Home

Armor & Sword/RaiderRen’s HOF Clean Screen MLB 23 Simulation Sliders (PS5)

This is a discussion on Armor & Sword/RaiderRen’s HOF Clean Screen MLB 23 Simulation Sliders (PS5) within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-13-2024, 02:24 PM   #1
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

Armor & Sword/RaiderRen’s MLB 23 The Show Simulation Sliders

Hello Operation Sports Show Nation......you know the saying....it’s better late than never!!! We finally took the plunge and picked up MLB The Show 23 and boy we are glad to be here. The game is beautiful and improves on MLB 22 in every single way. I am really blown away at the look, feel and overall pageantry of todays game and how the Show has translated that. There are some minor quips I have but it’s really minor. To be quite frank the ATG Classic Roster crew’s work is what ultimately seduced me to pick up the game and wow.....their work is exemplery and first class all the way and I am sure we will dive into 1984 and 1998 and of course Boston’s amazing Classic Roster linage is now transitioned to MLB 23 and man the Sensational 70’s and Electrifying 80’s are gonna be sweet. You can follow all the best rosters available to all of you on the Classic Roster Thread in the roster subform. We will be updating that regularly for MLB 23.

I will be sticking with 23 for at least a year since I just got it......unless there is a groundbreaking change on MLB 24, I am not an every cycle sports gamer anymore. I actually like being late to the party this time.....all the patching and updates are done. Rosters are plentiful.....it’s all good vibes.

I used MrMet2488’s updated roster for 2024 for my proper Yankees franchise and I moved some free agents still out there to various teams....including our NY Yankees of course!!! You can follow this franchise and our slider testing on my Twitch channel. We already have two outstanding Spring Training games to watch on VOD. Where you will see this working set in action.

So onto the usual disclosures. We play a totally clean screen. We will post all our settings here in the coming week as we are furiously testing Verison 1 and I want to really get a nice sample size before we unveil it. The main goal and yes.....I have been reading the 23 forms all year so I have a ton of data and feedback from many of you.....is making sure pitching is more challenging (we use Classic Pitching and Directional Hitting) vs the CPU and the CPU’s offense is more consistent.

We really hone in on the overall “feel” of the game. I am not obsessed with 100% statistical accuracy because baseball is a large random sample season to season. With that being said.....I play every pitch of every inning in my proper franchise. I can’t stress enough the beauty of grinding through a 162 game season. Keep in mind I have done this for 7 straight years with a Yankees franchise I started back on MLB 17 when we had Y2Y saves and played the last 4 straight years on MLB 20. It is a fantastic experience. It does take me about a real baseball season to finish all 162 and the post season. What’s the rush? So know I am a “feel” guy when it comes to sliders. Does it feel good, does it play well, does it look balanced, does it feel realistic......yeah The Show is second to none at replicating the sport it represents in the virtual world.

RaiderRen did a lot of the heavy lifting testing the base I am working off of....and we have already made some “Armor” tweaks to get them into the sweet spot we want to attain. A ton of credit to his hard work as I know he has labored testing sliders for a while on this game. I am kinda coming late stage here and tuning them up per say to my taste.

So I am excited to share these.....I know it’s really late but I also know a lot of us hardcore franchise/classic roster junkies will be playing 23 for years to come....because that’s how we roll.

Let’s play some ball.

Version 2.0 January 26th 2024

[left]

GAMEPLAY SETTINGS

GENERAL (DIFFICULTY)

Gameplay Style - Simulation

Hitting Difficulty - Hall of Fame

Pitching Difficulty - Hall of Fame

Tutorial Tips - Off

* All other Tips set to "Off"

GENERAL (DECISIONS)

Auto Fielding - On

Auto Throwing - On

Auto Baserunning - On

Auto Sliding - On

Auto INF Jump Reaction - On

Auto OF Dive Reaction - On

Warm Up Relievers - On

Auto Defensive Shift - On

GENERAL (RULES)

Umpire Accuracy - Personalized

Injuries - On

Ejections - On

Balks - Off

Umpire Close Plays - Average

Check Swing Appeals - On

GENERAL (MISC)

CPU Pitch Delay - Normal

Post Game Auto Save - Off

Player Lock Settings - *user preference*

CONTROL (OFFENSE)

Baserunning Interface - Analog Select

Swing Input - Buttons

Hitting Interface - Directional (Timed if you prefer)

-Directional Camera Shift - Off (Locked)

-Directional Hitting Indicator - Off (Locked)

-PCI Anchor - Off

---PCI Anchor Reset- Batter (Locked)

---PCI Anchor Dots - On (Locked)

-Plate Coverage Indicator - Off

---All PCI Settings should be locked

-Guess Pitch - Off

Vibration - Off (For the ultimate challenge in Classic Pitching)

CONTROL (DEFENSE)

Pitching Interface - Classic

-Pitching Ball Marker - Off

-Pulse Meter Display - Bordered Circle (Locked)

Throwing Interface - Buttons

-Accuracy Chevrons - Off

Throw Cancelling - On

Catch Position Indicator - Off

Dive / Jump - One Button

CONTROL (PLAYER LOCK)

Player Lock Throwing Interface - Buttons

Player Lock Throw Mapping - Standard

Player Lock Baserunning Interface - Analog

Player Lock Infield Reaction - Assit

CAMERA

Hitting View - Retro

Pitching View - Broadcast

In-Play View Offense - Broadcast (user preference)

In-Play View Defense - Broadcast (user preference)

Vertical Camera Movement - Standard

Horizontal Camera Movement - Standard

DISPLAY

Fielding Aids - Off

- Base to Play Icon - On (LOCKED)

- Catch Position Indicator Accuracy - Perfect (LOCKED)

- CPU Pitch Suggestion - On (Locked)

- Route to Ball Indicator - On (LOCKED)

Dynamic Difficulty Updates - Progress

In-Game Notification - Off

Strike Zone - Off

Hot Zones - Off

Pitch Info - Off

Pitch Select Displays - Off

Confidence / Energy Bars - Off

Pitch Feedback - Off

Batter Controls Display - Off

Swing Feedback - Off

Off The Wall Ribbon - Off

Baserunning Diamond - On

Player Name Display - Off

Scorebar Display - On

Game Log Order - Chronological

PRESENTATION SETTINGS

Presentation Mode - Broadcast

Pitch Selection Cameras - Both (Hitting and Batting)

-Pitch Selection Camera Focus - All

-Pitch Selection Camera Frequency - High Leverage

Batter Walkup - On

In-Game Ticker - On

- Closed Captioning - Off

AUDIO / VIDEO SETTINGS

* These are all user preference

SLIDERS

Dynamic Difficulty Sensitivity - 5 (Disabled)

Human Contact - 7

Human Power - 6 (+1)

Human Timing - 5

Human Foul Frequency - 3 (-2)

Human Solid Hits - 5 (+1)

Human Starter Stamina - 6 (+1)

Human Reliever Stamina -4

Human Pitch Control - 5 (+1)

Human Pitcher Consistency - 5

CPU Contact - 7

CPU Power - 6

CPU Timing - 5

CPU Foul Frequency - 3

CPU Solid Hits - 5

CPU Starter Stamina - 6 (+1)

CPU Reliever Stamina - 4

CPU Pitcher Control - 5 (+1)

CPU Pitcher Consistency - 5

CPU Strike Frequency - 5

CPU Manager Hook - 4

CPU Pickoffs - 5

Fastball Pitch Speed - 7 (-2)

Offspeed Pitch Speed - 7 (-2)

Fielding Errors Infield - 7

Fielding Errors Outfield - 7

Throwing Errors Infield - 6

Throwing Errors Outfield - 5

Fielder Run Speed – 4

Fielder Reaction - 4

Fielder Arm Strength Infield - 4

Fielder Arm Strength Outfield - 5

Baserunner Speed - 5

Baserunner Steal Ability - 7

Baserunner Steal Frequency - 6

Wind - 5

Gameplay Injury Frequency - 8

Simulator Injury Frequency - 6

Trade Frequency:

Spring Training - 7

March/April/May - 5

June - 8

July - 10

Aug/Sep/Oct - 5 (post deadline won’t matter)

Off-season/Winter Meetings - 10

Simmed game Slider adjustments (make these two adjustments and save this set as your "Simulated Games” Set) Before you play your game load this set, then go to your calender and view todays games.....simulate every game except yours. Then load back in your (V1 or V2 whichever you use) slider set and play!

Dowie's Simulated Game Slider Adjustments

2023 modern day franchise play: (using OOTB "or close to it" rosters/attributes)

SP 2

RP 0

Hook 10

1998 season play: (using ATG's 1998 rosters)

SP 5

RP 5

Hook 5

Default sliders works great!!!

1984 or 1985 season play: (using ATG's 1984 or 1985 rosters WITH their rebranding set-up)

2 options:

If you care more about the total # of Complete Games being accurate:

SP 8

RP 6

Hook 0

If you care more about the total # of 200 inning pitchers being accurate:

SP 5

RP 5

Hook 7

Dowie

Armor’s 30 Team Control Manifesto

Spoiler
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23

Last edited by Armor and Sword; 03-03-2024 at 06:20 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-13-2024, 02:25 PM   #2
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Yankees Year 1 News and Notes

March 2024 News and Notes

The Yankees had a very busy Spring Training to begin 2024. A couple of high school draft picks made a lot of impressions and have locked in positions on the 26 man roster heading into 2024.

Jacob Herzberg SS/2B (A Rated Prospect) - The "Herz Train" as he was called in his hometown of Parkland Florida was selected in the 6th round of the 2023 amateur draft from Marjory Stoneman Douglas which is considered the top 7A high school baseball program in the country. Winners of 3 straight State and National titles (2021/2022/2023) from Perfect Game, Max Preps and Prospect America he comes with a great pedigree (5’11 180 lbs) of being fundamentally sound and used to the grind of practicing and playing hard for a top program. More importantly high character and supreme mental toughness was deemed to be a huge strength. A team player through and through Herzberg brings sub 6.7 60 speed, a great line drive gap to gap approach, and an elite set of soft hands to vacuum up hard hit balls on the diamond. The Yankees saw his prowess quickly in Rookie A and High A and gave him a shot at AA near 2023’s season end where he shined vs MLB caliber pitching. In the spring he rocked at the plate hitting .360, stealing 4 bags and hitting 2 HR’s. He also made every single play sabe for one errant throw at SS and 2B. He clearly outplayed heralded 2nd year SS Anthony Volpe.

Hunter “Dumpy” Nelson C/OF (B rated Prospect) - Herz Train’s best friend who played at a rival high school was also taken in the 10th round of the 2023 Amateur draft. Hunter brings a 6’0 195 lb frame to the table and has shown sneaky power and a deadly arm from behind the dish. He does need to improve his plate discipline but he has shown an uncanny ability to call a game at the age of 18. Both he and Herzberg played together for 2 summers with their high school showcase teams and roomed together in rookie A, high A and AA as they moved up the ranks together. Nelson has won the backup Catcher job to Trevino over Austin Wells who was a former 1st round pick. Dumpy had some nice key hits in ST and showed he can throw out runners consistently. More importantly he developed great chemistry this spring with the Yankees big free agent signing of LHP Blake Snell.

GM Michael Sword was busy this off season making those draft picks and signing some key free agents to bolster the pitching staff.

LHP Blake Snell

LHP Josh Hader

RHP Marcus Stroman

Sword also pulled the trigger on trading away two disgruntled prospects.

SS/2B/3B (A prospect) Oswald Peraza was dealt to the Orioles for 3B/1B and former Stoneman Teammate to Herzberg Coby Mayo (A Prospect). Coby is on the 26 man roster and will be the primary backup to both DJ LeMahieu and Anthony Rizzo at 3B and 1B respectively. Mayo has a blue chip frame of 6’7 and 230 lbs and continues to develop his raw power and bazooka arm. A great deal for both teams.

CF/OF (B Prospect) Jasson Dominguez was dealt to another AL East Rival in the Boston Red Sox for another Stoneman High School teammate of Herzberg in CF/OF Roman Anthony (B Prospect). Anthony won the 2022 National Title with Herzberg and is now reunited with him. It seems GM Michael Sword loved what he saw from Herzberg and felt "let me grab some more of these Stoneman kids”. All of them are high character, team players with unquestioned work ethics.

The days of giving 16 year old prospects millions seems to have come to an end with GM Michael Sword taking over the reigns from Brian Cashman after the flame out of 2023.

The projected lineup/batting order for your NY Yankees for opening day:

SS - Jacob Herzberg

CF - Aaron Judge

LF - Juan Soto

2B - Glyeber Torres

1B - Anthony Rizzo

DH -Giancarlo Stanton

RF - Alex Verdugo

C - Jose Trevino

3B - DJ LeMahieu

Bench

Utility Oswaldo Cabrera

3B/1B Coby Mayo

C/OF Hunter Nelson

Rotation:

Gerrit Cole

Blake Snell

Marcu Stroman

Nestor Cortes

Carlos Rodon

Bullpen:

LRP Luis Gil

MRP Victor Gonzales

MRP Tommy Kahnle

MRP Wandy Peralta

MRP Scott Effros

MRP Ian Hamilton

SU Jonathon Loaisiga

SU Clay Holmes

CP Josh Hader

The Yankees are set to begin their season tonight. Opening Day live on Twitch ArmorAndSword

At home vs the Giants to begin a 3 game set then the Phillies come to town before the Bombers head to Baltimore to face the strong and young Baltimore Orioles in Camden Yard.

Welcome to Yankees baseball on The Show 23!!!!

April 16th 2024

Yankees 15 games (6-9) into the season searching for some answers both offensively and in the rotation and pen

The Yankees are off to an uneven start to their 2024 campaign. A season opening winning series vs the Giants quickly turned into 7 game losing streak that found the Bombers asking some questions. They were able to get out of that funk reeling off a series sweep at Cleveland but now find themselves down 2-1 in a 4 game set vs the tough Twins.

Here are the game results from the first 15:

vs SF W 1-0

vs SF W 3-1

vs SF L 4-0

vs PHI L 9-7

vs PHI L 8-2

vs PHI L 2-0

@BAL L 4-0

@BAL L 8-1

@BAL L 6-1

@CLE W 4-3

@CLE W 7-2

@CLE W 5-2

vs MIN W 6-3

vs MIN L 9-5

vs MIN L 9-5

Leading Hitters Based on Minimum 30 AB’s

Giancarlo Stanton .364 3HR 6RBI

Juan Soto .291 3HR 10RBI

Aaron Judge .242 4HR 5RBI

SP

Blake Snell 2-1 2.01 ERA 1.03 WHIP 22.1 Innings 22 K’s

Gerrit Cole 1-1 1.23 ERA 0.73 WHIP 22 Innings 29K’s

M.Stroman 0-3 5.30 ERA 1.82 WHIP 18.2 Innings 10K’s

So it has been a tough go so far but GM Michael Sword feels patience is key here. “We have a great mix of veterans and young guys and they are learning to gel together and play for each other. We are undergoing somewhat of culture change here in NY and learning about more small ball, contact hitting and the transition has been tough. I need these guys to be more patient at the plate and Booney and I have had long late night discussions about getting away from sabermetrics and back to basics. He is embracing that. I believe this team is ready to get their instincts back......start playing more loose and free but with discipline at the plate and getting in their work on off days in the cages.

We will get going here very shortly. If we can split here with the Twins....we have another 6 straight games at home vs the Angels and Blue Jays and all of a sudden we reel off some wins here.....we are right in the thick of it.....this season is a marathon not a sprint and the press needs to relax a little here.

We are just getting started.

A lot of questions have been aimed at Boone and Sword about starting rookie Jacob Herzberg over Anthony Volpe. A late rounder over a first rounder. Also we have seen some Coby Mayo and Hunter Nelson and it seems the Yankees have a strong belief in their youngsters.

Aaron Judge was quoted “Herz is a great kid and he is one of us.....he will surprise all of you....just give him some time. Also Volpe will play a role and he will need to be here and be successful for us to achieve our goals going term. We love our new young guys.....Coby and Dumpy (Nelson) are gonna also produce when needed”

The Yankees play the Twins tonight in the series finale with Gerrit Cole on the bump vs Pablo Lopez.

April 27th 2024 Yankees (14-12) Reel Off 8 wins in their last 11

Heading into the last game vs the Twins the Yankees were looking to even this series and get back on track. The Yankees had won 5 of their last 7 heading into this series finale with the 1st place Twins. With Gerrit Cole on the bump the confidence level was high for a Series finale win. But things simply did not start that way. 3 runs in the top of the 1st put the Bombers behind the 8 ball out of the gate. And by the time we reached the bottom of the 9th the Twins had a 5-3 lead.

With Twins closer Jhoan Duran in it looked bleak. But a lead off single from Anthony Rizzo followed by another single from Alex Verdugo gave the Yankees hope. 2 on and no outs enter struggling 2B Gleyber Torres.

He would jack a first pitch fastball deep to LF for a walkout 3R HR!!!!! Yankees win!

Here are the game results since that riveting walkout win vs the Twins

vs Twins W 6-5

vs LAA W 8-7

vs LAA L 8-4

vs LAA W 13-2

vs TOR W 2-1

vs TOR W 5-4

vs TOR W 1-0

@MIN W 5-4

@MIN L 5-4

@MIN L 6-5

@TEX W 6-5

The Yankees would head out on a road trip that started in Minnesota and my goodness. All 3 games were walk off’s. The Yankees would walk off game 1 5-4 then the Twins would dramatically walk off games 2 and 3 in the series.

The Yankees then headed to Texas and won game 1 of their 4 game series 6-5.

We will have a full April statistical recap as we come to a close in our first month of the season. on May 1st the Yankees come home to face the Guardians whom they swept in Cleveland.

We will have that April recap this weekend. In the meantime every single game is on Twitch!!! I hope to see more of you join us live for 2024 Yankees baseball Year 1!!

2024 Yankees Year 1 May Recap

The Yankees came into May struggling with an overall 14-15 record. SS Rookie sensation Jacob Herzberg has been struggling at the big league level, Anthony Volpe has been sent down, some injury issues happened in May with Cole missing a start, Stanton and Torres landing on the IL as well. However the Yankees finished May 17-12 and end the month winning 7 of their last 10 heading into June.

Also some very shrewed moves were made by GM Michael Sword:

The Yankees traded:

SP Nestor Cortes Jr

SP Carlos Rodon

3B/2B/1B DJ LeMahieu to the Marlins for

LF Bryan De La Cruz

SP Jesus Luzardo

Lizard has been struggling big time and the Marlins wanted to move on from him....they got two proven LHP’s as well as DJ in return.....but the Marlins were not as they then dealt DJ to the Mets who wanted a veteran utility bat for Catching prospect Kevin Parada. The Marlins also unloaded veteran bullpen arms to the Mets in that deal dealing J.T. Chargois and RP David Robertson.

Sword was not done either. He then turned around and dealt CP Josh Hamer and reunited him with the Brewers for:

CP Devin Williams

RP Joel Payamps

Then Michael Sword went to the wire and signed veteran 3B Justin Turner to fill the hole at 3B the rest of this season. He was signed to a modest 1YR deal.

So your current lineup heading into June looks like this:

Jacob Herzberg SS

Aaron Judge RF

Juan Soto LF

Giancarlo Stanton DH

Anthony Rizzo 1B

Glyeber Torres 2B

Just Turner 3B

Alex Verdugo RF

Jose Trevino/Hunter Nelson C

Here are your YTD player statistics for your NY Yankees

2024 New York Yankees Stats - HittingNAMEABRH2B3BHRRBIBBSOSBCSBAOBPSLGAaron Judge2314569802250126500.299.332.619Jacob Herzberg2183554901122259264.248.322.303Alex Vergudo207164911021654300.237.256.319Juan Soto19741621101946214900.315.408.660Giancarlo Stanton1832250301024196600.273.342.454Anthony Rizzo171254510092794400.263.295.480Gleyber Torres167223841925123800.228.279.425Bryan De La Cruz158254980521152523.310.368.456Hunter Nelson12811378121133600.289.305.414Anthony Volpe7855100203600.064.076.153Jose Trevino78418302552600.231.299.346Franchy Cordero41511402601300.268.268.5122024 New York Yankees Stats - PitchingNAMEGPGSWLSVQSHLDIPHERHRBBSOWHIPERABlake Snell12126208077.17131423791.223.61Marcus Stroman12112706072.29036722471.544.46Gerrit Cole12123306072.058271013850.993.38Jesus Luzardo11111503044.158311016511.676.29Jonathan Loaisiga2201110731.2331042241.112.84Domingo German552202028.1341432211.274.45Luis Gil812101024.1271136241.364.07Victor Gonzalez1503000224.11972219.0862.59Devin Williams24001170023.02613710321.575.09Clay Holmes1805110321.01562522.0952.57Joel Payamps18021001019.222954141.324.12Wandy Peralta1201120317.0201119111.715.82Clarke Schmidt511101017.01510111121.535.29Tommy Kahnle1201100211.2221452162.0610.80

MLB Standings - Updated: Jun 1, 2024AL EASTWLGBRSRABlue Jays3225243209Orioles31250.5247239Yankees31271.525 3277Red Sox29272.5240243Rays28304.5274265AL CENTRALWLGBRSRATwins3819291214Guardians263011.5218 214Royals243213.5234261Tigers223315.0182226White Sox223616.5185255AL WESTWLGBRSRAAstros3521300235Rangers33221.5266 217Mariners32243.0240224Angels263210.0262270Athlet ics184018.0195291AL WILD CARD RACEWLGBRSRARangers3322Mariners3224Orioles3125Yank ees1.0Red Sox2.0rays28304.0NL EASTWLGBRSRABraves3819307215Mets36222.5249195Phill ies35212.5257228Marlins213617.0241308Nationals1838 19.5173273NL CENTRALWLGBRSRAPirates3025282270Reds29293.0270262B rewers26304.5229251Cubs26304.5262258Cardinals24337 .0226248NL WESTWLGBRSRADodgers3720269191Diamondbacks34233.029 3230Giants29288.0259229Padres243212.5191248Rockies 174120.5170262NL WILD CARD RACEWLGBRSRAMets3622Phillies3521Diamondbacks3423Gi ants29285.0Reds28296.0

Key Injuries Around The League

Orioles

Jackson Holiday 2-3 Months

Ryan Mountcastle 1-2 months

Red Sox

Connor Wong 3-4 weeks

Rafael Devers 2-3 weeks

Yankees

Jesus Luzardo 15 days

Luke Weaver 1-2 months

Rays

Isaac Paredes 1-2 months

Blue Jays

Whit Merrifield 1 week

Tigers

Matt Vierling 1-2 months

Royals

Freddy Fermin 3-4 weeks

Twins

Byron Buxton 5-6 Months

Astros

Jose Altuve 1-2 months

Rangers

Marcus Semien 3-4 weeks

Jacob deGrom 1-2 months

Nathan Eovaldi 2-3 weeks

Phillies

Alec Bohm 1-2 weeks

Zack Wheeler 3-4 weeks

Bryce Harper 1-2 months

Reds

Elly De La Cruz 1-2 months

Hunter Greene 2-3 weeks

Will Benson 5-6 months

D-Backs

Evan Longoria 2-3 weeks

Rockies

Charlie Blackmon 5-6 months

Dodgers

Mookie Betts 1-2 months

Teoscar Hernandez 1-2 months

Enrique Hernandez 3-4 weeks

Giants

Mike Yastrzemski 4-5 months
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
Follow me on Twitter

Last edited by Armor and Sword; 03-08-2024 at 01:21 PM.
Old 01-13-2024, 02:25 PM   #3
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Hardball Classics on The Show 23 Featuring Roster Creations by ATG Baseball, MK Knight, Bostongahden and more!!!

ATG 1985 Season Replay

The 1985 Major League Baseball season ended with the Kansas City Royals defeating the St. Louis Cardinals in the seventh game of the I-70 World Series. Bret Saberhagen, the regular season Cy Young Award winner, was named MVP of the Series. The National League won the All-Star Game for the second straight year.

The League Championship Series playoffs were expanded to a best-of-seven format beginning this year,[1] and both leagues ended up settling their pennant winners in more than five games, with the Royals beating the Toronto Blue Jays in seven games, and the Cardinals beating the Los Angeles Dodgers in six games. This was the first full season for Peter Ueberroth as commissioner.

There was a brief interruption during the regular season. The 1985 Major League Baseball strike occurred August 6 and 7, lasting only two days. The 25 cancelled games were for the most part made up later on in the season.

1985 was my golden age of baseball. I was 15 years young and an aspiring 3B. My favorite players from this era of baseball included Don Mattingly, Rickey Henderson, George Brett, Mike Schmidt, Wade Boggs, Tony Gwynn, Kirby Puckett, Roger Clemens, Nolan Ryan, Ozzie Smith, Andre Dawson, Tim Raines, Willie Randolph, just to name a few. Baseball was literally my life.

ATG Baseball has recreated both 1984 and 1985 with incredible detail and the love and passion oozes off the screen when you play this roster with all the rebrands and classic parks. I look forward to recreating this season and trying to change history for the 95 win Yankees.....yes 95 wins and they were on the outside looking in because back then.....only two teams from each league moved on the the post season. Back then the regular season meant everything. Not like today with 6 teams from each league advancing into the post season.

I will update this thread monthly with standings and stories from the year that was 1985!

Rise of the Ronin (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
Follow me on Twitter

Last edited by Armor and Sword; 01-22-2024 at 02:49 PM.
Old 01-13-2024, 09:33 PM   #4
MVP

TopSide83's Arena

Re: Armor & Sword/RaiderRen’s HOF Clean Screen MLB 23 Simulation Sliders (PS5)

HOF default plays a pretty solid game but it does need some small changes.

I’m glad to see you here armor since I’ve been playing a lot of 23 recently
Old 01-15-2024, 10:44 AM   #5
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

We will back at it tonight playing Yankees spring training and testing sliders!!

Hope to catch some of you peeps on the live streams.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-15-2024, 12:10 PM   #6
Pro

vertman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
We will back at it tonight playing Yankees spring training and testing sliders!!

Hope to catch some of you peeps on the live streams.

In my first 2 spring training games with the Yanks I have seen no shortage of offense for the CPU which is encouraging . This is on default HOF. Love the smoothness of the game. Still feeling things out but loving it so far.

Absolutely love the new bat sounds. I remember reading when the game came out that people loved it or hated it. Sounds pretty realistic to me

Old 01-15-2024, 01:01 PM   #7
MVP

LegendKillerOne's Arena

I cant seem to locate MrMet rosters anyone else been able to find it?
Old 01-15-2024, 01:09 PM   #8
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegendKillerOne
I cant seem to locate MrMet rosters anyone else been able to find it?

MrMet2488

He updates it daily so it should be on the first few pages of the roster vault

Rise of the Ronin (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
Follow me on Twitter

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »