Home

FenwayMac Variety Hitting and Scoring Sliders

This is a discussion on FenwayMac Variety Hitting and Scoring Sliders within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-12-2016, 12:44 AM   #17
Pro

OVR: 3
Re: FenwayMac Variety Hitting and Scoring Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanYouRead
Will give these a try with my Orioles franchise. Will play the first 10 games and will provide some feedback!
Great! I would love to hear how these work with other teams. A lot of power on Baltimore as well, so it will be interesting to see how it goes.
Old 06-12-2016, 09:54 AM   #18
MVP

tc020791's Arena

OVR: 1

You do realize that in your two box scores there's a total of like 4 or 5 strike outs between all 4 teams. That is absurdly low.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-12-2016, 12:56 PM   #19
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc020791
You do realize that in your two box scores there's a total of like 4 or 5 strike outs between all 4 teams. That is absurdly low.

Yeah, I don't get s lot of k's with Wright. His knuckleball just sort of does what it does, which is mainly to induce fly balls. As for Price, that particular game he was just piling up ground ball outs.

Admittedly, i don't strike out a ton. I have always found a way to lay off the junk and and least make weak contact on most pitches. I am guessing that if I increase hitting to Hall of Fame ( I hit on All Star) that may cause for strikeouts. Maybe increase pitch speed?

As for CPU, what slider would you suggest that would cause more strikeouts without making their offense anemic? Thanks!
Old 06-12-2016, 01:04 PM   #20
MVP

tc020791's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwayMac
Yeah, I don't get s lot of k's with Wright. His knuckleball just sort of does what it does, which is mainly to induce fly balls. As for Price, that particular game he was just piling up ground ball outs.

Admittedly, i don't strike out a ton. I have always found a way to lay off the junk and and least make weak contact on most pitches. I am guessing that if I increase hitting to Hall of Fame ( I hit on All Star) that may cause for strikeouts. Maybe increase pitch speed?

As for CPU, what slider would you suggest that would cause more strikeouts without making their offense anemic? Thanks!

Foul frequency

Old 06-12-2016, 03:01 PM   #21
Pro

i went back to my box score from last evening at the Yankees to check strikeouts on box sides. As follows:

Porcello/Uehara/Kimbrel = 9K's
Sabathia/Shreve = 9K's.

I think that the K's will tend to ebb and flow, BUT I also ran a few numbers

My batting strikeouts per game = 4.67
Actual MLB Red Sox Strikeouts per game = 7.34
Lowest actual MLB Strikeouts per game = 6.04 (LA Angels)

So, my numbers run a bit low. I am making a lot of contact. I don't know if foul ball frequency would help out much as I am going deep in the count practically every at bat, but maybe? I would be interested to hear other gamers number in this category.

As for my pitching K's per game:

My pitching K's per game = 6.77 per game
Actual MLB Red Sox pitching K's per game = 8.63
Lowest actual MLB pitching K's per game = 6.87 (Rangers)
Highest franchise pitching K's per game = 8.71 (Padres)
Lowest franchise pitching K's per game = 6.12 (Braves)

I rank 26th in the league, but am grouped within five K's of being in the top 20. I do tend to pitch for contact more often, especially if it is later at night and I want to wrap things up, but these are definitely numbers I will keep an eye on and report back at the next 10-game mark.

Anybody else using these sliders able to report their strikeout and K numbers?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2016, 09:04 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 0

Played 2 games so far. Not near the system right now. But I'm loving the sliders they do tend to give me hits that I have yet to see so far in this game. I am currently 2-0. The first game Ubaldo Jimenez struck out 6 and the bullpen wrapped up the win. Orioles had 10 hits. Trumbo and Schoop went deep. Second game Orioles won 1-0 on a Tillman CG shutout. Orioles had 7 hits while Trumbo drove in the lone run. the Twins had 5 hits. Will play some more games and will have up box scores.
Old 06-12-2016, 09:29 PM   #23
MVP

JaFFiTh's Arena

OVR: 7

I believe if you want more strike out, lower the timing... it seems to help. I'm sure I saw somewhere it is supposed to help with the strikeouts so I'm not sure. It sure worked for me lol

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
Old 06-12-2016, 09:39 PM   #24
MVP

tc020791's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaFFiTh
I believe if you want more strike out, lower the timing... it seems to help. I'm sure I saw somewhere it is supposed to help with the strikeouts so I'm not sure. It sure worked for me lol

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Doesn't affect their batting average though as well as XBH

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »