Home

Upping user strikeout totals

This is a discussion on Upping user strikeout totals within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-01-2016, 08:50 PM   #1
RC3
Rookie

OVR: 0
Upping user strikeout totals

I have played many games this season and I am not striking out no where nearly enough... I was using armors sliders and have since tweaked them to try to strikeout more.

I have my timing dropped down to 3 and have both pitch speeds cranked up to 10, but still average around only 3 Ks a game. I thought about the contact slider, and that is my next option (it is at default 5 currently). All suggestions welcome.

The rest of the game is close to dialed in to where I want it to be with some other tweaks, but me hardly ever striking out is the most major issue. Thanks for any input.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2016, 05:13 AM   #2
Banned

BegBy's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Upping user strikeout totals

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC3
I have played many games this season and I am not striking out no where nearly enough... I was using armors sliders and have since tweaked them to try to strikeout more.

I have my timing dropped down to 3 and have both pitch speeds cranked up to 10, but still average around only 3 Ks a game. I thought about the contact slider, and that is my next option (it is at default 5 currently). All suggestions welcome.

The rest of the game is close to dialed in to where I want it to be with some other tweaks, but me hardly ever striking out is the most major issue. Thanks for any input.
Despite my hitting woes I still don't strike out nearly enough. Through lots of experimentation I have concluded that contact and control are by far and away the most influential sliders for all things hitting. Risking too many pop ups and hits that find gloves in an almost scripted fashion is what you'll get once you start getting struck out at a realistic pace. The sliders just don't really allow for a happy medium. In my opinion, that is. People who hit better in general will likely disagree but I'd prefer to not hit that well and have a legitimate threat of being struck out. Pitch speed is also huge, but you're already maxed out.

I think the problem lies with rng, pitcher k rating and people not liking misses. It seems to me I only miss when my timing is good. I can be very late and still make contact. Odd for it to be this way. Nobody likes reading that they've missed with good swing timing and you kinda just have to shrug it off as rng. Outside of that, it's my opinion that pitchers need higher k ratings in general. It's truly impressive how even mediocre pitchers can get strike outs in real baseball. Unless I chase or just really have a crappy at bat - most pitchers in game don't pose a threat in that regard. Maybe simulation stats are at risk if k ratings are increased across the board. The hybrid roster set is in the making currently and I've always found that makes the game play remarkably better, so for some purposes it'll help you when it drops.

Good luck! I too wish I could strike out more...as odd as that seems.
Old 05-02-2016, 08:21 AM   #3
Pro

Scrapps's Arena

OVR: 14

I find myself in a similar situation. I like where my offensive numbers are at, yet I'm only striking out 2-4 times a game. I think a roundabout way of dealing with this issue, might be to edit player ratings. Perhaps, lower Plate vision (or whatever attribute that is) by 10, or so. If a player's swing timing is adequate, they simple don't miss enough.
Old 05-02-2016, 12:14 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

I guess I just suck at hitting.

(since I started tracking seriously)

In my two fantasy franchises, I'm missing on 27% of my swings.

In my Marlins carryover, I'm missing 24% of my swings.

I don't worry about the K's themselves - that will come and go depending on when I miss. But if I miss two swings and contact the third to avoid the K, that could have very well been a foul and two misses to K.

My K's totals in those games:
3, 6, 10, 3, 3, 3, 5, 10, 3, 7, 7, 4, 7, 4, 11

Maybe my players have low vision or I'm just a scrub, but I don't have much issue with missing. K's come and go.
Old 05-02-2016, 01:26 PM   #5
RC3
Rookie

OVR: 0

Thanks for the feedback... I think I'm going to leave the computer pitcher at 5 and 5 and drop my contact a click to 4 and keep timing at 3 and see where it goes. After over 50 games my BA is probably a little too high as well, although it's 50 games over about 3-7 different franchise starts my BA is around 285-300... and that's just too high for the Angels now adays. And really too high for any team period. I know there's highs and lows, but my hitting is pretty dialed in after so many games and it won't get worse unless the stats/numbers/ratings/sliders do that for me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2016, 02:28 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC3
Thanks for the feedback... I think I'm going to leave the computer pitcher at 5 and 5 and drop my contact a click to 4 and keep timing at 3 and see where it goes.

Or try the reverse - 3 contact, 4 timing. If you're thinking vision/discipline is doing too much, lowering contact more will help diminish that with the timing slider decreasing the smaller timing window aspect.
Old 05-03-2016, 09:06 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 24

Reducing Contact would work great as you already suggested.

Increasing CPU Pitch Consistency would help a lot also.

Same with increasing the difficulty level

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »