Home

Armor & Sword & Marino's MLB The Show 17 Timed/Classic Simulation All-Star Sliders

This is a discussion on Armor & Sword & Marino's MLB The Show 17 Timed/Classic Simulation All-Star Sliders within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-30-2017, 10:18 AM   #137
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Armor & Sword & Marino's MLB The Show 17 Timed/Classic Simulation All-Star Slider

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdiggitydawg
Quick question Sir,

I will be playing on a regular high def tv, not 4k...regular ps4.... do you anticipate the pitching speeds to be the same...or will I not be able to "See" the pitches as well as those on the higher end, newer tvs?

Thanks for any feedback.
I will comment on this after I play it on my sons regular PS4 on a 1080P tv. Stay tuned.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 03-30-2017, 10:20 AM   #138
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Armor & Sword & Marino's MLB The Show 17 Timed/Classic Simulation All-Star Slider

Quote:
Originally Posted by kt-od
A&S,

I love the sliders man. They are producing some great games. The only thing I changed is fouls. I know fouls at 3 are creating accurate 7-8 pitch sequences, but I hate a lot of fouls, so I had to change it haha.

Thanks for the sliders.

So you lowered it more? Or am I misunderstanding what that slider does

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 03-30-2017, 10:23 AM   #139
MVP

kt-od's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by The JareBear
So you lowered it more? Or am I misunderstanding what that slider does

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Yes, I lowered it to 1.
Old 03-30-2017, 10:27 AM   #140
Pro

Short sample size. I've played with your sliders in the past. I haven't played this game in two years.

1st game played vs the Mariners (King Felix) as the Orioles.

The first inning I batted around scoring 4 Runs. I ends up with 17 hits scoring 10 runs. I had 3 home runs and only 1 extra base hit.

The Mariners had 2 home runs that gave them a total of 4 Runs. They ended with 9 hits.

I was using Bundy as a pitcher and had plans to pull him in the fifth but wanted to see.how.he would.do with stamina and confidence. He mad it to the 8th inning. Almost looked like he got stronger as game went on.

I plan to do 10 more games on these settings. All star hitting and pitching to get a better sample. Next would be to move hitting to Veteran.

Thanks for everything you do with these sliders guys. It's a good baseline to perfect them to everyone's favorite game.
Old 03-30-2017, 10:32 AM   #141
Rookie

jmel07's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
I will comment on this after I play it on my sons regular PS4 on a 1080P tv. Stay tuned.
I can say that I've been using your sliders for the past two years, and that I have 10 games under my own test season so far and I've not had any problems at 5/5 for the two pitch speeds and I'm on PS4 and on a non-4K TV. I've not yet increased the offspeed pitch speed to 7, but I probably will because I'm waaaaaaaaaaaaay ahead of those pitches and it's leading to some really bad swings and high strikeout totals.

A&S, Can you comment if that's the reason why you pushed it upward? I like to know if we're solving the same type of issue.

Last edited by jmel07; 03-30-2017 at 10:54 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-30-2017, 10:48 AM   #142
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Streaming Now!!!!
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 03-30-2017, 11:03 AM   #143
Stop! Homer Time!

theaub's Arena

OVR: 35

These have worked quite well for me so far.

First game, I took Chris Sale to the woodshed. Second game, I got no-hit through 9 (yay JA Happ for saving me) by Taylor Jungmann. Quite the difference. Been pretty even from thereon out.

One thing - I've found through 10-15 games or so that keeping strike frequency/pitcher control etc at 5 actually helps in allowing both the user/CPU to take more pitches. I've found with the lower control it just ends up with a ton of pitches hanging over the middle, which in turn exacerbates the HR problem because the CPU just floats terrible mistake pitches down the middle early in AB's. With the default pitcher control it definitely feels like the pitchers have a bit more of a plan. For example for the Jungmann game, the guy just got confident with his FB and just sat on the outside black the entire time. I drew 4 walks but anytime he busted me inside it was out of the zone and I'd get jammed. It was a glorious pitching display that I've never seen from the CPU in this game before. Then some reliever dude came in, hung a 3-1 curveball and it went about 900 feet the other way to end it.

Basically every game I've played with lowered pitcher control/consistency/strike frequency, I've had way more trouble drawing walks, but especially with the middle of the Jays lineup I can just sit on a first pitch up in the zone and basically hit a bomb at will every cycle through the order because the CPU has no hope of spotting five straight first pitches where they want it. Not sure if anyone else is seeing something similar.

Last edited by theaub; 03-30-2017 at 11:05 AM.
Old 03-30-2017, 11:38 AM   #144
Stop! Homer Time!

theaub's Arena

OVR: 35

Right now I've kept it all at 5 and the strike/ball ratios have been fine, and I've drawn 2+ walks every game (and should probably be 5+ for most but I am just awful at laying off low pitches on 3-2 counts).

I guess to clarify my question for the TC's (as my intention isn't to hijack the thread) - is there an underlying benefit to keeping them lower? Back in the day it was an absolute necessity to keep the strike frequency down because the CPU just pounded the zone otherwise, but it seems way better this year (didn't play '15/'16 a ton so my past frame of reference is really '14).

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »