Home

Sliders w/ Higher K%

This is a discussion on Sliders w/ Higher K% within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2022, 06:07 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Sliders w/ Higher K%

I’ve simulated a few seasons using the default sliders and I’ve noticed league wide strikeout rates (for batters) are way too low compared to real life. MLB average K% this year is over 22%, but most teams finish the season with only a couple of guys with K% over 20%. I’m new to sliders for the Show so just curious if there are any good sets that make the simulated stats look closer to real life.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2022, 01:16 PM   #2
Prince of Plakata

Jolly Roger's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Sliders w/ Higher K%

I don't there there's a fix for this. If I recall correctly, Pitcher Stamina and Manager Hook are the only gameplay sliders that also affect simmed games. Injuries and trades also have an affect, but the sliders say as much anyway.

To affect sim stats unrelated to pitcher innings/usage, you would need to edit individual player attributes. In the case of strikeouts, you'd have to edit K/9 and Vision. Of course, you'd then need a slider set for played games that counters this.

Ideally, the devs would find a way to have all sliders affect simmed games and then let us run dual slider sets in Franchise for simmed vs. played games. Would also be nice to have a global attribute editor so if we want do something like increase every pitcher's K/9 by 5 points, etc., we could.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »