Home

Legend default

This is a discussion on Legend default within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-07-2015, 07:55 AM   #9
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Legend default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shopejay
I don't normally go all out but I did and wow it was great! I played a Live game as the Mets against the Orioles! Baltimore beat me 4-0.. It really did feel good and very competitive at the same time. My brain hurts cause I was sitting almost on top of my 55" TV trying to concentrate!! Lol

Orioles. 4 10 0
Mets. 0 4 0

They had no walks and 3 K's, I had 1 walk and 13 K's.. The score was 2-0 going into the 9th but they got some hits and opened it to 4-0. I need to work on my plate discipline. I have a problem chasing and watching the good ones sail by. But I thought I did really well for the most part on Legend..
Play on Legend, and then add 1 point of contact, 1 point of power, and remove 1 point of foul frequency from the CPU.

The extra contact for me allows me to check more of my swings, especially when using the O button.

The extra power is just sort of needed because I hardly ever get any power hits without it.

And the drop in foul frequency for the CPU is in an attempt to make the K totals more realistic for them. They spoil so many good pitches (which makes it challenging), but I do want somewhat realistic numbers.

1 point in those categories makes it perfect for me right now. Hopefully I can remove the extra help as some point.
Old 05-07-2015, 09:01 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by cts50
Play on Legend, and then add 1 point of contact, 1 point of power, and remove 1 point of foul frequency from the CPU.

The extra contact for me allows me to check more of my swings, especially when using the O button.

The extra power is just sort of needed because I hardly ever get any power hits without it.

And the drop in foul frequency for the CPU is in an attempt to make the K totals more realistic for them. They spoil so many good pitches (which makes it challenging), but I do want somewhat realistic numbers.

1 point in those categories makes it perfect for me right now. Hopefully I can remove the extra help as some point.

Thanks for the advice.. I will give it a try and let you know how that works for me. I know I need better dicisipline but at the same time I'm hoping to exceed at this level. "I ain't talking about practice!!" Lmao!!
Old 05-07-2015, 10:56 PM   #11
Rookie

Legend by far the best. Elevates the wants and needs to sign the big free agents and pick up the right draft picks in Franchise mode. Legend expands the game simulation.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-11-2015, 01:16 AM   #12
Rookie

Ok guys! Here is another Legend Default and let me tell you what... I'm sticking with it!! I played as the Phillies vs the Marlins!! Final score was 7-6 Marlins! What a game, I was seeing K's and walks, and had an absolute blast!!

Marlins 7 10 1
Phillies 6 11 1

Stanton got the offense going with a HR in the top of the first... I tied the game up in the third and still tied heading to the 7th, they proceeded to put up a 4 spot with a homerun and 3 doubles as they put up 4 runs on 6 hits in the inning. Came up in my half inning and I turned around and put up 3 runs on 2 hits with a walk, that consisted of Utley scoring on a wild pitch and Howard jacking a two run shot. Score after 7 was 6-5 Marlins finished 7-6 final.
They had 1 walk and 6 K's and I had 3 walks and 12 K's. Most of those K's came in the later innings for me. I was so impressed with my discipline!!!
Also, they had 8 extra base hits on 10 hits and I had 4 out of 11. Very solid Default Legend is!!
Old 06-09-2015, 02:46 PM   #13
Rookie

Baseball Purist's Arena

So I rolled with legend (contact at 4) for pitching for about 25-30 game's in my franchise as I was finding HOF (contact at 4) a tad too easy.

For stretches it was fun, and other times I was asking why am I torturing myself? The amount of contact and solid hits was absurdly high. If you're trying to beat the CPU with fastballs, no matter how well they are placed, most of the time on legend that ball is getting smacked hard somewhere.

You will also see the CPU get a good percentage of hits on pitches that their PCI was no where near which is frustrating, but I suppose should be the expected result of playing on Legend.

Legend is an intense, yet enjoyable experience for a few games, but probably not a preferred level for any sustainable length of time. It probably didn't help I was playing with the Braves, but I was able to get my record back to a more realistic level, and will probably finish my franchise out on HOF default.
Old 07-13-2015, 03:24 PM   #14
Rookie

I keep going back to legend mode. I just don't get that same feeling when I win on lower difficulties. You guys using generated counts?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »