Home

S & B’s MLB 2024 Simulation Sliders

This is a discussion on S & B’s MLB 2024 Simulation Sliders within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 04-13-2024, 02:07 PM   #345
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: S & B’s MLB 2024 Simulation Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadCoach2.0
I came back on the comeback programming.

I was up 2-1 in the bottom of the 9th and the first batter homered off of Diaz to tie the game. I got mad but I kept my concentration.

Lindor hit a 2 run homer in the top of the 10th inning after I already scored one to put me up 5-2.

The difference in this years game is the weaknesses in your team are going to come back to get you. For example Baty is just an average fielding 3B. So it is damn near a guarantee that in late inning crunch time that he is going to

have balls go off his glove or that he will misplay a ball somehow. In this years game it is a certainty.

Darth mentioned that you can't trust the guy that got you the first two outs.

I would add in that you must try to pitch away from your weakest fielders if possible. ESPECIALLY on the infield. You cannot depend on them to always make big plays for you.

This years game has different rules that you have to watch out for.

I am off from work Monday. By the time I go back to work I will be caught up to where the Mets are right now.

I played game one of this same series but with the Reds. I won 3-0, allowing only 6 hits, but I walked four. And with only 7 strikeouts, I was in a few major jams. One was bases loaded 1 out. Elly made a crazy play for the double play. Bouncing ball up the middle. He somehow gets to it, steps on the bag for one, and throw over to 1st for a really close double play to get out of the 5th inning there. Mets stranded at least 10 that game. Wind blowing in at 8mph stopped a homerun for the Mets maybe twice. I play first and last of series, and I'm going for the first sweep of the season with a current 5-3 record.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

https://www.youtube.com/DarthRambo
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-13-2024, 02:22 PM   #346
MVP

bryanm1982's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by northmen24
I must really suck at pitching. You guys are all wanting it to be harder. I can’t get strikeouts with any starting pitcher under an OVR of 75. What are some slight changes to get more User K’s that will make minimal gameplay changes.
I would say lower cpu timing and see if that helps. You could lower contact but that will affect their average a little.

https://twitch.tv/bryanm1982

Braves Franchise

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
Old 04-13-2024, 02:24 PM   #347
MVP

bryanm1982's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kramer5150
Been debating on whether I should just go ahead and update to the HOF 3.0 settings, I haven't been playing as much lately due to this crazy thing called life...lol

In looking over some of the changes being made though, as with last year Bryan always seems to get my interest, and wondering if I should just make the change.

One of the first changes that stood out to me (which I really like) is the fielder run speed and reaction, at the beginning I remember it was being tossed around at using 4/4 which I admit I liked better than default as this "opened" up the field more, at default it just seemed that no matter who was in the OF, hitting the gap was damn near impossible.

I also play with pitch speed at 6 as 7 was a bit to fast for my old eyes, and 5 just a bit too slow...also the last change I made (personal preference) was I ended up going back to meter pitching, while I totally understand and like the idea of classic being rating based, I just feel more comfortable with meter, and I still walk guys,throw in lower control and consistency and meter can be a pretty good challenge as well (imo).
Both versions will work good. I do like the lower fielder speed. It does open up the field.

Braves Franchise

Old 04-13-2024, 02:37 PM   #348
Pro

HeadCoach2.0's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthRambo
I played game one of this same series but with the Reds. I won 3-0, allowing only 6 hits, but I walked four. And with only 7 strikeouts, I was in a few major jams. One was bases loaded 1 out. Elly made a crazy play for the double play. Bouncing ball up the middle. He somehow gets to it, steps on the bag for one, and throw over to 1st for a really close double play to get out of the 5th inning there. Mets stranded at least 10 that game. Wind blowing in at 8mph stopped a homerun for the Mets maybe twice. I play first and last of series, and I'm going for the first sweep of the season with a current 5-3 record.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

The Reds are a tough team. They have a LOT of speed ! Elly has 99 speed.
If they get runners on base early in the inning they are a complete headache.

The Mets definitely have a batting lineup capable of winning 100 games but the only question is will the pitching hold up.

Without a dominate pitching staff the games are a lot tougher.
Old 04-13-2024, 04:52 PM   #349
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryanm1982
Both versions will work good. I do like the lower fielder speed. It does open up the field.
Do you see an abundance of doubles with fielder speed at 3?
Old 04-13-2024, 04:55 PM   #350
MVP

bryanm1982's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsgamingguy2023
Do you see an abundance of doubles with fielder speed at 3?
Actually, not as many as you would suspect.

Braves Franchise

Old 04-13-2024, 05:13 PM   #351
Rookie

MannybeingManny's Arena

OVR: 1

I restarted my franchise with the Franchise Fidelity roster and have been playing with these sliders. What a complete experience. A fantastic roster with a slider set that is recommended by the roster creator. Completely different experience than what I have had for quite some time. Having some fantastic games. For several years I’ve been chasing a experience that brings variety and although it’s certainly been a small sample size (about 15 games) it is refreshing to see things I haven’t experienced in this series in a long long time. I greatly appreciate the effort that has gone into the roster and slider set and look forward to being open to new experiences and breaking old habits that have been deeply embedded into me for the 19 years I’ve played this series.

“It's unbelievable how much you don't know about the game you've been playing all your life” -Mickey Mantle
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-13-2024, 05:38 PM   #352
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MannybeingManny
I restarted my franchise with the Franchise Fidelity roster and have been playing with these sliders. What a complete experience. A fantastic roster with a slider set that is recommended by the roster creator. Completely different experience than what I have had for quite some time. Having some fantastic games. For several years I’ve been chasing a experience that brings variety and although it’s certainly been a small sample size (about 15 games) it is refreshing to see things I haven’t experienced in this series in a long long time. I greatly appreciate the effort that has gone into the roster and slider set and look forward to being open to new experiences and breaking old habits that have been deeply embedded into me for the 19 years I’ve played this series.
I agree them 2 combine will have you hooked lol looks like it’ll be a great year of baseball. Thank you all for the hard work you guys put in

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »