Home

Dynamic difficulty

This is a discussion on Dynamic difficulty within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-06-2016, 07:45 AM   #1
Rookie

Joeythebigboss's Arena

OVR: 0
Dynamic difficulty

Question does the dynamic difficulty in Franchise mode actually work I feel like the difficulty is not adjusting my guys are beasting. Does dynamic difficulty just take a long time to adjust properly ?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2016, 01:48 PM   #2
MVP

HypoLuxa13's Arena

Re: Dynamic difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeythebigboss
Question does the dynamic difficulty in Franchise mode actually work I feel like the difficulty is not adjusting my guys are beasting. Does dynamic difficulty just take a long time to adjust properly ?
I believe the higher you go, the slower it adjusts. So starting at Beginner, it goes up to Rookie almost immediately if you get a couple hits, then will take a little longer to get to Rookie+, and longer still to bump up to Veteran, etc.

I've adjusted the Dynamic Difficulty slider, I can't say for certain that has much impact other than if you move it all the way to the Left (0), it does indeed lock in the Difficulty so it won't change. Moving it all the way to the right (10), I can't say the rate that the difficulty changes is noticeably different. I'm on Veteran+ for hitting w/zone and All Star for pitching w/classic right now.
Old 04-06-2016, 01:54 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ty-2016-a.html

As mentioned in that thread, you can only promote one difficulty step per game. It adjusts by OPS, which means the more extra base hits you get, the faster you'll promote.

So yes, it's kind of a slow process. More so if you're struggling at the lower levels. There is a slider that changes the progress rate though, so try that if you really don't want to wait to get to higher levels.

I'm at HOF on both pitching and batting, so I know it works in normal gameplay. There's a bug stopping DD with RTTS hitting from working properly, though.
Old 04-06-2016, 02:54 PM   #4
MVP

XxKnicksRules215xX's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ty-2016-a.html

As mentioned in that thread, you can only promote one difficulty step per game. It adjusts by OPS, which means the more extra base hits you get, the faster you'll promote.

So yes, it's kind of a slow process. More so if you're struggling at the lower levels. There is a slider that changes the progress rate though, so try that if you really don't want to wait to get to higher levels.

I'm at HOF on both pitching and batting, so I know it works in normal gameplay. There's a bug stopping DD with RTTS hitting from working properly, though.
HOF on both, yeesh I thought I was good and I'm nowhere near that.
Old 04-06-2016, 06:19 PM   #5
Rookie

Joeythebigboss's Arena

Thanks a lot for the responses guys.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »