Home

Nobody thinks CPU throws too many strikes?

This is a discussion on Nobody thinks CPU throws too many strikes? within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-04-2018, 07:56 AM   #17
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: Nobody thinks CPU throws too many strikes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by slthree
I’m looking through the various slider threads and I don’t see anyone lowering CPU strike frequency or control

I’m a little puzzled by that because my experience has been that the cpu is throwing way too many strikes and nearly all first pitch strikes

Now I’m second-guessing myself because I’ve been following these slider guys for years and they can’t all be wrong.
Just using the base set I've walked more this yr than last. I think they did a good job of getting that part down. Especially on higher difficulty lvls. Playing on all star, I usually can manage 2 or so walks a game. Some games I won't walk, but for the most part I really don't see the need to adjust that particular slider...
Old 04-05-2018, 01:50 AM   #18
MVP

Houston's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Nobody thinks CPU throws too many strikes?

Strike Frequency:

- Raising this makes the CPU throw more early strikes, lowering this makes the CPU throw more early balls. In my opinion, lowering this slider makes the balls seen early in count feel artificial, I really can't explain it any other way.

Depending on this slider to net you more walks is a bad idea because it'll put the CPU behind in the count too often, thus giving you too many hittable pitches throughout the game as the CPU will be down in the count 2-0, 3-1 too often.

Also this slider has no affect later in the count so it doesn't affect how often the CPU will actually throw ball 4.

I suggest keeping this slider at DEFAULT (or very near default) while using CPU pitcher control and consistency to get the CPU pitching realistically.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »