Home

Hall of Fame (Pure Analog Pitching)

This is a discussion on Hall of Fame (Pure Analog Pitching) within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-10-2016, 12:34 PM   #17
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25
Re: Hall of Fame (Pure Analog Pitching)

I want to revive this thread a bit. I'm still in love with analog pitching. I've tried every other methods but I always come back to analog.

I'm curious how many of you guys still use this and especially how many of you guys use it on Hall of Fame difficulty. It's really the perfect balance for me aside from just a couple things that I may try to tweak with sliders. People that don't use analog pitching always say that it's too easy to hit your spots. I would make the same argument for those who use meter or pulse. Eventually you kind of master the mechanic. I get that. But I have definitely walked some batters using analog and missed some spots, badly.

With that being said, however, I would like to issue more walks. I'm considering turning pitch consistency and pitch control down but at the same time I should probably adjust the CPU's hitting a bit to compensate. Ultimately, I'm hoping to find as close to perfect sliders/gameplay for analog pitching as possible.

I've tried classic before (as I've said previously) and while I think it might produce the most "realistic" results in terms of walk totals, I just can't take user input completely out of the equation in this game. I don't want to start a "interface war" of this is better or that is better, but I don't understand how using classic pitching is anything more than just calling pitches. I want to do more than that when I'm on the mound.

Streaming on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/gagnon39
Old 04-11-2016, 11:16 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 0

I started a franchise a few days ago and have been using Analog pitching on HoF. Analog has been my go-to pitching method since it was introduced. I'm 5 games in and have a 2.40 ERA. I'm near the bottom of the league in strikeouts though, with 35, and have only walked one batter to this point.

I'm playing without sliders, but I've found myself on this specific forum today to change that. I don't want to finish the year with 30 walks allowed. At the same time, I'm worried that any changes I make will also decrease my already low K-rate.

My experience is a small sample size to this point though. I'll keep playing and continue to monitor the results.
Old 04-11-2016, 11:45 AM   #19
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25

I get a decent amount of K's. And my ERA is in an acceptable range. My only issue is that I don't issue as many walks as I'd like. But I've found this to be the case with just about any other interface. It's really to the point where I'm just going to have to accept the fact that I'm going to lead the league in fewest walks.

Streaming on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/gagnon39
Old 04-12-2016, 04:22 PM   #20
Just started!

OVR: 0

I have always used analog pitching and also love the way it feels. This year for the first time I'm using dynamic difficulty, and REALLY enjoying my progress. Been sitting on HOF+ for a week now and I think that's the sweet spot for me. Through three weeks of my franchise (Blue Jays) team ERA and K's are middle of the pack with the league. My BB rate has happily increased since tweaking human pitcher control and consistency sliders, which I believe are at 0 and 1 respectively.

The most attractive thing about this year's game is how unpredictable certain elements of gameplay are. There are games where I'll be unexpectedly dominant with my #4 starter up through four innings, then fall apart due to a rash of walks and missed locations. There are games where my ace dominates, and games where he eats it. A month into the season, everything has regressed towards the real life averages really nicely, although I'm still tweaking sliders here and there.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »