Home

Mike Lowe MLB The Show '18 Sliders

This is a discussion on Mike Lowe MLB The Show '18 Sliders within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 04-26-2018, 11:22 PM   #329
MVP

OVR: 0
Mike Lowe MLB The Show '18 Sliders

Like these a lot Mike. Using everything except I have pitch speed at 9 and, my question, I have SP stamina at 7 and RP stamina at 3. Wondering why you settled on 5 for both (sorry if you explain or discuss it elsewhere).

In my experience RP at 5 tends to have RPs available at full or near-full stamina quite a bit, even on three consecutive days. I much prefer it so that a RP is “unavailable” the day after a longish outing and certainly unavailable after pitching two or three days in a row. Not really seeing that with RP stamina at 5.

And as for SP stamina, just today I had Daniel Norris (70 stamina) run out of energy (literally “out of energy”) at 85 pitches. Seems like if I had SP stamina at 5 he would have been out of energy at 75 or even 70 pitches, which is patently ridiculous. Just wondering your thoughts. Cheers man. Great sliders.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Last edited by Detroit Tigers; 04-26-2018 at 11:25 PM.
Old 04-27-2018, 12:20 PM   #330
All Star

Mike Lowe's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Mike Lowe MLB The Show '18 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by NolanRyansSnowmonkey
Loving the sliders and the Youtube streams and videos, Mike!

Speaking of large scale data, do you keep track of total stats in the areas we focus on the most, namely stats like human babip, batting average, hr, xbh, etc, since the first game these sliders were used?

Just curious of what people are seeing as a whole after accumulating 20 or more games.

Mine look pretty good game to game, but when I average out all the games, my babip and batting average has crept lower and lower without really noticing it. But overall they are both too low. I'm usually a really good hitter as I'm very patient and selective and make good contact.

I'm seeing .260 babip and I was surprised babip was relatively quite a bit below .300 by MLB standards, because the games look right visually. Although sometimes I think ground balls are still gobbled up quite a bit even with fielder reaction on 2. But maybe somehow I'm not hitting ground balls hard enough for whatever reason these days. Not sure how to remedy that within myself.

.260 doesn't seem too low at a glance until you realize that the very worst team in MLB every year has over .270 babip. (Cleveland being the sole exception so far this year but it will go up).

Mainly trying to figure out if it's just me so I can figure out what I'm doing wrong this year, if so. I play with a variety of good and bad hitting teams.

Would love to see some statistics you and others are seeing, not including games from last year obviously, now that we've accumulated a decent stretch of games.

It very well could be that I'm just doing something at the plate that is negatively affecting how hard I hit balls this year.
Yes, and mine are in-line. Heck, it's how I built this set years ago. It's good you're tracking, and now you have a base to make any potential adjustments from.
Old 04-27-2018, 12:22 PM   #331
All Star

Mike Lowe's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by hllback23
I’ve been using the sliders in my Franchise with the Yankees. My record is 3-7, I’m on a 4 game loosing streak.

I use guess pitch and when I get a fastball up in the zone (strike) I place my PCI right on the ball and what happens next after I make solid contact with the ball, is it floats softly to short or second base where the defender takes a step and casually catches it for an out. It doesn’t make a difference if it’s a contact swing or power swing and it doesn’t matter if it’s Judge or Didi, same results. It almost feels like a glitch because I get perfect timing on the ball.

Get away from using guess pitch, would be my advice. I know it may not seem like it, but you're creating bad habits.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2018, 12:24 PM   #332
All Star

Mike Lowe's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by richnav
I’m wondering does anyone else see an out fielder like start walking sometimes while going after a deep hit

Yes, and although not as silly looking, this happens all of the time in MLB. It takes a long time to leg out a sure double, and OFs know it and know the baserunner speed so no sense in rushing and making things worse.
Old 04-27-2018, 12:27 PM   #333
All Star

Mike Lowe's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detroit Tigers
Like these a lot Mike. Using everything except I have pitch speed at 9 and, my question, I have SP stamina at 7 and RP stamina at 3. Wondering why you settled on 5 for both (sorry if you explain or discuss it elsewhere).

In my experience RP at 5 tends to have RPs available at full or near-full stamina quite a bit, even on three consecutive days. I much prefer it so that a RP is “unavailable” the day after a longish outing and certainly unavailable after pitching two or three days in a row. Not really seeing that with RP stamina at 5.

And as for SP stamina, just today I had Daniel Norris (70 stamina) run out of energy (literally “out of energy”) at 85 pitches. Seems like if I had SP stamina at 5 he would have been out of energy at 75 or even 70 pitches, which is patently ridiculous. Just wondering your thoughts. Cheers man. Great sliders.

I definitely am seeing the opposite with RP. My dudes are always tired it seems, and NEVER are able to pitch 3 days in a row--I'm lucky if they can make it that full inning in a second-day-in-a-row appearance.

SP stamina seems fine to me. SP don't stay in like they used to, unless you're a top flight guy with 90+ stamina. Not a ton of those IRL or in the game.
Old 04-27-2018, 03:56 PM   #334
MVP

NolanRyansSnowmonkey's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lowe
Yes, and mine are in-line. Heck, it's how I built this set years ago. It's good you're tracking, and now you have a base to make any potential adjustments from.
Yeah i'm not afraid to make adjustments, I do it every year...but don't make adjustments on a whim too much if others are seeing good results. Thats why i thought i might ask here...

Like i said Clevelands babip is .250 so far compared to the next lowest team around .270, and league average at .300. But by year end Clevelands babip will catch up. If i wasnt squaring up the ball regularly with good timing i would be more apt to change things to make it easier. But i am squaring up the ball as much as ever and swinging at good hittable pitches. So my babip should catch up to everyone if everything is the same, and making the same good contact as others. So im less likely to change sliders willy nilly. The ball just seems like it's been left too long in a humidor most games.

The only reason I asked is i had my buddy send me his stats and his babip is about the same as mine at .266. I didnt assume even from that that something was wrong. But seems logical to get some other input here, and even better some actual numbers from others before I start bumping sliders everywhere...
Old 04-27-2018, 05:18 PM   #335
All Star

Mike Lowe's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NolanRyansSnowmonkey
Yeah i'm not afraid to make adjustments, I do it every year...but don't make adjustments on a whim too much if others are seeing good results. Thats why i thought i might ask here...

Like i said Clevelands babip is .250 so far compared to the next lowest team around .270, and league average at .300. But by year end Clevelands babip will catch up. If i wasnt squaring up the ball regularly with good timing i would be more apt to change things to make it easier. But i am squaring up the ball as much as ever and swinging at good hittable pitches. So my babip should catch up to everyone if everything is the same, and making the same good contact as others. So im less likely to change sliders willy nilly. The ball just seems like it's been left too long in a humidor most games.

The only reason I asked is i had my buddy send me his stats and his babip is about the same as mine at .266. I didnt assume even from that that something was wrong. But seems logical to get some other input here, and even better some actual numbers from others before I start bumping sliders everywhere...
It's important to not track it game to game as that assumes you've had the exact same number of ABs. Instead, you can calculate your BABIP at any time--even for AI teams--by going into their team stats (and some player stats) and adding it all into the calculator.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2018, 05:21 PM   #336
All Star

Mike Lowe's Arena

I'm sick as a dog today, but have just 2 games left in my Marlins franchise. We are out of the playoff hunt after being swept by the Rockies, but can still finish with 83 wins.

I'm planning to stream the last game of the season if I'm feeling better later. It's pretty special to get that last game wrapped up and start heading into the offseason.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »