Home

TNK 2015 Sliders

This is a discussion on TNK 2015 Sliders within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-01-2015, 06:17 AM   #9
3X MLBTS Champion

mlblover15's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: TNK 2015 Sliders

i had a feeling you were kicking out your test set soon...

my question for you and all the slider makers is this...

now that we have less balls caught in the outfield for hits will we be seeing less drastic shifts with the reactions slider and fielder speed slider?? cause every one of them last year was insane.

i mean reaction at 8 for most and speed down to like two in some cases... i never understood that mix at all..

but that is why i am not a slider god like you all lol...
Old 04-01-2015, 09:32 AM   #10
All Star

TNKNGM's Arena

OVR: 14

TNK TEST SLIDERS V1.0

The set has been posted to post #1 of the thread - I uploaded them to the vault under the name:

TNK TEST SLIDERS v1.0

Last edited by TNKNGM; 04-01-2015 at 09:54 AM.
Old 04-01-2015, 10:25 AM   #11
Rookie

jdmsi7's Arena

OVR: 4

Will try out test version later today
NHL: Boston Bruins
NCAA: Uconn Huskies and Michigan Wolverines
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2015, 10:40 AM   #12
All Star

TNKNGM's Arena

Please don't forget to rate the sliders when you download......there's always guys who down-vote other sliders to try to pump their own tires
Old 04-01-2015, 12:29 PM   #13
Rookie

SupremeYankee's Arena

OVR: 7

TNK, Ive been using your sliders for years with a few slight modifications of my own (mainly pitch speed 7 is way too slow for me personally) so I wanted to take a second and just toss a thank you your way for taking the time to get a base set going every year for me. While I may not use your set exactly as you have it set it is always the base for my own personal tests and for the most part we are 1-2 clicks away on almost everything so thanks again.
Old 04-01-2015, 05:55 PM   #14
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

TNK, can I ask your justification for the Wind slider at 4? Also same for fielder speed/reaction sliders set so high?
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 04-01-2015, 06:56 PM   #15
All Star

TNKNGM's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
TNK, can I ask your justification for the Wind slider at 4? Also same for fielder speed/reaction sliders set so high?
I had wind at 4 last year and figured that this would be a good starting point this year. I know the game seems to play a little bit better on default out of box sliders each year so this may be something that ends up at default.

Fielding sliders - I am starting with each of them one click closer to the middle ground. I've played a couple games and I think we have a good starting point.

I need a bunch of us to play a bunch of games in order to get a good feel for reaction time and fielders speed....along with throw speeds and runners speed to find that perfect balance.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2015, 08:54 PM   #16
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNKNGM
I had wind at 4 last year and figured that this would be a good starting point this year. I know the game seems to play a little bit better on default out of box sliders each year so this may be something that ends up at default.

Fielding sliders - I am starting with each of them one click closer to the middle ground. I've played a couple games and I think we have a good starting point.

I need a bunch of us to play a bunch of games in order to get a good feel for reaction time and fielders speed....along with throw speeds and runners speed to find that perfect balance.
Understood, so they are starting points for you.

I'll tell you what: I've had them as starting points already... can't hit balls over outfielders' heads, can't score from 2B on base hits, whiffing on a lot of fly balls I'm ranged underneath, too many throws are on-line, etc. My current slider set might not have touched the Human and CPU stuff very much yet, but it has been in the General stuff. For me, one thing is certain: outfielder are still too damn fast and throw too damn hard, perhaps also too accurately. They also can't catch much lol. Might want to test what I was working with (mine are also downloadable) to see if the slower game works out a little better?

As far as wind, I have an explanation in my thread, but it's basically a "ceiling raiser." It allows for stronger winds on any given day. In other words, 12 MPH is 12 MPH whether you swing the slider to 10 or 0 during that game. It doesn't change the severity of the MPH. It does, however, open up the possibility that on the next day your winds could be stronger. On MLB 12, I had winds blowing 45 MPH out to CF. While this may sound unrealistic, it was nice in that it diversified the effects for that particular game, if that made sense. Meanwhile, winds that blow in a heck of a lot make you know you just won't be hitting it out that day. Now I think they've toned down the ceiling much since that year and winds barely go that strong anyway, but it's nice to allow the option. This is why I always suggest having it set to 10.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »