Home

Analog pitching.

This is a discussion on Analog pitching. within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-29-2015, 03:07 PM   #1
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25
Analog pitching.

I find analog pitching to be the most fun but I'm trying to find a good balance to where I issue walks. I'd say that on average, I probably issue 1-2 per game at the most. I keep bouncing back between All-Star and Hall of Fame for pitching, each of them give me some issues.

All-Star: Often times I just feel too dominant. I have pitch control and consistency lowered to 1 (for human) and I still issue just 1-2 walks per game. However, I get good strikeout numbers and I like the CPU hitting on this level as there is a great variety of hits.

Hall of Fame: I really like the challenge on this mode and I generally feel like I issue more walks (no numbers to back this up). However, my strikeout numbers are always way down and it seems like everything the CPU gets a bat on is hit 700 miles per hour.

Overall I think I like All-Star for pitching but I just basically need to make it so that I have a little less control of my pitches without it getting ridiculous. Finding that balance is tough, at least for me.

Do any of you guys have good analog pitching sliders you use on All-Star difficulty?

Streaming on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/gagnon39
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-29-2015, 07:21 PM   #2
It Appears I Blue Myself

CBoller1331's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Analog pitching.

I definitely know where youre coming from. I went through the same problem--started to dominate on all-star, then felt like i was getting crushed on Hall of Fame. I was using TNK's sliders on All-Star, and just made a few adjustments when i moved up--im pretty sure I put CPU solid hits and contact down one and it was pretty good. Im still able to dominate some games, but it is definitely not the guaranteed 7 shutout innings that it was on All-Star.

On HOF it is much more important to work the edges. And its better against the good hitters to try miss out of the strikezone--make sure the guy has no chance to drive the ball. There will be some pitches you make that were swings-and-misses on All-Star that get put 40 feet over the fence on HOF, so just be aware of that. I am for sure getting a much better mix of games at HOF so id recomend staying!

Thanks Peyton. #18
Old 12-29-2015, 11:52 PM   #3
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25

For me it really comes down to trying to decide the following:

Do I want to play on All-Star and nerf my pitching, making it more difficult for me to hit my spots. Or, do I want to play on Hall of Fame and try and nerf CPU hitting, making them have solid contact less often and creating more swing and misses?

I think ultimately All-Star seems to be the best route to go. It's kind of a middle-of-the-road difficulty but I just don't want to have a team ERA of 1.50 every year. I really do like the challenge of Hall of Fame but the fact that my top pitchers rarely sniff 10 K's in a game kind of kills it for me. Especially with a guy like Jake Arrieta. I'm wondering if there's been any changes made to the gameplay for MLB 16.

Streaming on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/gagnon39
Old 12-30-2015, 01:20 AM   #4
It Appears I Blue Myself

CBoller1331's Arena

OVR: 0

My strikeouts have definitely been down, but as long as I dont fall into a pattern I am still able to strike guys out on HOF.

Either way, I hope you find a good middle ground on either level

Thanks Peyton. #18

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »