Home

Itbeme23 True Simulation Sliders - 2016

This is a discussion on Itbeme23 True Simulation Sliders - 2016 within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-31-2016, 05:18 PM   #25
MVP

OVR: 9
Re: Itbeme23 True Simulation Sliders - 2016

Great start!

Did you enjoy the game style? I am a pitcher, so I love the defensive game, so I would be very happy with those lines.

Now, swap the Contact and the Solid for the CPU, and do me one more favour.

Now set your Pitching Skill level to Legend.

Play two games.

Report back with finding and feelings.
~syf
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2016, 06:17 PM   #26
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Yeah I did. I like how the game played out. Nothing seemed too cheap or "WTF" inducing.

Legend? Legend?!

Well...we'll see. I have bad bad bad memories trying HoF on classic pitching...and now I'm going to try Legend.
Old 03-31-2016, 06:38 PM   #27
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20

I tried the pitcher control/consistency at 0/0 for a game. Mind you, I already have it set low at 2/1...

Angels vs A's, I'm the Angels. Also I must point out I strictly use quick counts because I need to finish games quicker with a one year old, and helps draw more walks on both sides. I truly feel quick coubts is the best feature ever implented in a sports game, period. I finished this game in 45min with an 11-4 final score.

Anyways, my walks were definitely up this game! Starting pitchers were M. Shoemaker for the Angels vs C. Bassitt for the A's.

Shoemaker as a 4th starter was tremendous after the 1st inning where he gave up 2 runs early. His final line was:
8ip 2h 3er 3bb 10k 103 pitches.

Bassitt started well but the 6th inning was rough. Final line:
5.1ip 7h 5er 3bb 7k. Their bullpen struggled too, pitching 2.2ip 5h 6er 4bb 1k as a whole, with Rodriguez walking 3 himself.

I walked only 3, and struckout 11 total (cpu hitting sliders at 5). They walked me 7 times with 8 strikeouts.

I think 0/0 will be fine for user, but 0/1 for cpu might be best. They hit two batters in the game too which would technically be 9 walks with those.

I hit on Veteran, and Allstar pitching. And again I play strictly quick counts, but in my experience a good slider set will work fine with or without using QC.
Old 03-31-2016, 07:00 PM   #28
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20

Now playing Astros @ Red Sox. This time Keuchel vs Price to test out pitching sliders. 0/0 for user, 0/1 for cpu. Pitching on Allstar, hitting on Veteran. Using quick counts.

Update: Scoreless game through 5 innings. Gotta go eat with the fam. Finish when I get back. Definitely a pitchers duel! Keuchel has forced me into three gidp, killing any momentum. Price striking boys out all game.

I'm thinking of lowering human contact to 4 on Veteran level. I don't swing and miss enough imo.

Last edited by DarthRambo; 03-31-2016 at 08:42 PM.
Old 03-31-2016, 07:26 PM   #29
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSalsa
I think 0/0 will be fine for user, but 0/1 for cpu might be best. They hit two batters in the game too which would technically be 9 walks with those.
The HBP/WP is why I don't like low consistency for CPU if you keep it low control (which I prefer). 6 or 7 consistency (can't decide which is better, but 6 might be fine) is what I use. Helps keep the HBP/WP down most of the time. I keep CPU control low (not zero but it's low).
Old 03-31-2016, 07:32 PM   #30
MVP

ninertravel's Arena

OVR: 0

I don't think you need much change on your 15 sliders, that I have used so much variety just like MLB I have had 1-0 wins 2-1 wins last night a 7-4 win I hit Hammels for 5 runs in the first innings, the key is to play as different teams different stadiums different pitchers. and I am getting a variety of games. with Aces being great and Aces having a bad day, or not as good pitchers having a good day. I am striking out a lot more but I have been chasing to much.

Sam issue as before though where CPU will take out starters out to soon if the game is close regardless of pitch count, even if set to 0, then they leave RP in to long and you gotta change the slider halfway through the game!

ONE thing I have noticed is I am seeing a HELL of a lot of passed balls this year I hardly seen any last year Could that be tied in with the errors slider??? Seem to get caught stealing more too anyone know the league % last year of stealing and caught stealing?
Old 03-31-2016, 07:35 PM   #31
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

Game 1 still in progress with Legend Classic pitching and 0/0 human pitch sliders.

Losing 4-3, batting in the Top 7th.

Going to pull my rookie Will Bullock (fictional) after a gutsy performance.

6 IP, 7 H, 4 R, 4 ER, 4 BB, 3 K, .285 BABIP

Big damage was a 3-run HR in the 3rd. We were down 4-1 at that point. He battled and was able to escape a bases loaded situation in the 5th with no runs scored.

That seems in line with his ratings - 70's H/9, 40's BB/9, 50's K/9. K's weren't there for him (had like 1 through four innings) but he is below average there right now and might not have had his top stuff. Won't judge the K's too much yet. Might sim until Boeve's next start just to test with a top power arm.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2016, 07:35 PM   #32
MVP

ninertravel's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
The HBP/WP is why I don't like low consistency for CPU if you keep it low control (which I prefer). 6 or 7 consistency (can't decide which is better, but 6 might be fine) is what I use. Helps keep the HBP/WP down most of the time. I keep CPU control low (not zero but it's low).
Yep your right I keep getting to many Wild Pitches too when it's on 0 I am also sick of the commentators crapping on that 50% first pitch strikes are not good enough!!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »