribute values could replicate what statistics.

So that’s exactly what I did. I spent hours testing how variable values of attributes would lead to different outputs for statistics. I was then able to create standard curves from this testing so I could extrapolate how a player’s real-life statistics could be quantified into an in-game rating. From what I can tell, this is a feature unique to only my roster set. Others certainly use real life statistics to generate ratings, but none that I have found try to replicate those real-life numbers in-game.

After these ratings have been generated, I also go through an auditing process. No system is perfect, and I know that. Sometimes players can fall through the cracks and be heavily over/underrated. This auditing process allows me to catch these players and to adjust them accordingly. These changes are only made to more truly replicate a player’s actual value in real-life and I try to keep them at a minimum when possible.

The second aspect that I wanted to heavily focus on in the depth of prospects. I was never a fan of rosters that prioritized AAA/AA filler players over top prospects who are in the low minors. Not to mention, sometimes lesser-known prospects can often be the most intriguing, and therefore, the most fun to play with in-game. That is why I decided to include every team’s top 30 prospects. This allows for significant depth in terms of franchise management, as well as it helps to really set apart strong farm systems from weak farm systems. Again, this is the only roster to my knowledge that goes in-depth from #1 all the way to #30.

The last thing that is unique to this roster set is a tiered potential system. This is by no means something that only I do, however, my tiered system is broken up into various roles that players can fill. Players are assigned certain roles based on their level of play and projected future level of play, and thus are assigned a pertinent value.

Full list of features
Spoiler

Methodology
Spoiler

New Draft Pick Editing in Franchise
Spoiler

Final Comments
I want to thank each and every last one of you who download these rosters and give them a try. I actually had a decent amount of fun putting this project together even with it taking ~200+ hours of work. If you have any feedback, please feel free to leave a comment here. I want to hear what everyone thinks so I can improve my system in any way.

WE. ARE. LIVE!

Vault: ViatorLion10
Name: Franchise Fidelity to Reality

Much love to Sports Gaming Rosters, JWDixon, and Matthew Thompson over at Prospects Live for all of their efforts!

If you like the rosters and would like to donate a little bit, I would be massively appreciative, though it is by no means required:

Venmo: @Anthony-Quagliano

I wish you all the best this season!

Peace, love, and baseball

Be sure to subscribe to me on YouTube for MLB The Show content and more: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3L...kChNxkvtpBdmnQ

Come chat with us on discord: https://discord.gg/6Baz2hwhpS

Last edited by ViatorLion10; 04-24-2022 at 06:48 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2022, 12:02 PM   #2
Banned

Re: Franchise Fidelity to Reality Roster Project (Official Thread)

I'm very happy to announce it looks like Sports Gaming Rosters and I will be collabing on this project. He's currently busting his *** getting a primary roster in order while I work behind the scenes to finish up generating some of the ratings.

I've gotta say, looking at what I've got so far, it looks like it's coming together very well. I will be putting up previews of some of the rosters in the next day or so (probably by Tuesday with the game launch for the general public) so everyone can get a sneak preview of what the rosters are going to look like.
Old 04-03-2022, 04:41 PM   #3
Rookie

Really appreciate the effort and time you guys put into making these rosters and essentially making franchise even playable cause as it has been stated many times SDS stock rosters are trash.

I do have a couple questions in regards to your collab efforts with SGR. Correct me if I'm wrong but SGR is creating the base roster and you will be altering it from there ? If so, will you be changing things such as player attributes like contact/power, positions, potential grades ??

I want to start a Blue Jays franchise and while their roster is pretty good off the hop I feel like certain players are grossly underrated.. example being Cavan Biggio. I think his overall should be in the low 80s or at worst high 70s not 73.

I look forward to your response and what you fellas will be bringing to the table. Keep up the awesome work !!!
Old 04-03-2022, 06:29 PM   #4
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cneil51
Really appreciate the effort and time you guys put into making these rosters and essentially making franchise even playable cause as it has been stated many times SDS stock rosters are trash.

I do have a couple questions in regards to your collab efforts with SGR. Correct me if I'm wrong but SGR is creating the base roster and you will be altering it from there ? If so, will you be changing things such as player attributes like contact/power, positions, potential grades ??

I want to start a Blue Jays franchise and while their roster is pretty good off the hop I feel like certain players are grossly underrated.. example being Cavan Biggio. I think his overall should be in the low 80s or at worst high 70s not 73.

I look forward to your response and what you fellas will be bringing to the table. Keep up the awesome work !!!

SGR is putting together the base roster. Basically making sure all the correct players are on the correct teams and adding in a decent amount of missing players. Definitely a pretty large job in and of itself.

As per your other question, I will be editing everything. If you want more detail on every little thing, I believe all your questions will be answered in the original thread post. My plan as of now is for SGR to finish setting up the base roster while I work on finalize rating and potentials for prospects. Once SGR is finished with making the base, he'll start the editing process until I can finish all the prospects, at which point I will take over and finish all the necessary edits.

As far as Cavan Biggio, I have him as a 77OVR w/ 80 potential
Old 04-03-2022, 07:59 PM   #5
Rookie

Right on, it sounds like you guys have a great plan of attack !

Does your original April 15th timeline for the release of the roster change now that you're working alongside SGR ?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2022, 09:08 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 2

We are going to put out a tremendous roster guys. I hope you all check it out.
Old 04-03-2022, 09:43 PM   #7
Rookie

Pumped for this!!!

Sent from my iPad using Operation Sports
Old 04-03-2022, 09:44 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cneil51
Right on, it sounds like you guys have a great plan of attack !

Does your original April 15th timeline for the release of the roster change now that you're working alongside SGR ?

Was wondering this too.

Sent from my iPad using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »